Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help (609 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Lifestyle Evangelism: Greatest Challenge Of Modern Day Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by emmyskies(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2013
Narrow is the way that lead to life eternal: matthew 7:14
In life, we all have a challenge we have to deal with. But theres most times have to be a big challenge. It could be something you ought not to do, something you ought to do, thought, whichever way it is.
For me, I talk too much. I strive to live a righteous and holy life; for perfection of these and love of GOD and man. But I have a challenge, each time I come out (outside my family home), I see myself talking too much. I try to control it but cant. Maybe its because I try to make everyone feel okay and comfortable with me. But its a challenge and I dont like it
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by Ryskey: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
[ need help too! Cos at times i do carried away by sentiment. May God rekindle our spirit.
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by emmyskies(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2013
^^^sentiments; Based on emotion instead of reason. Here you go, your sense of emotion or feeling is supposed to make you do the right thing. But if the right thing to do will make you feel bad, you have no option than do it. You'd feel bad at first, take it off your mind, with time, its all gone. There is a challenge in doing things with reason, mostly if your emotional; you dont want to feel about doing them. But you have to balance them both. You dont want to hurt someone but you got to do it if its the right thing to do. Its difficult at first but GOD will help you overcome it
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by emmyskies(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2013
Ryskey: [ need help too! Cos at times i do carried away by sentiment. May God rekindle our spirit.
Amen. As christians we need to live a righteous and holy life to make heaven. Living a righteous life is all about doing what is right in the sight of GOD and men. Doing what is right at all cost. When you get to the point of been sentimental, see yourself as a righteous man, do what is right, forget if it hurts you or not. See it that you've done the right thing and GOD will be proud of you for doing the right thing. That should give you joy that will overcome the hurt inside of you. GOD bless you
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by MKSON(m): 10:19am On Dec 19, 2013
my deepest challenge as a Christian of which the Lord has been helping me on is boldness to pray for the sick,afflicted, dead etc cos most times the Holy Spirit would be like pray for that guy & i would give an excuse of what if the person doesn't get healed.But of recent, i got a little boldness to pray for a person who was under the affliction of the devil for 11years and in less than a second that person got healed cos i believe as Christians we are supposed to do as or more than the miracles of Jesus while preaching the gospel.My aim in this world is to prove to people that Jesus is still alive and loves them and want them restored to His kingdom. May God grant us the grace to walk in the fullness of His plans for us.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by emmyskies(m): 11:09am On Dec 19, 2013
^^^ nice. Yes, thats something we Christians need to take serious. John 14:12 says "Greater works than these shall we do..."
Greater works than what Christ did shall we do.
I will take it serious to pray for people. Thanks. I pray GOD give us the zeal, courage and boldness to stand up to our responsibilities as christians, and by so doing, win souls to the kingdom of GOD. GOD bless you
Re: What Is Your Greatest Challenge As A Christian. Share And Help by MKSON(m): 11:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
amen!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Making God In Our Image / Palestinian Family To Bury Murdered Teenager / Are All Religions Praying To The Same God In Different Ways?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.