Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) (24154 Views)

Toothpaste Can Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight. / Foods That Cause Acne/pimples - Must Avoid List / What Fashion Do You Want To See Go Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by gratiaeo(m): 3:04pm On May 24, 2013
I have suffered from pimple for more than 15 years. It started when i was in secondary school (16yrs then) I used to get small spots but now I seem to get large bumps (mostly on my forehead and cheeks)

Sometimes they are like large hard bumps they stay on my face for weeks. It has become continuous when one goes another will appear.
I have tried almost every cream but none seem to work.
Now that I'm 30 i hoped that my pimples will be on his way out but it refuses
I'm tired of this sickness....
Matured advice please
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 24, 2013
Hello my dear, most times d tins we need re just on our hands n corridors, click on my blog below n go read somethings abouh acne(pimples)
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by nanidee(f): 4:16pm On May 24, 2013
I know what you mean!

Go to a dermatologist and ask to be put on accutane. I assure you that in less than 1 month, you would not believe the difference in your skin.

Accutane is like the final remedy to acne, and it is very strong. However, it comes with its own side effects, and has to be prescribed.

Try it, then thank me later!
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by gratiaeo(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2013
Raymondenyi: Hello my dear, most times d tins we need re just on our hands n corridors, click on my blog below n go read somethings abouh acne(pimples)
Waiting you de smoke? I de talk about pimples and you are talking another thing unrelated to the topic
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by gratiaeo(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2013
@mod please move this thread to fp, i need matured advice
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 24, 2013
gratiaeo:
Waiting you de smoke? I de talk about pimples and you are talking another thing unrelated to the topic
I don't blame u, I blame myself for ever, clicking on this thread, talkless of commenting !
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by Ruthnkem(f): 8:45pm On May 24, 2013
Try clin cap tube cream
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by uzoo: 12:08am On May 25, 2013
'@gratiaeo

your problem is not unique , i used to have serious acne but for the past two years i have been using neutrogena products , it has really varnished.

if you are really prepared to get rid of acne then you should be prepared to have regular facial routine at home..i keep saying this because every woman,girl should have a routine from the moment you hit puberty and it shouldnt stop at just changing your sanitory towel.

Here's what you should do and try to get a range of these Neutrogena acne treatments, and its quite affordable too.

1. Scrub your face 2 to 3 times a week (preferably at night), then use your shower gel,soap, ccream whateveer you use in bathing and then wash off. i will recommend here ...St Ives Apricot scrub (the one that says blemish and black head control)

2. then get the NEUTROGENA ACNE CONTROL CLEANSER apply with a cotton wool,(you can use this after washing your face at night to remove any make up or oily residue)

3 . You can also get the Neutrogena Anti Blemish ,Anti wrinkle facial wash ( it washes off make up with out drying your face)

then finally this is the real deal ... and for some reason this product has been out of the stores for quite some time

whether you do carry on the routine above or not try using NEAUTROGENA CLEAR SKIN CREAM (ANTI BLEMISH AND ANTI WRINKLE CREAM ) it contains salycilic acid and retinol which is a pure form of vitamin A in treating acne.
But i will advice that your face is thoroughly cleaned when using this product, and should be followed by a sunblock if you apply it during the day or morning before leaving the house. i use Neutrogena helioplex sunblock with spf 55
try as much as possible to stick to one product and not change frequently.

WARNING ! do not mix the cream with any other cream or apply any steroids or cream with hyddroquinone on it . You can apply a mild moisturizer or just the sun block

Also ,try changing your pillow covers at least 3 times a week , a lot of germs and junk from our hair are buried in them and at night they tend to find their way to the skin on your face ,causing blemishes.

i hope this helps

5 Likes

Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by kween01: 8:56am On May 25, 2013
We shared d same story until I was told about Ketoconazole last year, d story has changed, in one week u will see diff , afterwards u can do facials, but u don't av to spend fortune to get rid of acne. let me know if u av any question in line with what i've said.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by nanidee(f): 10:34pm On May 25, 2013
why was my post hidden I offered valuable advice to the OP on the best solution that even helped me?
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by sima(f): 6:04am On May 26, 2013
Get on Birth Control pills.... Yaz works like magic tongue
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by abisolaarshow(f): 5:22pm On May 26, 2013
I also had same issue, tried a lot of things but natural remedy works for me but u need to be careful cos skin types vary. I wash my face before going to bed then put a little lemon juice on cotton pad, apply on the face and wash face again after 15 to 30 mins depending on ur skin type. Then then I apply any anti fungal & bacterial cream, I use skineal. NB: consistency matters for total eradication & u also need to be careful with the lime/lemon juice if u av a very sensitive skin.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:31am On May 27, 2013
Use amos white tube,its in a blue and white pack.just 300naira
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:07pm On May 27, 2013
I suggest you stop or atmost reduce your consumption of dairy products. If you want to take any, take yoghurt since it is fermented milk.

For your health, dairy products esp milk isn't good for the prostate as you advance in age. It causes the prostate to enlarge thus causing infection and cancer(prostate cancer).

In addition, reduce your fatty food intake. Pimples is causing by excess oil trapped in the top layer of the skin.

If you're one of those who like to burst it open instead of allowing it to burst on it own, please stop. This is what causes blackhead (dark spot on your face), which can be removed anyway.

When I wanted to get rid of the tiny dots on my face, I used milk+honey+lime(lemon can be used too), it works but slowly. I used mine 3 times in a week because I want to see result on time, which was until the 5th day.

Now, I'm using Vitamin C tablets crushed into powder. I dissolve it into paste and apply it on the few ones that crop up every now and then.

I'm not really a product junkie; if I want to exfoliate, I can also use the pulverised Vitamin c since it contains ascorbic acid, which can remove the dead skin at the top skin layer. I moisturise at times with honey, shea butter and olive oil is my everyday rubbing cream.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by kandiikane(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2013
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:49pm On May 27, 2013
Kandiikane: ^why all that hassle of crushing vit c?
It's not effective without L'ascorbic Acid.
If you want to use vit c topically, you
need to buy the serum with L'ascorbic
acid for your face.

Kandiikane, sorry babe but I already saw your comment before you edited it.

I like it like that oh. The one I use has ascorbic acid and it's been effective for me. Like I said, I'm not a product junkie.

Also I read that the ones in tube isn't as effective as the one in tablets when used.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by kandiikane(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2013
^pardon me. I meant instead of crushing it get the serum with vitamin e and ferulic acid for the face. It's more effective than crushing pills.

The pill is ingested whilst the serum is directly applied to the skin. I mean...c'mon. Both are effective if used together but if she wants to just use one that can help with her face. The serum is the best.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 28, 2013
Visit a Dermatologist. Good luck.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by princessmay(f): 1:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Use neutrogena facial bar,its a transparent soap for pimples,its very good.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by homesodear: 6:16am On Aug 20, 2014
gratiaeo: I have suffered from pimple for more than 15 years. It started when i was in secondary school (16yrs then) I used to get small spots but now I seem to get large bumps (mostly on my forehead and cheeks)

Sometimes they are like large hard bumps they stay on my face for weeks. It has become continuous when one goes another will appear.
Matured advice please

Most of us are exposed to sunlight everyday regardless whether we are indoors or outdoors. If we take no proactive action, our skin will absorb excessive ultraviolet rays, causing the formation and accumulation of melanin, then the appearance of dark spots and dull skin. Even the best of soaps/bath gels can leave behind invisible traces of dirt, makeup and pollution on your face, which ultimately blocks absorption of lotion and encourage bacterial growth. Without cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing regularly, your skin will eventually become loose, tired, dull and probably scarred by acne/blackheads. Thus, sun protection and healthy skin measures are required for our skin.

Products I’ll recommend are natural, and contains up to 30% to 99.9% of fresh and pure aloe vera pulp, a powerful weapon. These products are certified from the International Aloe Science Council on the pack. Such products represents truth in labeling on the products, represents the quality of the Aloe content in the products, represents the quality of the Aloe used in the products and, that the Aloe used in the products come from a certified source, to make you look effortlessly fresh.

Kindly call or whatsapp 08034917464 or 08083767721 to know more on what natural products to use and how to use them. The skin care line is made with NATURAL and NON SYNTHETIC ingredients, But do remember that to achieve long lasting results using these products will require real PATIENCE. Miracles don't happen on the skin, but knowledge, persistence and patient will work miracles.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by raph30(m): 2:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Guy you don't v any problEm,just log iN to Google tEll u how it will go.
Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by sirculynz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
Is urs worse?

Re: My Pimples Just Refuse To Go Away (advice Please) by sopretty: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
gratiaeo:
I have suffered from pimple for more than 15 years. It started when i was in secondary school (16yrs then) I used to get small spots but now I seem to get large bumps (mostly on my forehead and cheeks)

Matured advice please

U can get sopretty pimples eradicator kit, our face kit will not only dry up your pimples but also it will erase every trace of it leaving ur face as soft and smooth as that of a new born baby within 2 weeks your pimples will vanish and will never return, the face kit contains face scrub, face cleanser and face cream, call or whatsapp now to get urs 09024838720

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Foundation Emerges Miss Charity Ambassador 2015/ 2016 / Girls Do You Shave Your Legs / Dressing Tips For Different Female Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.