Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately (872 Views)

University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) / N1.8 Bn Arrears: Unity School Teachers Shun Fg’s Plea On Strike / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by Richiez(m): 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
The PUNCH reliably gathered in Abuja that the Federal Government was ready to pay the outstanding salary arrears of ASUU members.

It was learnt that the government also reached an understanding with the union to pay the lecturers ‘salaries as a precondition to suspending the strike.
A source privy to the agreement said, “The Federal Government has agreed to pay the salary arrears. It is part of the understanding we reached.”

When asked by one of our correspondents if the government indeed accepted to pay the salary arrears of the lecturers, Wike replied, “What is your problem? Has ASUU told you they have a problem with that?
“That they have called off the strike is the most important thing. For the other ones, leave the details for us. Any agreement we reached with ASUU must be honoured.”
The National Vice-president of ASUU, Mr. Biodun Ogunyemi, who was sighted at the NUC office in Abuja, refused to comment on the issue.

But The PUNCH gathered that both parties decided to be silent on the issue because of the controversy the decision of the government to withhold the salaries generated.
But our source said, “The Federal Government has agreed to pay the arrears immediately.”

• Agreement’ll be fully implemented –FG
The Federal Government, in a statement, reiterated its commitment to implementing all the items contained in the agreement with ASUU.

In the statement by Nwakaudu, the government said that investing N1.3tn (including the N200bn already released for this year) in infrastructure in the public universities in the next six years would transform them into international centres of excellence.

Source: PUNCH Newspaper

http://academicsnigeria.com/fg-set-to-pay-ASUU-lectures-salary-arrears-immediately/
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by immortalcrown(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
Another deceit.
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by LONGLIQI(f): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
i pray it transforms. d 1s ASUU have beeb collecting i never saw a broom in my school nt to talk of oda infracstructure
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by ireneidiva(f): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
jona has really tried for ASUU
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by Moiking(m): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2013
ASUU its now your turn, to either choose to use or misuse the money.
I pray there wont be another strike again in our educational sector (for my mind ba, lol.)
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by personal59: 4:16am On Dec 19, 2013
Moiking: ASUU its now your turn, to either choose to use or misuse the money.
I pray there wont be another strike again in our educational sector (for my mind ba, lol.)
See me see student pls who told u ASUU collected d money so u don't knw the diff btw ASUU and NUC ASUU only fight for d money NUC will av d money to distribute to the Non teaching staff who will implement it abegi try to understand hw the uni system is been run
Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by shorxynla(m): 6:30am On Dec 19, 2013
No Comment!

Re: FG Set To Pay ASUU Lectures’ Salary arrears Immediately by Moiking(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
personal59:
See me see student pls who told u ASUU collected d money so u don't knw the diff btw ASUU and NUC ASUU only fight for d money NUC will av d money to distribute to the Non teaching staff who will implement it abegi try to understand hw the uni system is been run
lol bro easy na, abi u wan take me shine.

(1) (Reply)

Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread! / Some Irregularities In Nigerian Education Policy / Start Learning With Amazing Video Tutorials (education, Certifications & Skills)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.