Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) (6965 Views)

Send Ur Cv To Workforce, For Urgent Recuitment / Submit Your Cv To This Audit Firm / Post Your Cv's To Diamond Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2013
This will be quick and simple, i promise. At the end of this tutorial all you applicants finding it difficult to convert your word documents like CV or scanned documents like Certificates and the like, to pdf will be a thing of the past.

I would be including screen shots of the process where necessary so don't sweat! If you're ready jump in..

Please if you have any questions or challenge, feel free to ask. I help you along in the best way i can.

DOWNLOAD DoPDF

To start with, we would require a software that would help us convert our documents into pdf. The software i use and find convenient using is dopdf. you can download it directly from dopdf official download page here

http://www.dopdf.com/download/setup/dopdf-7.exe

Or you can google Dopdf and go to their download page to find it. its about 4mb in size.

find it on your PC where you have downloaded it. it should be here

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\Programs

Double click to start installation. See picture below.

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2013
Continue Installation of DoPdf

We would continue with our installation process. it's very simple. Follow the picture illustrations (coloured arrows and boxes, follow the numbers serially), you should be fine.

Any Questions?? Please Ask.

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Once Installed.. You're ready to convert any documents into pdf.
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
CONVERTING YOUR DOCUMENT (WORD EXAMPLE)

I'll be using a word document in this tutorial. The process is simple and the same regardless of the document type. Dopdf works like an installed printer on your system. While you want to print a document, you'll find dopdf7 listed as on of the installed printers in the drop down list as you'll see later. But first,

Lets open our sample document ( Or after you're through with editing your document and ready to convert it, if it's already open)

My sample file name is Samuel Cv.docx

Print the document (press Ctrl + p on your keyboard ) to get to the print dialog box, see images below...

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
From the printer name drop down box above (Step 1), find dopdf v7 as shown (Image Below) and click it to make it the active printer (Step 2).

Click Ok to print... (Step 3)

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
After clicking Ok, the next dialog box is shown (image below)

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Locate your file where its being saved and open.. There you have it (Image).. You've just converted your document to PDF.

Converting any other Type document is also as easy.

Open the document, print it and choose Dopdf v7 as the printer and the rest is easy as already described.

In my next tutorial,

i'll show how to convert Documents from PDF to either Word or JPEG... till then...

Goodluck!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by masagoody(m): 6:11am On Dec 19, 2013
Good job bro. God bless you
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2013
masagoody: Good job bro. God bless you

Thank you Sir..
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by julialloyds45: 7:38am On May 05, 2015
For converting the Word Document (CV) To PDF you need to make use of the PDF Creator which provides you several ways by which you can create the PDF files completely. It helps you in creating the PDF document from word Docx documents without any constraint. It can generate PDF files from multiple image formats like JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF etc. It allows you to easily create the PDF from Text files. It provides you with drag and drop option of the targeted files instead of hitting the specified button, suspends and continues the conversion anytime as you wish. Customize an output folder for saving the created PDF while not saving in the source file etc. It supports the batch conversion in which you can import several files and can convert them to PDF to save your energy and time.
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:50am On May 05, 2015
Educative.... Thanks boss
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 05, 2015
Why go thru all these stress?

When you are done typing, simply click on "save as". You will see a drop-down list. Select "pdf", and you are done!

1 Like

Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by endie44: 7:39pm On May 03, 2016
I had promised to make a tutorial on how to convert pdf documents to Word or Jpeg.
I sincerely apologize for having not being able to deliver on my promise.
I will correct this as soon as possible.
Re: How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) by rommyth(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2016
wow' i just learnt something new......thanks boss.very educative

(1) (Reply)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form And N40,000 Recruitment Payment / INTERSOS Nigeria Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Green Spring International School Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.