Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

E-commerce In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-commerce In Nigeria (1027 Views)

Mobile Commerce In Africa: Changing The Way Business Is Done? / E-commerce In Nigeria / E- Retail / E-commerce In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-commerce In Nigeria by manchi: 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
When I say good, I mean best place for best price and quick delivery. E-commerce, today, you will agree with me, is an evidence of "the internet has made the world a global village". In Nigeria today we have companies like Jumia, Konga, etc. Believe me, this is life made easy. Talking of the e-shopping experience with these companies, for example jumia, the website design is great, you can easily search for items, and their checkout is kind of simple. So, everything except delivery is O.K! Why? My uncle bought stuffs from them and payment is to be made on delivery. He is yet to receive those stuffs. Konga, great site, good experience and delivery sleekly better.

O.k. let’s consider the way items categorized. Jumia has a very good way of categorizing items. Check out any of their product and review their breadcrumb. Konga, not so bad but not sophisticated. I mean, it is been done in such a very simple way that things or stuffs can grow out of bounds. In such case, you see them adding things to where they are not supposed to be. For example, you can have a type of plasma TV to be in the Television (Parent) category when you can actually have plasma as a child category of Television.

Aside from all these giant e-commerce companies, there are other ones sprouting up and have been gaining recognition. I stumbled on one few days ago and was impressed by what I discovered. The website design makes the shopping experience a wow! Trust me, I shopped for an Yves Saint spray and they delivered it in less than 48 hours. I check out some other stuffs about their website and found it fascinating and they are new. In few months’ time, none can tell the height they will attain in serving and making things easy to find. You can check them out on yakora.ng.

I for see this company becoming one of the best e-commerce companies in Nigeria.
Re: E-commerce In Nigeria by itsrandeeboi(m): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don't really get the point of this your post. Are you trying to compare ecommerce sites in Nigeria or are you just telling us about one?
Re: E-commerce In Nigeria by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
@OP, I think your topic is a bit off what you posted. IF you're trying to compare Ecommerce websites in Nigeria, well, I don't know, there doesn't seem to be that much to choose between them. As far as most people know, Jumia and Konga are the only Ecommerce websites in Nigeria (which, quite frankly, is not true as there are many, many other ecommerce websites in Nigeria. A quick google search would surprise most of you). There's Kara.com.ng (design is really not good), Kaymu (Not really sure if this is an ecommerce site per se. Seems like they are just a platform for retailers to showcase their goods), Yakora (pretty new, really different design unlike nearly every other ecommerce site in Nigeria that looks like a clone of Jumia), Traclist (feels more like dealdey to me than a full on ecommerce site), buylikemagic.com (design is rather washy and they seem to have very few products). I'm keeping an eye on the newer sites as it seems Jumia and Konga have reached some sort of duopoly agreement. Their prices and offerings are pretty much similar and there's really little to choose between them.
Re: E-commerce In Nigeria by manchi: 3:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
itsrandeeboi: Don't really get the point of this your post. Are you trying to compare ecommerce sites in Nigeria or are you just telling us about one?

Well, consider my topic to be polymorphic as I'm comparing and also letting people know there's a new one up for comparison.

(1) (Reply)

Closed / The Following Vessels Are Offered For Sale / Naira Devaluation: Airlines May Skip Aircraft Routine Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.