Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) (2082 Views)

***RESTORED***...STOLEN CREATED M7, NOKIA 202, ROMOSS SENSE4 PB, VISA CARD E.T.C / How To Open A USA Bank Account With ATM VISA Card Included From Nigeria. / Generate A Visa Card Account With Graphcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by olatpic(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
UBA and GTP, please pay me my money!

My challenge is that I have 2 pending transaction (withdrawal) of over $500 from an online merchant (www.solidtrustpay.com) based in canada to the VISA card since November and December 2012 and up till now the money has not been credited into my UBA Africard Visa Card account.

The excuse the bank (UBA) staffs gave me initially was that the card cannot receive fund and to which I showed them proof (evidence) that I had received fund into the same card from the same merchant on a previous occasion (September 2012) and which was successful as this can be seen in my account statement.

Its over 12months (one full year) now that the fund ($500+) I transfered from my STP account (www.solidtrustpay.com) into my UBA (VISA CARD) Africard has not been credited into my Card account.
I have called the customer care line severally, even visited my branch and the Head Office @ Marina all to no avail; all you people do is to keep pushing me back and forth each time (because of my SWEAT).

In August 2013 (after eight months of waiting), I met with the Operations Manager of my branch (he queried why I had waited so long to report the issue and I immediately pointed to him every step I had taken in the last 8months).

He promised to look into the issue and said that there are two options:
- To Load the funds onto my card or

- That the fund be reversed back to the merchant if it cannot be loaded onto my card.

But as at today (24.12.2013) UBA is yet to resolve this issue.

This is not how to treat a customer o.

All am asking for right now is that UBA loads the fund into my Visa card or reverse the transaction to my STP account. Either way I can have access to my money.

NB: My fellow NL, please share your experience with us if you have encountered such with UBA or other Banks. Let us know how you were able to resolve the issue. Thanks
Re: An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by adezjamz(m): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmmmmm, truly too big to fall grin

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by olatpic(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
adezjamz: Hmmmmmm, truly too big to fall grin

What else will I call this..holding my money for a whole year!

It's really pathetic and frustrating.
Re: An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by wolero7(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
I heard aFricard visa card is good. Am planning on getting one though not a Fan oF uba. But For a transaction to stall For one year? IF its true, that's not good at all. Hope you can get people to point you in the right direction here.
Re: An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by olatpic(m): 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
wolero7: I heard aFricard visa card is good. Am planning on getting one though not a Fan oF uba. But For a transaction to stall For one year? IF its true, that's not good at all. Hope you can get people to point you in the right direction here.

I hope so too, infact that's one of the reasons I have posted this here and also for others to learn from my predicament.
Re: An Open Letter To UBA (beware Of UBA Africard Visa Card Scam) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2013
and I was thinking of getting a uba account.

(1) (Reply)

30 Piece Of Dell Mini US Direct Used With Pic / Buy Mtn Data At Affordable Prices. 1gb For N1200 / Cheapest offer-#23000-Uk Used Red Colour Htc M8 For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.