Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" (24195 Views)

Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? / Demand For Padded Bras, Artificial Bums Rises / Women Are Better-Off Without Bras - Research Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by MAYOWAAK: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
Women have long been told that a good bra can help support the chest, relieve back pain and prevent sagging. However, a new 15-year French study reveals the opposite: bras do little to reduce back pain and, over time, they can actually make breasts sag even more.

Women who took off their bras for good experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year they didn’t wear a bra. Researchers also found that bra-less women developed firmer breasts and saw their stretch marks fade.

Researcher Prof. Jean-Denis Rouillon, a sports science expert from the University of Besançon in eastern France claims that “bras are a false necessity,” according to The Local.

“Medically, physiologically, anatomically – breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity,” said Rouillon. “On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra.”

Rouillon and his team spent years measuring the changes in the breasts of 330 women using a simple slide rule and caliper at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon, where he carried out his research.

He found that no evidence that bras helped ease back pain. Instead, he found that the chest supports could even add to the problem.

According to The Connexion, the findings suggest that breasts would gain more tone and support themselves if no bra was used. Researchers explain that bras limit the growth of supporting breast tissues, leaving the breast to wither and degrade more quickly.

The study found that women who took off their bras for good experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year they didn’t wear a bra. Researchers also found that bra-less women developed firmer breasts and saw their stretch marks fade.

Some of the women who took part in Rouillon’s study told France Info that not wearing a bra helped ease their back pains.

Capucine, a 28-year-old participant in Rouillon’s study, swears by the results and hasn’t worn a bra for two years.

“There are multiple benefits: I breathe more easily, I carry myself better, and I have less back pain,” Capucine said, according to France Info.

However, Rouillon says the findings do not mean all women should throw away their bras.

“It would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing their soutien-gorge as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population,” Rouillon said, according to The Connexion.

While his initial results “validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false ‘need’,” he says that women who have been wearing bras for a long time would not gain any benefit from stopping now.
http://isupportorganic..com/2013/11/15-year-study-reveals-bras-actually.html

2 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by 1stola: 12:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
I even like them without it... That button's actual size nd position...
My candid advice: babes with heavyweight, don't try Dis at....
except u'll swing it to ur back. just kidding tongue

3 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by NaLaugh: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2013
My Open letter to bosoms (na the reigning style be dat)

bosom o bosom
thou lovely bosom.
big bosom, little bosom
thou lovely bosom.
bosom o bosom
what hath man had doneth without thee
o bosom
luscious, succulent, jiggly in thy graciousness
o bosom
saggy, upright, pointy, flabby
beauty all i see
o bosom
for the rest of my days, bury my face in thee
o bosom

..signed NaLaugh cheesy

50 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thrash!!!

1 Like

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by extremelygolden: 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
Serious?
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Oyetboy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
My gf boobs stand still without it
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by FoxyFlow(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
grin grin grin

Without reading the article, I have come to the conclusion that bras actually makes breast sag angry angry angry

Why not give us a catchy title than telling us what to read before reading? undecided
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by LMAyedun(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
What are Bosoms plsssss?

1 Like

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by dapsoneh: 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
grin
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Coldfeet(f): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Tell that to gravity!!

3 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Mpetempe(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Isn't this silly?
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Bras hide nipples! That dudes dont like.

1 Like

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by papannamdi1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
This could be true, I witnessed somthin dat may validate dis survey.
I servd in benue for some time,
Now during dat period I noticed so many out of place stuffs, one of which was the size of female bosoms,
The females even teenage girls posses extreemly large breasts,
Surprisingly, these tenage girls dont wear bras, its believed that, if you wear a bra, you definitely are a married person' a teenage girl once told me..
Now that is a little funny, but to my amazement, the ladies in this rural area in benue have pointy breasts, I know dis cos d tip of the breasts is always visible after they are dressed.
Its really unbelivable buh I think its tru, they hardly wear bras, but as big as their breasts look, it is still very firm and pointy, unlike d ones I have seen before, in lagos and other neighbourin states
So I think this claim could be true.
Thank me lara.

8 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by hannne(f): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
pix or it didnt happen.i was xpecting to see a pix na.
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2013
Old and recycled news.

This was on the frontpage a couple of months back

https://www.nairaland.com/1262005/stop-wearing-bras-scientists-warn

Someone needs to buy redbull for the mod that was sleeping on a jangorover when he/she relisted this article on the fp undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by mariblizzy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
I don't like bra's at all i just put it on because it will package and set the cleavage very well, but my bossoms are still ok without bra!

2 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
mariblizzy :
I don't like bra's at all i just put it on because it will package and set the cleavage very well, but my bossoms are still ok without bra!

pix or it didnt happen angry

35 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Jensenelizz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
. grin e gud make women no dey wear bra so dat person go fit dey see d size of the button/titty,,,,,boko haram size,,osama size,,al qaeda size,,hesbollah size or even gej size grin

2 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by 9jahubcom(m): 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by DarryOsh(m): 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
GustavoFring:

dont be silly!
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by shark2last(m): 3:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Interesting!!! if only they ll hear...lol
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by papannamdi1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
mariblizzy :
*licks lips*

4 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by papannamdi1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
GustavoFring:

lol, ogbeni, u no well o
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by valdprof: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
1st ola: I even like them without it... That button.... tongue
I tire oo
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 23, 2013
They should stop wearing it sef grin cool cool cool cool.
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by valdprof: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Women have long been told that a good bra can help support the chest, relieve back pain and prevent sagging. However, a new 15-year French study reveals the opposite: bras do little to reduce back pain and, over time, they can actually make breasts sag even more.

Women who took off their bras for good experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year they didn’t wear a bra. Researchers also found that bra-less women developed firmer breasts and saw their stretch marks fade.

Researcher Prof. Jean-Denis Rouillon, a sports science expert from the University of Besançon in eastern France claims that “bras are a false necessity,” according to The Local.

“Medically, physiologically, anatomically – breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity,” said Rouillon. “On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra.”

Rouillon and his team spent years measuring the changes in the breasts of 330 women using a simple slide rule and caliper at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon, where he carried out his research.

He found that no evidence that bras helped ease back pain. Instead, he found that the chest supports could even add to the problem.

According to The Connexion, the findings suggest that breasts would gain more tone and support themselves if no bra was used. Researchers explain that bras limit the growth of supporting breast tissues, leaving the breast to wither and degrade more quickly.

The study found that women who took off their bras for good experienced a 7mm lift in their nipples each year they didn’t wear a bra. Researchers also found that bra-less women developed firmer breasts and saw their stretch marks fade.

Some of the women who took part in Rouillon’s study told France Info that not wearing a bra helped ease their back pains.

Capucine, a 28-year-old participant in Rouillon’s study, swears by the results and hasn’t worn a bra for two years.

“There are multiple benefits: I breathe more easily, I carry myself better, and I have less back pain,” Capucine said, according to France Info.

However, Rouillon says the findings do not mean all women should throw away their bras.

“It would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing their soutien-gorge as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population,” Rouillon said, according to The Connexion.

While his initial results “validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false ‘need’,” he says that women who have been wearing bras for a long time would not gain any benefit from stopping now.
http://isupportorganic..com/2013/11/15-year-study-reveals-bras-actually.html
a pic or doesnt happen
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by haysal(m): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
But wait ooo....DAT Prot rouillon and his team badt ooo..His hand on 330 female bosoms of different size shape and design for years....Prof ,I hail thee!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by SoloAtna(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Jensen_elizz: . grin e gud make women no dey wear bra so dat person go fit dey see d size of the button/titty,,,,,boko haram size,,osama size,,al qaeda size,,hesbollah size or even gej size grin
i will love to see A.P.C size
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by SoloAtna(m): 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
What are Bosoms plsssss?
na new Nokia smartphone

7 Likes

Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Jensenelizz(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Solo Atna: na new Nokia smartphone
perfect reply grin
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by Dscope: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
1st ola: I even like them without it... That button.... tongue
dude! U mean d POWER button?
Re: Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" by nawtikid(m): 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
valdprof: a pic or doesnt happen
wetin dey wori u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar On The Cover Of Sex Magazine / Tiana Uche Michael Crowned Queen Of South East Nigeria Pageant Winner / Download Video: How To Do A Proper Eyebrow Fill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.