Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar (9729 Views)

Senate Approves NOUN For NYSC Programme / Lasu 2012/2013 Academic Section. Lets Meet Here Now. / NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY 2012/2013 Academic Session POST UME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Obinovictor(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
iykemoney90: @ op...an advice u can't get from anywhere....if u re in industrial physics forget abt first class aim @ 2.1, because is nt possible 2 come out with first class there...try and read ur books...fun no dey finish. Watever u achieve in ur first year and second year determines wat u graduate with. But most importantly keep ur eyes 4 ground, find a mentor who is in upper level like 400 or 500l who knws wats up and ur ride will be smooth.
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Myque1(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hmmmm. So we have this many FUTO students on NL? Thought none of us had the time. A lot of sound advice has been offered already. Looking forward to the new hostel... it's beautiful, and very close to my department. grin
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Obinovictor(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
iykemoney90: @ op...an advice u can't get from anywhere....if u re in industrial physics forget abt first class aim @ 2.1, because is nt possible 2 come out with first class there...try and read ur books...fun no dey finish. Watever u achieve in ur first year and second year determines wat u graduate with. But most importantly keep ur eyes 4 ground, find a mentor who is in upper level like 400 or 500l who knws wats up and ur ride will be smooth.

Are you sure you're a FUTOITE? And who told you IPH have not produced first class? You better say what you know and don't discourage the poor boy.
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Sowhizy(f): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
Am comin
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by picasso4u(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
aaah, my very 1st post 2 make front page.
anyway bak 2 d topic, tnx 4 d comments so far, more will still b appreciated.
still dancing skelewu on my laptop
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by fabby26(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Man'O'War still dey operate for FUTO. I remember back then in Uniport when they were abolished in Uniport after strong protest from students which resulted in setting ablaze of their Commandants' hostel and Vehicle by aggrieved students following the brutal and gruesome murder of two innocent students just because of 1K. It wasn't easy back then 2010 in my 2nd year with gunshots & teargas flying in the air from mobile policemen to arresting of some students down to the fled of some man'o'war members from school for safety. Everywhere was tensed up then which was a week away to our semester exam. Then finally which led to shut down of academic activities in the school for weeks. It wasn't a pleasant experience but am happy to have survived it then. And since Man'o'War was scraped by school authorities following that aftermath, The school has known peace. Those guys are nothing different from their anti group(Cultists)
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Bbeee: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Uchexxy: broda y wishing dem d impossible na? To u freshers i say welcm but d last u shd expect is fun. Some would understand now but d rest will undastand after 1st semester exam. In all i say goodluck.

He said it all..... And biko don't joke with your workshop and Eng drawing. GOODLUCK and have fun freshmen..
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by sarutobie(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
-Myque-:
Hmmmm. So we have this many FUTO students on NL? Thought none of us had the time. A lot of sound advice has been offered already. Looking forward to the new hostel... it's beautiful, and very close to my department. grin
Chemical or petroleum engineering I suppose?
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Myque1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
sarutobie:
Chemical or petroleum engineering I suppose?
Petroleum!
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Psychedelia(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chem Eng. alumnus in here! Class of 2011.
Good luck to you all cool
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Bossforeva: i dnt fork gals, but i like hanging out with cute intelligent ones. They are rare in FUTO
GAY
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
michu: Please oooo, is futo pre-degree form out? And were can I get it
since november
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by GentleFrank(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Good !
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2013
So u guys now pay for tutorials?
In my time it was free. Almost all fellowship organise their tutorials and I attended almost all of them.

Then, if u must do well, u collect notes and textbooks frm upper year students and read them during the vacation. You must make sure you go through it b4 resumption so as to flow with the lecturer during lectures. You also make sure you answer past question up to 10 years past or min of 5 years past, they are very likely 50% or more of ur exam questions.

If you like sleeping as I do, make sure you get an early bird friend, dt way you are assured of seat in workshop 1 or 2, or even lecture hall.

Was Futo worth it ? Yes, I strongly agree. You are prepared for the struggles ahead. More than 70% of my coursemates are very successful now.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by 36STATES: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Only one month of study before exams and we're wondering why our graduates don't reason like graduates from other countries. With this chaotic academic calendar, lacking in dept and quality, you're definitely going to continue having graduates who believe in mysticism and lack intellectual approach and understanding of the world around them. This country is doomed!
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Ugom38(f): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
so the new hostel is 4 boys again?dats cheating if its true.4:2
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by klens(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Greatest Futoites, my almamata. remember those days when buka 5 is located opposite Hall B before they wia relocated.mehn! man still soak what they called OTO those days. chai! this life sef, FUTOITES which level now? I got hottest selling Tab to rock this season, get our Ainol Ax1 Poseidon quad core MTK 6586, 16GB ROM, 3G, HDMI, with keyboard, leather case, OTG, pen, pouch, etc for only N33000, and w450 Android smart phone, 1GB RAM, 8MP, Quad core MTK 6582 ,supports OTG, 4.5 inch HD, 16000000 colours, 240dpi, benchmark score 17000 plus price so cheap via https://www.nairaland.com/1507902/hot-selling-ainol-ax1-poseidon#19363147, 08108131920 .

1 Like

Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Juvante(m): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
As for IPH, the fear of Prof Amagh Nduka is the beginning of wisdom! I was in SPE then but Wetin that guy do us in 2003 in PHY 102, na God go punish am!
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by picasso4u(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Juvante: As for IPH, the fear of Prof Amagh Nduka is the beginning of wisdom! I was in SPE then but Wetin that guy do us in 2003 in PHY 102, na God go punish am!
who is dis prof amah nduka. Av heard a lot about him
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by emekaxy: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
1. Try to be in school at most 3rd Jan.

2. Check the up school business area for past questions and answers its very important, also ask some people above you for past questions and answers.

3. Before you return to school if you know any one in d same dept with u but above u in level ask them to bring you past questions and answers on their way back to school.

4. Go to night class read, jack until you see Benzene ( you know what i mean)

5. Connect yourself with some good students and form a discussion group

Goodluck
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by dexcira(f): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
boss foreva! ders fun o ! depends on d type! fetchn frm man power kud b fun to sm ppl ,runin frm 750 to wrkshp too etc lmao! depends on ur own definition of fun! @iyke money ur lmao at ur pix! u ar jst remindin m dt skl don resume ooo choiii
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by woodboi(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Focus and balance is all i have to say....dont get too involve in anything such as over jerking, religious fanaticism, dress to kill, join Man o War(automatic 3rd class ticket), social life e.t.c. forget first class and start building ur GP from your very first paper if u are not in IMT. Cheating can be interesting, but if you follow that path. Bear dis in mind ur 2.2 or 3rd class is certain. The first 2yrs wil seems like freedom away from home until reality starts flashing.

Above all put God first and study your lecturer's from the onset.
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by templeguy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
D only advice I got 4 d freshers is, if u happen to fall in physics department and u re not a jerkerholic(I mean if u don't hv d strength to read) better go and buy change of course form, unless u are ready to stay 8yrs in skul.
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by donpapaecko(m): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Frustration under tension owerri....well almost forgot my level, still searching 4 my text books
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by tusaint: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fustration Under Tension Owerri. Too much stress and Wahala for this our School sef
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by epaulo: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Guy u are welcome to FUTO, a great skool
1. God first before any other tin
2. Attend ur lectures nd practicals as well becos in FUTO no practical gives u automatic F grade
3. Don't play with ur cos rep, assignments, lecturers nd ur department becos they are de important to u as an undergraduate in FUTO
4. FUTO is stressful but na de stress be de fun
5. Make friends both de good nd bad ones but don't join de bad ones in doing bad, instead learn from dere mistakes
6. Read ur books nd make sure u understand one topic before going to de next topic
7. Read past exam questions nd test
8. Don't play with ur test because it also adds to ur total score
9. Don't involve ursef in any relationship tins with a girl to avoid loosing concentration
10. have ur own personal timetable, to help guide u in doing tins
11. Make friends to ur cos mates in upper level nd tell dem to keep dere materials for u (materials =I T reports, assignment materials, past questions both test nd exam)
12. Also take all courses to be the same tin, no course in FUTO is hard it just depends on ur approach
13. Be WISE nd also shine ur Eyes, u suppose understand nah
14. FUTO is too strict
15. Finally, FEAR GOD nd always do de right tin at the right time...
God bless ur stay in FUTO... Ed' PAUL repin civil engineering

1 Like

Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by santa62(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
omo no be small thin oh Eng drawing way for make guy man no graduate, seriously dont joke with that 1 or 2 unit course can't remember again. lot of us took it for granted and it hunted us till final year some people extra year self. if u want to live off campus i will suggest Obineze (umuanunu) live there from my first year - my final year loving people. ezeobobu people na serious bad belle people, iheagwa and umuchima are also nice area to live. and always read your book. beware of a guy called CHIEF PRIEST aka Eze umo no do any skool runs with am that guy generation to generation in dey futo(but na my guy still on still) long live FUTO, long live Geology Dept, long live Hostel C
Bbeee:

He said it all..... And biko don't joke with your workshop and Eng drawing. GOODLUCK and have fun freshmen..
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by amadice(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
Obinovictor:

Are you sure you're a FUTOITE? And who told you IPH have not produced first class? You better say what you know and don't discourage the poor boy.
.....IPH just produced recently because prof amanduka cos was taken away from him....he teaches yr1 now...OP NOW LISTEN TO MY ADVISE....IF U WANNA DO WELL IN FUTO...YOUR YEAR 1 MATTERS A LOT...chem 101 102 phy 101 102 all does 4 units courses dont joke wit dem...pls dnt cheat during exam if ur caught ur going home... Dnt fight inside d sch to avoid MAN O WAR and MEN IN GREEN...dey ar beautiful girls in futo now but free dem unless u wanna visit ESIMAN FRIES OFTEN....avoid over flExing....(futo alum MCS 2011)
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by amadice(m): 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
picasso4u:
....if u dnt know him u better google is name, or wen u resume go to physic dept and ask...FIRST INDIGENOUS FUTO VC, NUMBER 7TH PHYSICIST IN D WHOLE WORLD(dnt knw is ranking now) THE ORIGINATOR OF AMAGH CONSTANT...dat man is a lengend....he as sucessfully kept many student in physic dept for 8yrs, some begged to graduate, some ran away and left dere Btech behind, some ar waiting for d day Prof amagh nduka will die so dat dey can cont. lolz...
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by Cathydera(f): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
wow Thank God the strike is over now, can't believe I have spent 9 months at home. can't wait to get back to school, really missed my books, friends And some activities. though the break was fun.
For Freshers, resume early for your clearance (acceptance, medical, department, school, hostel).
finally Find your ancient landmarks ( fellowship ) Don't be deceived.
Be smart And sharp from the onset.

1 Like

Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by okeyximo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
have Futo released anoda list after supplementary
Re: FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar by unikchyka(f): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
picasso4u:
Trust me dude, u dnt wanna have an encounter wit him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uniben Post Ume 2008/09 / Weird Facts Around The World / Why 2018 UTME Results Will Not Be Released Immediately – JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.