Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas (564 Views)

Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! / Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas by packman: 4:53am On Dec 24, 2013
I am always surprise when people say dey are going to their remote village to celebrate Christmas it keeps me wondering with this thoughts and questions stuck in my head

how on earth would the groove and fun on Christmas in d big large city be same with the remote village

why can't I invite the so called loved ones to the city to come and enjoy the fun and groove of the city rather than risking my life and exhausting my money to get a nonstandard fun

and lastly what on earth is so special about the remote village for you to transport your whole family there for Christmas

please need a more accurate reply our Igbo brother's
Re: Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas by slap1(m): 6:03am On Dec 24, 2013
DK
Re: Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas by emperorchedda(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
I myself keep wondering, where one celebrates d xmas do not matter as far as I'm concerned. Whatever you do in your village u can do it in the town, u can invite ur old folks from the villages as well... I'm sure its gonna be more interesting in the town than in a remote location that seldom have some modern facilities
Re: Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas by SupermodelVicky(f): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Village is a place where most family members return to during xmas.So u get 2c ur relations&grannies whom u havn't seen al year long or there abt.

Also,d u run away frm d crazy city hustling cos village is usually calm.
Re: Why Do People Travel To Their Village For Xmas by Eragablessen(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2013
Some folks loves to drink, party, womanize and in general have fun.
Xmas have been abused in this way.
it wonders me alot.

op, your question is in my mouth aswell.....!!!

(1) (Reply)

Launching Of 64-page Nigeria Passport. / Travelling To Ghana / What Are My Sister's Chance Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.