Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) (9378 Views)

Policemen Kill Trailer Driver, Assistant Over N500 Bribe / Ondo Policemen Kill Driver In Custody, Label Him Armed Robber- The Punch / Drunk Policemen Kill Businessman In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by BrAkingNews: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2013

When on December 14, 2013, 18-year-old Ikenna Onyeizu and 21-year-old Moses Aiyenuro, attended a Christmas party at Dele Hotel, Ijora Badia area of Lagos State, little did they know that they would not return home.
photo
Residents of the area told PUNCH Metro that the two boys were killed by drunken policemen attached to Ijora Badia Police Station around midnight.
Our correspondent also learnt that another youth, Mike Banji, was also shot by the policemen but survived.
Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, had told our correspondent last week that the boys were stabbed to death by some hoodlums during a fight that broke out at the hotel.
Braide had said when the police arrived at the scene, the boys were rushed to the hospital where they eventually died.
“There was a stampede at Dele Hotel where they were holding an end-of-the-year party around 11pm on December 14. Hoodlums engaged in a fight with machetes and bottles. Moses Aiyenuro was slashed on the neck. A team of policemen from Ijora Badia Police Station rushed to the scene and rescued him, Ikenna and another unconscious person.
“Moses was confirmed dead at the hospital. Hoodlums attacked the police station demanding the release of their colleagues and five suspects were arrested.”
However, a medical report signed by Dr. Durojaiye of the Lagos Island General Hospital, stated that Ikenna was shot in both legs.
PUNCH Metro also learnt that Moses, whose corpse was deposited at Mainland Hospital, Yaba, was killed by a bullet that pierced through his neck and collar bone, and not a machete cut as claimed by the police.
When our correspondent visited the family of the two slain boys on Sunday, sympathisers were seen consoling the family.
Ikenna’s father, Mr. Michael Onyeizu, told our correspondent that with the loss of his son, life had become unbearable.
He said, “I am 50-years-old and I am an umbrella repairer; Ikenna was my only son and I have just one daughter left. He was neither a trouble maker nor a thief. I have struggled all my life and it was my hope that he would bring me out of poverty, but police killed him.
“He just finished secondary school and he was working as a waiter in a nearby hotel to support me. After he was killed, I went to the station to find out what happened, but I was chased out and the policeman on duty even threatened to detain me.
“I don’t have money to pay any lawyer; but I want justice and money to bury my son.”
When our correspondent visited the family house of Moses, his mother and pregnant wife were seen crying.
Moses’s mother said, “This is the second son that I will be losing. Moses was not a cult member. He did not drink or smoke. Police have been embarking on raid, arresting innocent people, and demanding money from them before they are released. Moses just got married last month and his wife is pregnant.”
A friend of the deceased, who craved anonymity due to the sensitivity of the case, told our correspondent that Moses was shot at close range.
He identified some of the killer policemen as Soji and Emma.
He said, “We were having fun at the party when some hoodlums started fighting over a girl. Policemen had been hired by the hotel to provide protection that day, but they went on a drinking spree. When the fight started, they came back and started shooting, but by then, those fighting had fled.
“Among the policemen, I saw Soji and Emma shooting and one of the bullets hit Ikenna on the legs. Moses and I carried Ikenna to the police station to get a police report so that we could take him to a hospital for treatment, but they started shooting at us again so we fled.
“One of the policemen grabbed Moses by the shirt and shot him at close range and killed him. They put his body in a patrol vehicle and beat me and I fell unconscious.”
Moses’s elder sister, Funmilayo, who also witnessed the incident, said she pleaded with the policemen to leave her brother but she was pushed into a gutter where she remained unconscious only to wake up to hear that her brother was dead.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the Office of the Public Defender, a department under the Lagos State Ministry of Justice had taken over the case.
The Secretary, Lagos Marginalised Communities Forum, Ishola Agbodemu, berated the police over the killing of the two youths.
Agbodemu accused the police of high-handedness and urged the government to ensure that the killer cops were brought to book.
Braide promised to respond to the new development, but did not call back as of the time of going to the press.

Brought to by Hmm Naija

See what Yerima did again at [size=26pt]Hmm Naija[/size]

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Kingtim(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2013
R.I.P niqqa!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by LMAyedun(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Na wah oh!!
Nigeria Police sha...
Should we now start to run for those 'men in black' called police in this country?

God will save us from Trigger-happy, finger-itching, drunk policemen in this country.

We need a total overhauling of those mentally deranged security men.

So sad!
R I P to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by obizzy(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2013
RIP brothers sad

2 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by obeenah40(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2013
too long to read :/ RIP TEENAGER
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2013
embarassed
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by donphilopus: 10:46am On Dec 23, 2013
Drunks!
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by nekaa(f): 10:48am On Dec 23, 2013
its just unfortunate that he died for nothing,...
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by xynerise: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2013
All these Agbero party sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Big4wig(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2013
berem: what has agbero party got to do with the killing of the innocent boys? Na wa for you! angry.
dis 1 ur defending d agbero's i guess ur 1 of dem ni..

Buh seriously eh,How can a grown man wake up in d morning, bathe, wear suit & tie, carry briefcase ...just to go & read newspapers at a vendor stand? How?

#BIGWIGcheesycheesy.

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Eneze1(f): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2013
am not surprised, a lot of police needs serious mental evaluation, rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by poshmallam(m): 10:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Rip
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by AdekunleSegun(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2013
na wa o
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by OgologoDimkpa: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2013
So these lives were wasted just like that angry
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by sammyyoung2(m): 10:57am On Dec 23, 2013
if and if only we cld have State Police, just like USA......its wld be far easier to curb Police excesses!!!

RIP to the youngsters

1 Like

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2013
xynerise: All these Agbero party sef undecided
what has agbero party got to do with the killing of the innocent boys? Na wa for you! angry

Rip to the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by adeyemik: 10:58am On Dec 23, 2013
BrAkingNews:
Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, had told our correspondent last week that the boys were stabbed to death b[s]y some hoodlums during a fight that broke out at the hotel[/s].
Braide had said when the police arrived at the scene, the boys were rushed to the hospital where they eventually died.

“There was a stampede at Dele Hotel where they were holding an end-of-the-year party around 11pm on December 14. Hoodlums engaged in a fight with machetes and bottles. Moses Aiyenuro was slashed on the neck. A team of policemen from Ijora Badia Police Station rushed to the scene and rescued him, Ikenna and another unconscious person.
“Moses was confirmed dead at the hospital. Hoodlums attacked the police station demanding the release of their colleagues and five suspects were arrested.”
However, a medical report signed by Dr. Durojaiye of the Lagos Island General Hospital, stated that Ikenna was shot in both legs.
PUNCH Metro also learnt that Moses, whose corpse was deposited at Mainland Hospital, Yaba, was killed by a bullet that pierced through his neck and collar bone, and not a machete cut as claimed by the police.

When our correspondent visited the family of the two slain boys on Sunday, sympathisers were seen consoling the family.

PunchNG

When will Ngozi Braide stop lying? Haba!!!!!! Devil no even dey lie reach this level.

4 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by IAMBREEZY: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2013
Pathetic
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by koolkalm(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2013
That Ngozi Braide and her lies, her hell bent attitude to always cover corrupt practices by her colleagues in uniform should be checked.... The woman is too good looking to support evil.

2 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by kspeed(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
That's appalling to bear! D**k head nuisances. RIP to the dead...
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by xynerise: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
berem: what has agbero party got to do with the killing of the innocent boys? Na wa for you! angry

Rip to the dead.
Agbero party is bullshit. Not always organised and can lead to issues like this.

Are you an agbero? undecided

RIP to the dead
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by devigblegble: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerian police is ur [/s]friend[s] enemy

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2013
I always say this Police guys are not Happy people pls I urge Nigerians to fear d Police and bribe them if you have to cos any moment you stand and argue with a police officer holding a gun, your life is as stake as u r in a huge risk. Police is your friend as they say but just say they are all bipolar, they can bcome ur enermy the next minute.

2 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2013
Nigeria seriously needs state police.
The guy resemble agbero sha.
Anyway r.i.p
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Greaaat: 11:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Fuk the police like a nigga straight out of Compton
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by thiefnubu(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2013
nekaa: its just unfortunate that he died for nothing,...
and u commented for nothing...

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by mysticgal(f): 11:15am On Dec 23, 2013
you wanna meet the devil go to the police.there you will meet pairs and bunch of devils smh angry
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Lifebender(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
I hate NPF with passion.They are our no 1. enemy.When thieves,boko haram,cults,assassins dont kill they do.And why would a drunken police officer hold a gunLord have mercy..

3 Likes

Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 23, 2013
Chai..RIP
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Syenite(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2013
What kind of end of year night party is that sef. angry
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by Andyblaze: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2013
angry angry
Re: Drunk Policemen Kill Teenager, Other During Christmas Party (PHOTO) by watered(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2013
U go fear statement na! I see d truth in their lies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Kid Shot Dead - London No Place To Raise Your Children ? / A Witch Bird Turns Into Human Being At Cappa Oshodi / My Uncle Raped Me. How Can I Punish Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.