Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Remembering Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Remembering Death (425 Views)

Remembering Dreams - 10 Tips / Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero! / Remembering September 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remembering Death by abdussalam(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2013
Sunday penultimate week, this writer had gone to bed with loads of plans for the new week as it was imminent the ASUU Strike was to be called off. Alas! Monday morning and the entire week's plans hit a brickwall as the person who slept hale and hearty woke up feverish and could barely eat food for two days to follow. I had always heard of people having food but not being able to eat. (We learnt 'Some have food...' in primary school, I can remember) but it had never happened to me before. Thanks to Allah by weekend, everything became stable.

I might have been 'lucky' that it didn't get worse. Many others in some parts of the world might just had suffered from a mere headache and died. Some, with no sign of illness, had been reported dead. Some would just walk out their abodes, never to return as a result of some accidents. Some sleep deep and straight it is to death. Such is life!

During the 5-month ASUU Strike, I can vividly recall that I got the news of up to six students of the University of Lagos alone who died following various circumstances, most being final year students (the most recent surprise was on last Wednesday). This makes me recall that anybody can die at anytime and everyone would die at some time. No one wishes to die soon but when we'll die is only known by our Creator. Since we can't determine that time, let's keep in mind that the passing of each day reduces the number of days remaining in our lives. That today is the beginning of the last day of the rest of our lives, should key into our minds.

Let's keep enjoining + practising virtues, discouraging evils and be hopeful that Allah would accept our deeds as acts of worship. Like some always say, 'Only God knows who is worshipping Him' but those striving to worship Him could know themselves by strictly abiding by His commandments. I pray that death doesn't overtake us except at the best time for us!

- Abdussalam Amoo
Re: Remembering Death by rmaubsiau(m): 10:26am On Dec 20, 2013
such is life

(1) (Reply)

Where Did U Do Your Crossover Service??? / 10 Commandments For Husbands / Think About These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.