Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,640 members, 7,958,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

3d W.I.P Thread - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d W.I.P Thread (2782 Views)

See Incredible Photoshopped Image Of The Mavin Crew, Buhari, Banky W & Others. / Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W. / W.i.p For A 3d Illustration: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2008
Hi,

It's been a while i worked on something new, just for practice sake have decided to work on the interior of an abandoned warship my inspiration can from my visit to the Navy dockyard on V.I and a new rendering technique i learnt. I will be sharing my progress with you guys from modelling - rendering. Feel free to leave C&C.

Software: Maya
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2008
At the early stage of modeling, i started with walls representing the deck and the opening where the ladder wil lcome through.

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2008
Added ladder, pipes. trying to keep it simple.

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Whalewale(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2008
Awesome !! something new on the Graphics Section

All day i have just been reading sexuality threads,

there are 2 things i cant wait to see

1. Your new rendering technique (i hope u r not going to switch to Max in the end)
2. The Texturing---------Sincde u said its an Abandond ship, ur textures would have to be very dirty and
wuld need to have depth----------- Lets see how u will pull it off.;;;;;;;;; Good Luck
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Gamine(f): 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
@Whale

Sexuality eh?

@zPixel

hmmmmm
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by iparrot(m): 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2008
nice start, will be looking forward to this thread.

are you going to make it appear sunken? grin
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2008
@Whale

1. Your new rendering technique (i hope you're not going to switch to Max in the end)

It's strictly a Maya thing no Max

@iparrot
are you going to make it appear sunken?

if am happy with first result.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2008
Have been working on getting a realistic rusted-metal for the pipes. this is what i came up with.

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by grafikdon: 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2008
Nice metal texture. . . watch the seam though. . . it won't be noticeable if you don't plan on any close up shots. Now if you have access to BodyPaint. . . you sure are going to go crazy with the rusty/dirty texture. . . grin
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Whalewale(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2008
Thats some really rusted metal shit, Is that your only option?

Hey zpix have u hered of "Lion Of Judah"?,
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by grafikdon: 10:31am On Aug 04, 2008
Whalewale:

Hey zpix have u hered of[b] "Lion Of Judah"[/b]?,

The Animated film? Or a nickname?
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Whalewale(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2008
By the way zpix do looks like you have gotten a new places where u get your textures from

@grafikdon
The South African made Animated Film

I have the Project Details which i got from Jemit,

Download it here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6S9NF2BM,
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2008
@grafikdon
Now if you have access to BodyPaint. . . you sure are going to go crazy with the rusty/dirty texture. . . Grin
Am not really comfortable with BodyPaint.

@Whalewale

asin?
Hey zpix have u hered of "Lion Of Judah"?,

[s]Naw. am not able to download it, can you give me details on the project.[/s]
I finally got it. Its looking great, what about the video?
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by jemit(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ zPixel,
good to hear from you. would really love to see the final rendering of the warship.

whats ur opinion on the rendering capabilities of Maya?

the lion of Judah movie should be out dis august.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 5:32pm On Aug 09, 2008
sorry guys for not replying on time, i've been working on some other important stuffs.

@jemit

The only problem with maya for mental ray is the fact that they expect you to do some complex stuffs like writing of custom shaders (atleast now if you have maya 8.5 or higher there is a new shader called mia_materialx, its an all-in one shader, it works great). Besides maya for mental ray its slower compare to other renderers have tried.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2008
For the warship i camr across some reference pictures of abandoned places, i realized my model is quiet flat and empty so am planning on creating scattered debris on the floor like in the picture and improving the material for the wall.

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by iparrot(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2008
don't think your idea looks flat, all you need is to have a great texturing and lighting session and it should come out very rich in details. why don't you try look for reference of abandoned ships?
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by codename47(m): 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
been working on this bathroom scene.heres d WIP and the final output. The HDRI reflection overide didn't comeput as i wanted.
I intend to do one with a kinda dirty feel.

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by bilie: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
mean codename
u are d man mean
how i wish u can teach me
am also a v ray user but for sketch up
nice work i must confess
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by codename47(m): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
well,when u've got mentors like zpixel,gamine,artboy,whalewale,justbones and others, u cant help it.U just gats good.
And besides i'm still learning sef. Thanks anyways, thanks a lot, means a lot to me.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by mosunade(f): 9:08pm On Aug 14, 2008
stupid and ugly - looks like something taken out of a rotten pussy.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by justbones(m): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
yeah
mhuwhahhahhahahahaha

I AM A MENTOR

lol smiley

we are all mates learning from each other man
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by zPixel(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ codename47
Nice one Ooo

Well, am done with the modelling and i have my final camera veiw in place. Am going to start with the important and boring stage (uv_layout & texturing).

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Tunslike: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2008
Hi zPixel

I really believe you can achieve this, but i really pray for you at the stage, cuss i know how hard it is, esp the uv layout, but little advise, looking at your reference image, i notice that's a lot of detail in the texturing, i think you can simulation that using bump and painting the texturing in photoshop with already made grungy images.

if you need some grunge images, please feel free to contact me , i will give you free,

what about your lighting and indirect lighiting and shadow, have u consider amibient occlusion?

well, dont let me be so forward, i await your output.
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by bilie: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
cant wait for d final render
nice work man
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by iparrot(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
don't think you should have too much problems with the uvs'. most of the objects there would need planer and cylindrical mapping. Good Luck!
Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by CGKing(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2008
codename47

Your stuff is really HOT! So stuffs like this happen in Naija.
Men I dont mind you give me your Vray o. I have tried to get that thing for as long as ,
I use mental ray and I am not too thrilled

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by CGKing(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2008
zpixel, I really admire all ur work. and I am truly inspired. I wish I could get a hand from u or 2. I realy wish I could get a copy or Vray for max. Plus a little guide on how to use it. There are a couple of things I have in my basket here, you could like them. I render with mental ray but believe vray is far better. I am new in 3d and I use Maya and max. I have been able to roll a few commercials. here are a few. What do u think?

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by CGKing(m): 11:14pm On Aug 24, 2008
codename47 could you help too?

Re: 3d W.I.P Thread by Whalewale(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2008
have u stopped the WIP

(1) (Reply)

We Require 3D Animation For Our Estate Layout / How Do I Convert Vhs To Cd Or Dvd? / Father's Day Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.