Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,905 members, 7,952,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay (807 Views)

Ghana Denies Nigerians Need Visitors Visa / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay by areafather: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
My wife is visiting me with a visitors visa and am a u.k.citizen can she stay. Advice urgently needed
Re: Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay by femigirl(f): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2008
what do you mean can she stay? what forever?

visitor visa stay is max 6 months and go. or do you mean can she stay with you while she in the UK? undecided
Explain?
Re: Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay by Ilelobola: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2008
Absolutely not. Best to stick with the terms of her visa -visit and stay for a reasonable time only or at least not much longer than what she said on her application except there is a good reason to stay longer e.g. the full 6 month entry period- and return to her home country. Why don't you apply for a settlement visa for her. Her having visited will give more weight to a spouse visa application.

Please, please, please, do not be tempted to let her overstay this visa as there are no allowances for changing from a visitor's visa to any other settlement type visa except in extremely compassionate circumstances which they have been careful not to make public. So no one really knows how to qualify on compassionate grounds.
Re: Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay by LondonCool(m): 1:08am On Aug 02, 2008
Re: Wife Visitng Me With A Visitors Visa Can She Stay by demi2008(f): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2008
Please for God sake dont let her overstay her visa by 1 second since u are british why dont u apply for a spouse visa for her so she can stay here permanently for 2yrs and after that apply for her indefinate leave to remain in UK and after another 1yr she can naturalize and apply for her British passport.

All u need to apply for her spousal visa is;

Evidence of relationship with sponsor - e.g. marriage/birth certificate, evidence of communication, photographs

Evidence of sponsor's immigration status in UK and copies of passport

Previous divorce papers for applicant/sponsor (if appropriate)

Evidence of employment and current financial circumstances of applicant and sponsor (as per visitors)

Evidence of accommodation

(1) (Reply)

Any One Living In China? / Need Your Advice / Visa Appeal And Re-application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.