Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University (23307 Views)

See The Big Snake Killed At Dramatic Art Department, OAU (pics) / Olabisi Onabanjo University,ago Iwoye Post Ume / Admission To Olabisi Onabanjo University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by ogunwalea(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2013
Tragedy struck on Wednesday at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun, when unknown assailants killed a lecturer, just as ASUU called off its five-month old strike. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the victim, Dr Segun Onabanjo, was a senior lecturer at the Department of Sociology. According to eyewitnesses, the assailants broke into his residence in Odomolasa area of Ilese-Ijebu at about 1a.m. on Wednesday, shot the lecturer and carted away some personal and household items. NAN learnt that the corpse has since been deposited in an undisclosed mortuary. When contacted on telephone, the Police Public Relations Officer of Ogun Police Command, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the killing of the lecturer. Adejobi said the command was on the trail of the killers who escaped through a nearby bush. “We are already working on some leads; the police engaged the criminals when they arrived at the scene and some were believed to have sustained injuries in the duel. “We combed the area and found some blood stains which we hope will help in this case,” he said. “The police command is seriously investigating this case and the suspects will be brought to justice.’’ Adejobi called on medical doctors in the state to alert the command in case they noticed anyone with gunshot wounds in their hospitals. Meanwhile, lecturers have resumed work at the university in compliance with the directive of the national secretariat of Academic Staff Union of Universities. Students’ turn-out was still low as some were seen returning to the campus as at the time of filling this report.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-kill-lecturer-in-olabisi-onabanjo-university/

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
***first to comment***
RIP to the man

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by twosquare(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Na wa oo....

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by adorable29(f): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
So sad.... May his soul RIP!

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by PopeXanderVII: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by bankyblue(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
wow! that young man wont enjoy from the 200b naria they fought for

R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Space booked
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Kayraph(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Na wa ooooo. After all the strike sufferings!

So Naija policemen don advance to that level whereby they could catch a criminal using 'blood stains'? shocked
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by donpope1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Some schools can be scary, some lecturers can be crazy and some students can be deadly!!!

R.I.P TO THE DEAD

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by johhnnie(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yeah first to
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by funshybam(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
i no pity am
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by boblaporta(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Proudly oouite

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Bulcqlay(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
What a pity R.I.P
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by adeoladrg(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
My neighbor always spoke bout him. Not really good things tho.
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by vIQtoOor(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
rip
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by ayusco85(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Have any cult group claimed responsibility yet?

Let's wait for CNN news, to see if Boko boys will claim responsibility

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
Wtf thats the school i was meant to attend nxt year
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by tope24(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
So sad. R.I.P to the dead
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by 1stola: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
OK When they will not allow our girls to rest...
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Another one bites the dust.
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by adeoladrg(m): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sum1 said he was a terror to his students. This is a lesson to those lecturers that think they own the world.
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by donphilopus: 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
RIP Don!
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by adeoladrg(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
EMMAUGOH: Wtf thats the school i was meant to attend nxt year

So

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Ovialekhe(f): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Rip.may God console his family
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Exponental(m): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Na wa ooo
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by adeoladrg(m): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
@Op he was killed at his residence at ijebu and not OOU plsss.. The topic is misleading abeg..

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by excellencyabia1: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
what can I say RIP but your name has been included in the list of the sacrificial lamp of ASUU strike 2013
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by sweetguy10(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ahh Mr Onabanjo , that man ehn. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by 9jahubcom(m): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
rip
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by 9jahubcom(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
excellencyabia1: what can I say RIP but your name has been included in the list of the sacrificial lamp of ASUU strike 2013
hmmm
Re: Lecturer Killed At Olabisi Onabanjo University by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
You can never see my comment on this kind of tread * mo taka sufay *

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: Private Schools Turn Saturdays To Working Days In Enugu / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / 2012/2013 Post Ume For Imsu Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.