Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,868 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Palmwine Vs Bottledwine - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Palmwine Vs Bottledwine (501 Views)

Palmwine Vs Bottledwine / Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Palmwine Vs Bottledwine by ifekobi(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2013
I attended my friend traditional marriage yestaday at Orlu in Imo State. It happans that the groom is a born again like they say.. During the "Itu mmaya" ie when the elders will give drink to the bride to search and present who is her husband.. The groom and his church members, insisted that it will only be done with Eva wine instead of the palm wine as the tradition demands... Haba, they drag this issue for more than three hours, you trust the Igbo elders nah, they either use palm wine or no traditional marriage.
Is it right or wrong? As for me traditional rites should be upheld
Re: Palmwine Vs Bottledwine by Fulaman198(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Duplicate

(1)

Are This Our Culture? / Significance Of Birthday / What's On YOUR Top Ten List?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.