Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. (4283 Views)

Jeff Wins MTN Project Fame West Africa Season 8.0 / Funny Rendition Of Don Jazzy’s Dorobucci At MTN Project Fame West Africa / Mtn Project Fame West Africa!: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2008
Hi. For all those who haven't registered and wish to do so the websites are

www.projectfamewestafrica.com or www.mtnonline.com/projectfame/ . For those who have

registered and printed the form, do we have to wait for another email, (apart from the one

sent after applying) confirming approvals of our applications or does our having submitted

an application automatically make us eligible for the auditions? Who has an idea when and

where the Lagos Auditions will take place?
Take care and best of luck.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hi my friend, i registered for the MTN Project Fame yesterday. Registering automatically qualifies you for auditioning so long as you meet the requirement which says you must be an amateur i.e you've never recorded/put out a song/album. The Lagos audition will take place on the 22nd and 23rd of August, 2008. Good Luck!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 12:24am On Aug 05, 2008
Thanks for replying and giving me d audition dates. Please where is the exact venue and how did you get this info? I ask because I read sometime ago on Guardian Online that Lagos auditions would run from the 15 to 17 August. thanks again.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2008
Hey guy, you're welcome. I got the info from the form I printed. The Time table is there. When u fill the form and then print it out you'll see everything. The venue is at Fantasy Land in Ikoyi. Good luck and i'll like to meet u there call me now 08088097763 my name is FJ.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hey guys, to all those who have applied, is this the same mail you received from them afterwards. Just checking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear *******************,

We have received your MTN PROJECT FAME APPLICATION. Your application is being reviewed, and if all the information provided is accurate and all necessary conditions are met, the application will be processed. Please take the page print out to the clarification centre.
Thank you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also did anybody here attend the Kano, Calabar auditions? Please leave your number or tell me how the experience was. I would like to know cos I attended the auditions for Star Quest 2008 and it was a total disaster. They lacked organisation and we were treated like animals @ the gate of the Niteshift Colliseum. I finally quit the auditions cos the process was disheartening and I had exams the next monday. I watched the show on TV later and could not believe the judges felt those where the best musical talents Nigeria had to offer. Only a few of them were good in my opinion.
Also to those attending the Abuja and Enugu auditions this Saturday 9th August please kindly fill us in on how the process went. Leave a number if you can.
Thanks a lot guys. Have a fab weekend.
Ciao.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by jumoby(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hello Dude,
FJ as provided the right answer to your qusetion abt venue and others,
i just need a little enlightment abt the MTN pack we are ask to come with - is it just the plastic card with one's number/password n other stuffs like that or what pack exactly are they demanding for, ?
Hope hearing form u soonest !
n i'm wishing all participant like myself - BEST OF LUCK !
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2008
Yes. I think thats wot they r askin 4. D yellow plastic with ur number and personal unblocking key. Did u get an email 4rm them. wot did it say? Gudnite
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 11:16am On Aug 09, 2008
i can't wait
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2008
naija is blessed let's go there!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
I must say your situation is a tough one and I pray God is with you on this one. It's a tough question but I don't seem 2 get how attending the auditions could affect ur current job. The auditions here in Lagos will hold on a friday and saturday so if u can't make friday, surely u can try saturday unless you have 2 work saturday too. That would definitely suck. Also you work a friend's shift and ask him or her to cover 4 u during d audition period. The most important thing here is faith and answering this question truthful, "Do I have what it takes (vocals, songwriting skills, charisma and X-factor) to mingle with d big local stars eg D'Banj, P-Spuare, 9ice and the international stars?". I'm strongly believe in myself and d only thing that might impede my making the cut is my inability 2 play an instrument though I can sing and write well without one. Best of luck. May the stars align 4 u. Cheers.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 4:39am On Aug 12, 2008
[b][/b] cool Hi guys, i missed the Abuja and Kano auditions, wen i registered there was no audition schedule and no project fame website, that was 25th of last month. Thanks to the info i got here, I'll b leaving this weekend for the Jos auditions. i recently bought a guitar, still a bit rusty though, but I'll go prepared, just incase. i've got the vocals, i write, i dance and i look good. watch out for me. i've been working hard for this day,
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 4:46am On Aug 12, 2008
@ Frijos, if you really believe in yourself and you know you stand a chance, then find a way 2 attend without putting your job on d line, like vta2008 said, it's on a saturday. Personally, my folks dont want me 2 go, so i'm transportin myself to Jos, it's gonna b worth, cos even though i'm in d university, music is my life, and this is my shot at it, i've never bin auditioned, this wil b my first n last, cos i will b picked, so good luck to you.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 4:55am On Aug 12, 2008
@ vta2008, what does the 'X' factor mean?
Guys, do you think this project fame stuff was adequately publicized? to think i would have missed it, if not for u guys. That was how i did not hear of auditions dates for idols west africa, till i saw d contestants on t.v.
Pls, if anyone here has attended any audition in d other states, fill us in on how it all went. must we play a musical instrument? i dont want to play cos i'm still learning.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2008
I really wanna thank you guys for the words of encouragement. Although knowing how to play a musical instrument gives you an edge in such an audition, it doesn't determine who will qualify and who will not. All we gotta do is go all out and give it our best shot and the leave the rest to the Judges to decide. For your vocals I have a useful link for you just go to www.vocalist.org.uk. Peace!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2008
Hello guys hope u all are having a great time. I've got a very useful link for all. For all you need to know about Auditions go to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/startingout/auditions

I really do hope you find it useful. Stay blessed
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by collins123(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2008
Hello Guys I am a little confused, though.

What happens if you can compose, sing and back up perfectly but can't play any musical instruments?

There just must be a way out! Help please.!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hey guys, tomorrow i'm off to Jos for the auditions. I'll let you know how it all plays out. see ya!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 2:51am On Aug 15, 2008
X factor is sumtin similar 2 charisma. It's largely why people r a lot obsessed with Britney Spears and not Christina Aguilera despite d latter being a far excellent vocalist. Dare Art Alade says we shud take food and drink along as d auditions could drag on 4eva. He also says the main thing is to SING WELL PERIOD! and dat a known song is better as the judge might be familiar with it and relate better. I really advice against playing an instrument if you are just learning one. Ur lack of lustre in playin it could cnst u dearly. Best of luck come Saturday and please keep in touch wateva d outcome. Cheers.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2008
Guys, i arrived jos, it's my first time here, so this morning, being d day of d auditions i woke up wit a my voice being a bit cracked, cos jos is cold, got to the centre by 8am, remember 2 photocopy ur id card, we were all cleared and divided into 3 groups to b auditione by 3judges, one 4 each group, about 300 guys turned up, from the extreme wack to the very good. i was on top of my game, singin in d booth, so as to warm up my vocal chords,
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 12:41am On Aug 17, 2008
, we were also told that when we meet wit the judges, we'll either get a yes or a no, that we're being tested mainly on vocals, but guys wit their instruments can play. i was d 5th to b auditioned, but when i was done, i was told to go and that if they didn't find anyone better, they'd call me, since it was too early to say yes, because there were still so many people to audition and they needed just 15 for the next day's screening,
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2008
so i went outside praying to be called, for close to 3hours nothing, and they were virtually through wit auditionin, so when i didn't get called i left and entered a cab for my 4hour trip back to kaduna, i was so sad and disappointed, cos i know i'm good, i have been singing since 12, spent 4 years in the choir and my first audition flopped, 45 mins into the journey, i got a text, to come immediately to the audition centre and try impress,
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by dannie(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2008
, the judges again, which clearly means, they didn't really find all they needed, but i was already on the trip back, so i sent a text 2 d number and told them i was already on the road and that though i know i'm good, next year they'll b blown away, i got a reply, that says, 'the best artistes knw their strenght and weakness, i'm glad u take it well.'
So guys, that was my project fame experience, I'll neva 4get it, I'll keep workin n playin
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by vta2008: 11:29am On Aug 17, 2008
Thanks 4 d feedback. Glad 2 know u had a good outing at the auditions but why r things in Nigeria always different? In the US and UK you get a yes or a no on the spot. I hate unnecessary suspense. It makes my blood pressure rise. Men it sucks dat u don't reside in Jos. U could have gone back and made the 15 they wanted. I totally understand ur disappointment. Just don't let ur folks bring u down by saying, We told u didn't we? or sumtin similar. Keep the faith and confidence in urself. I also wanted 2 clarify a few things as follows. One, how many minutes do u have 2 do ur thing in front of the judges? Two, is it first come, first to get number? I hate havin 2 arrive early and being the last 2 get a number 4 d auditions. Three, did u do ur own song or one sung by another artiste? If u can leave a number, please do. So I can call u shud I have further questions. I wish I could hear those you said were extremely good so as 2 know what my chances are. LOL. I pray the audition day wuldn't be my bad vocal day.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by winojasy: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
Visit my blog on http://jesseonomiwo..com for comprehensive information on project fame.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by wenwolfuk: 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2008
Was just looking online, Project fame west africa is everywhere, its on flikr, my space, facebook, and the next auditions seem to be on Friday, saturday and sunday at fantasy land ikoyi lagos.
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by HillaryX: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
Yes, Heard on radio it's at Fantasy land, Ikoyi.
Tomorrow Friday 22 and next tomorrow Saturday 23.

I'm ready for the Judges!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by frijos(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hey guys just wanna wish y'all the best of luck and I hope y'all learnt from Danni's mistake. never leave an audition until you know where you stand. Also don't drink too much water on the day of audition cos u might find urself urinating frequently--just imagine feeling like urinating when it's ur turn to perform. So it's better u prepare urself now and just go there to have fun tommorow feeling relax and comfortable. Once again best of luck to everyone of you. Cheeers!!!

Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by PFWA1: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hi all,

If you have any queries about Project Fame, the process or just to comment, you can chat to us between the hours of 12pm and 2pm on yahoo messenger the email address is pfwestafrica@yahoo.com. You can also check out our website at www.projectfamewestafrica.com or find us on Facebook, myspace, flikr and soon on youtube and CNN I Report.

If there are still any questions, please leave a comment on this page, and we will be more than happy to respond.

Thanks you all for your support and encouragement.

P.S. Good point to watch you water intake and know where you stand before you leave the auditions. grin

Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by PFWA1: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2008
Well I'm so happy to see everybody getting involved and as excited as i am about project fame west africa, and you should be with us here are fantasyland, because the fun just continues.

By the end of day tommorrow i will have pictures of the amount of fun we are having, but don't think you cannot be part of this fun, because even as i'm typing the auditions continue at fantasyland ikoyi, and you can come audition for the show and get the chance to Step Into Stardom!!!!!

Don't get left out!!!!!!
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by wenwolfuk: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2008
When do the people who are going on the show know?
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by PFWA1: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2008
Hello all,

Thank you for your continual support of MTN Project Fame West Africa.

I've recieved mails from some people asking that if they missed the audition process this year, can they still audition? I'm sorry to say that auditions have closed for this year, but we will be back next year, so look out for the application forms then.

In the interim, you can watch the show in the following channels:

Well if you did not know, you had better ask somebody because MTN Project Fame West Africa is up and we are airing, don't miss out this Sunday as we touch down in Jos, Benin, Abuja and Lagos.

You can catch all the action on:

NTA 5 - 6 pm
Nigezie 8-9pmin Nigeria
TV3 at 4pm in Ghana
CLARTV and REALTV3 at 4pm in Liberia
ABCTV at 4pm in Sierra Leone and
NTA on BENTV at 5pm on SKY in England.

Don't miss your opportunity to Step Into Stardom with MTN Project Fame West Africa, and do visit our website on www.projectfamewestafrica.com for more details on the Xtra Cool stuff coming your way.

KEEP WATCHING!!!!!!
Delete
Re: Who Has Registered For Project Fame West Africa 2008? Pls Help. by seunspice(m): 11:58am On Sep 22, 2008
The show is really nice, however, i would look forward to a better chemistry between Dare and Funmi the presenters and also , the show would do a whole lot more to catch up with the cinematography of the Maltina Dancehall. The show is probably the best i have seen in terms of production quality. I am not for reality shows sha, but i think Maltina dance hall has set a standard.

(1) (Reply)

SO SAD: Singer Azadus Gone Too Soon / Only God Can Judge Me / Download Instrumental: Dj Cuppy Ft Sarkodie – Vybe (beat By Dop3 Wh3zard Beatz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.