Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,223 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Tyler Perry House Of Payne - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Tyler Perry House Of Payne (972 Views)

Tyler Perry's "Temptations": The Movie That Shows What Hollywood Tries To Hide. / Man Lifts Bag Of Rice With His Teeth On Toni Payne's Show / New Movie Trailer;Madea's Big Happy Family 2011 Starring Tyler Perry,bow Wow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tyler Perry House Of Payne by SeanT21(f): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2008
I love this show. My boyfriend Mother got me into it now I can not stop watching it.

I can not wait to see what is gonna happen with miranda and Calvin marriage.

Kudos to Tyler Perry for making a wonderful sitcom.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by chiogo(f): 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2008
Umm, it's a nice show but I gotta say that the characters aren't that funny. Tyler perry is fond of getting cheap skate actors in his productions and they usually portray the same stereotypes being made about blacks!

Ok, I was shocked to see Rudy Huxtable(Keisha knight Pulliam) from the cosby show on 'house of payne'. Dang! She ain't getting no more jobs or what?? to stoop to acting in a sitcom and a low budget one at that Cuz I don't think many people watch that show.

Ok, I've criticized the show in every way possible - I like the show(don't get me wrong) but they need to step their game up! It's really not that funny. What's funny is how fat aunty Ella and her husband are.lips sealed.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by naijadiva2(f): 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2008
i like the show. i just started watching it because my brother got me into it. they only funny person on the show is uncle Curtis.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by JeSoul(f): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
pls SeanT that show is not funny at all! I tried watching it a couple of times but instead of laughing I was annoyed at the attempts to be funny. . .

huge thumbs down!
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by Akinagirl(f): 1:21am On Aug 01, 2008
I agree with that. Keyisha Knight -Pullam. That was an o-k episode. However a lot of the black sitcoms these days always has some extremely dumb boy. Calvin and AKA my wife and Kids with the dumb boy Jr. I don't know why they like these stereotypes. Also on Tyler Perry's show, the mother is a crack addict. Just wish there could be something positive about black families out there again.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by SeanT21(f): 1:32am On Aug 01, 2008
Its not too funny but Some episodes are hilarious. Ex, Malik BDay Party episode.

Other than that, I love it.

Akinagirl:

I agree with that. Keyisha Knight -Pullam. That was an o-k episode. However a lot of the black sitcoms these days always has some extremely dumb boy. Calvin and AKA my wife and Kids with the dumb boy Jr. I don't know why they like these stereotypes. Also on Tyler Perry's show, the mother is a crack addict. Just wish there could be something positive about black families out there again.

They are trying to potray things that certain black females go through. I will say although I am sick of sitcoms having a dumb kid and a fat person. What is up with that!!
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by Akinagirl(f): 1:50am On Aug 01, 2008
Lol. I know right! So you see my point. It is highly irritating.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by SeanT21(f): 2:47am On Aug 01, 2008
Yes. Nothing new.
Re: Tyler Perry House Of Payne by naijadiva2(f): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
SeanT21:

Its not too funny but Some episodes are hilarious. Ex, Malik BDay Party episode.

Other than that, I love it.

They are trying to potray things that certain black females go through. I will say although I am sick of sitcoms having a dumb kid and a fat person. What is up with that!!

i know i'm late and all but LOL cuz it's so true. but for real, they use the same stereotypes. even if the show is about positive black people doing something with their life, someone in that show always has to have a crack head mother or an abusive alcoholic father.

(1) (Reply)

Women as Prostitutes and Withches! / Expendable 2 Trailer / Originality - Naija's Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.