Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... (3027 Views)

The Promise and other short stories. / E. Fantasy(short Stories) / The Ultimatum And Other Short Stories By Stallion Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Hey pals,

well this is quite short, I actually published this as an article on my blog weeks ago but just thought of bringing it here as a story.

Don't just read, drop your comments and thoughts..

Xoxo!
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by D9ty7(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2013
Bring it on, am waiting.
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
I sat on the chair near the pharmacognosy laboratory, the lab report was to be submitted tomorrow morning before 8am. I still had other assignments to take care of so i had to finish the lab report before heading back to the hostel.

Just then i heard voices, i looked up to see some of my coursemates.
Yinka snatched my pen from me, the guy was full of trouble. Despite the fact that he was the class representative, he was still a handful.

I hissed and snapped at him, “Give me the pen, i have a lot of work to do.”
“Just leave that one first and listen to what Yinka has to say,” Keji said.

I wondered what was up.
“Yinka, oyaaa talk.”
Yinka stood and adjusted his collar, the guy was full of drama.

He cleared his throat before saying, “Well, the department of Anatomy has asked all students to pay the sum of ₦3000 on or before next week wednesday. Those who do not pay won’t be allowed to participate in the incourse slated for nextweek friday.”

“What?” I asked, “I mean, what is the money for?”
Blessing who had been quiet all the while finally spoke, “Wo, o ti sun mi(See, I’m tired), after we’ve payed for all the necessary registration, they still come up with another textbook for sale.”

I packed my lab manual and my jotter into my bag. We decided to walk towards the hostel while discussing on the ₦3000 fee.

When i got to my room, my roommates Kaka, Ruth and Ebube were discussing on the anatomy levy. Ruth brought out her phone and made a call, i didn’t know who she was calling until she spoke.

“Hello Dad,” a pause.
“We have a test nextweek, and there is a textbook we have to buy before then.”
“We just got notified today Dad”
She laughed and continued,

“That’s my sweet daddy, Its ₦10,500.” She said while checking out her fingernails.
When Ruth was done with her call, the girls giggled and teased her. Apparently, they had called their parents before I came in, i just didn’t understand the whole idea.

“Hey girls,” I said.
They gave me a look that shot bullets.
“Chill now, I only wanted to ask a question.”

The girls always felt I was bad-luck to them, why would a First-class Nerd be their room-mate.
“Uhm, why do you people have fun stealing from your parents.”

Ebube looked at me as though I had gone mad.
“We don’t steal, we ask and they give us,” she replied.

“But you lie to them.” I countered.
“Wait, so you’re trying to imply that we steal and lie to them. We are simply spending their money, grow up Geek.”
They all laughed.

“And besides,” Ebube continued, “If we don’t steal from them, who will?”

—————————

The story above is a typical scenario among teenagers and youths, many don’t see the big deal in it.

“Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression; the same is the companion of a destroyer.”

This was what I came across while reading my Bible some days ago. ‘Prov 28: 24′. So you stealing from your parents or ‘taking’ from them isn’t right. You are similar to a destroyer and you can destroy your parents(You don’t want that, do you?)

Moreover, what you sow is what you reap, so the next time you decide to ‘take’ extra from your parents. Bear in mind that your children will do the same to you.

Take Care.

#LetsGetInspired.
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2013
Too short uhn?

Don't mind me, it was actually an inspirational article on my blog. You can pick the lessons out of the story but for me it ends here.

If you want to read something longer, check my sig and read the series there.

Make una no vex.
smileycheesy

but drop your comments ooooo
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by slimthugchimee(m): 8:04pm On Dec 25, 2013
Bia oga were the rest dey come post something or it will mean i wasted 3mins of my toime reading it
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by slimthugchimee(m): 8:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
You just made me waist 3mins of my time reading this rubbish(angry) were the Bleep is my gun i will kill this guy how there him do this to me ooooo u are dead
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by sowprice(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
slimthugchimee: You just made me waist 3mins of my time reading this rubbish(angry) were the Bleep is my gun i will kill this guy how there him do this to me ooooo u are dead
#hahahaha gentle man i guess d Op is a female species cuz dia is an f tagd 2 de name# and beside dnt try dat @ hme.skul or anywia tongue
slimthugchimee: You just
made me waist 3mins of my time reading this rubbish(angry) were the Bleep is my gun i will kill this guy how there him do this to me ooooo u are dead
#hahahaha gentle man i guess d Op is a female species cuz dia is an f tagd 2 de name# and beside dnt try dat @ hme.skul or anywia
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
slimthugchimee: You just made me waist 3mins of my time reading this rubbish(angry) were the Bleep is my gun i will kill this guy how there him do this to me ooooo u are dead

Chai!
I don offend...bros calm down, no vex!
And I'm a girl...

D moral lesson is simple: what u sow you'll reap, so don't dupe(or do any bad thing to) others(not just ur parents) so u won't be treated likewise.

#CaseClosed
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 8:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
#hahahaha gentle man i guess d Op is a female species cuz dia is an f tagd 2 de name# and beside dnt try dat @ hme.skul or anywia tongue#hahahaha gentle man i guess d Op is a female species cuz dia is an f tagd 2 de name# and beside dnt try dat @ hme.skul or anywia

tnks jaweee
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by sowprice(m): 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2013
well i wud say dei dd nt steal but dey tactically colectd wat belongz 2 d minis†ry ..hahaha
#**★TeamGordons comedy clinik**★#
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by sowprice(m): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
stefikal:

Chai!
I don offend...bros calm down, no vex!
And I'm a girl...

D moral lesson is simple: what u sow you'll reap, so don't dupe(or do any bad thing to) others(not just ur parents) so u won't be treated likewise

#CaseClosed
GBAAAAMMM!!!!!¡¡¡¡!!!!
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
well i wud say dei dd nt steal but dey tactically colectd wat belongz 2 d minis†ry ..hahaha
#**★TeamGordons comedy clinik**★#

really?shocked
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by dammygoody(m): 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
GOOD!!!!I actually wanted to suggest bringing it here when I read it on your blog but here you are............ I also want to suggest a piece on "Principle for the week" or on any of the short inspirational sections in your blog............I might PM you tomorrow,is that ok by you?
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by Sagytarius(m): 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2013
The story was quite short that I finished reading it before I finished munching my guguru and zobo.

All the same, the story was interesting.
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by walewunmi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Dats nt stealing joor ow kan u call dat one stealing (ahan dats na understatement) dis wat we call a professional robbery at an higher scale lool grin bt honestly I totally agree wit u *wat one does 2day 2wice wud be done one 2moro*
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
dammygoody: GOOD!!!!I actually wanted to suggest bringing it here when I read it on your blog but here you are............ I also want to suggest a piece on "Principle for the week" or on any of the short inspirational sections in your blog............I might PM you tomorrow,is that ok by you?

tnks...u can PM me anytym..its nothing
Sagytarius: The story was quite short that I finished reading it before I finished munching my guguru and zobo.

All the same, the story was interesting.

lolzzz...d story sef na pretty dwarf...d remaining guguru and zobo use am 4 my blog or my oda story nowwink or beta still share
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by Sagytarius(m): 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2013
Buh, on a more serious note, will those girls invest the excess N7500; or will it be channeled to fixing nails talons and Venezuelan hairs? undecided
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2013
walewunmi: Dats nt stealing joor ow kan u call dat one stealing (ahan dats na understatement) dis wat we call a professional robbery at an higher scale lool grin bt honestly I totally agree wit u *wat one does 2day 2wice wud be done one 2moro*

lolzzz...u got me until I saw 'understatement'

we reap what we sow oooo

1 Like

Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by Sagytarius(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2013
stefikal:
lolzzz...d story sef na pretty dwarf...d remaining guguru and zobo use am 4 my blog or my oda story nowwink or beta still share
Oya tek am naa. I nor fi' finish am...
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
Sagytarius: Buh, on a more serious note, will those girls invest the excess N7500; or will it be channeled to fixing nails talons and Venezuelan hairs? undecided

wait lemme ask Ifatongue
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2013
[size=15pt]WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE?[/size]

Ifechi watched as the young man walking in front of her dipped his hand into his pocket to get his phone, in the process a note fell.

She did not bother to call him, she walked further and discovered it was a ₦200 note, she looked around and picked the money quickly. It wasn’t her first time taking people things, the guy would probably not notice that the money was missing.

Vincent got to the bus park, he had woken up and not anticipated having a bad day,but today had topped the chart of bad days he had experienced.

He had received a call that his mother was sick, while heading to work very early that morning, he had misplaced his wallet which contained his money, ATM cards, ID cards and other important documents.

His co-worker Jide had helped him with lunch and ₦200 to transport him back home. He stood and was waiting for a bus heading to Aguda. The other conductors were demanding ₦200 but he planned to pay ₦150, the ₦50 might come in handy later, even though he had little cash at home, he couldn’t afford any luxury now.

Luckily a bus came and the fare was exactly his wish. He sat in the bus amidst other passengers who got in as well.

“Your money there?”, the conductor collected his money from the passengers and hissed silently when he got to Vincent.

The look he saw on the guy’s face wasn’t something he needed, he was tired of these people who boarded buses and came up with a silly lie not to pay.

“Oga, your money?”
Vincent was dumbstruck, he had kept the money in his pocket after he received it from Jide. How would he explain to the angry-faced conductor?

“Oga, answer me now, if you no wan pay me,just come down now.”
“No vex, I be put the money for my pocket, I no see am again.”
The conductor hissed out loud, “Oga, come down jaweeee.”

—————

Amina walked into her room, she met Tinu watching a movie on her laptop.

“Hello, Tinu,” she greeted.
“Welcome,” the reply was a non-chalant one.

Amina was not in the mood to get in a fight, Tinu was always out for touble, the last thing she needed was to get in a fight. She needed to call her uncle, and inform him that his wife had been hospitalised.

She was broke and had no call credit on her phone.
“Tinu, please do you have airtime?”
Tinu gave her a look that could kill.

“What happen?”
“Uhm, please could you allow me make use of it, just one minute?”
“I can’t because I don’t have, even if i have i won’t give you.” Tinu finally replied.

—————-

Joyce mother was sad, ever since her daughter came home for her holidays, the girl had hardly spent time at home. Joyce did not help out with house work, she just went out early and got back late.

She did not want to be a kill joy, but she wished her daughter would just give a little of her time to spend with her family.

*sighs*

Ifechi, Tinu, Joyce, what did they all do wrong? They did not give when they could have.

Many a times in life, we are presented with opportunities to put smiles on the faces of people, but we choose rather to pass on such opportunites, which is very wrong.

Poor Vincent, all the trouble he went through in a day could have been less if Ifechi had called him to pick his money, she could have given her love, care and attention to a stranger in distress.

Inasmuch as we cannot tell if Tinu had airtime on her phone but her statement: ‘If I have, I won’t give you’ is a harsh statement that must have hurt the recipient Aminat.

Joyce could have given her love to her mum and her family but ignorantly spends more time with her friends.

Helping others doesn’t have to be just in monetary matters, you could be putting a smile on that person besides you by just speaking sweet words to them, or just showing them that you care.

The little things we think do not count actually count the most, so these week, take the challenge of putting smiles on the faces of as many whom you come across.

I hope I have been able to get you to smile.

Visit my blog for more...on my signaturesmiley

2 Likes

Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by repogirl(f): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2013
I write in reply of the first article on stealing from one's parents..... If you call that stealing then I was a chief armed robber..... As per bad geh that time. I used to add so much to my fees and other payments that I had enough money to invest in shares...lool. I was a bigs geh in skl.

I knew my father could afford it sha and the guy was a bit frugal with my allowance but if I knew then what I know now, I wldnt have taxed him that much.... Maybe smaller amounts grin.

I like what you are doing here a lot, giving people a rethink with these short tales, its great. Keep up the good work.
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2013
repogirl: I write in reply of the first article on stealing from one's parents..... If you call that stealing then I was a chief armed robber..... As per bad geh that time. I used to add so much to my fees and other payments that I had enough money to invest in shares...lool. I was a bigs geh in skl.

I knew my father could afford it sha and the guy was a bit frugal with my allowance but if I knew then what I know now, I wldnt have taxed him that much.... Maybe smaller amounts grin.

I like what you are doing here a lot, giving people a rethink with these short tales, its great. Keep up the good work.

lolzzz...
Thanks
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by walewunmi(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2013
Hmmmmn stef u got a lot up ur sleeves dan I could possibly imagine...nice work sis!
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
walewunmi: Hmmmmn stef u got a lot up ur sleeves dan I could possibly imagine...nice work sis!

tnks...*I'm humbled*
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
So I try to resist it but the idea keeps knocking, and as such I'm pleading, please do not unfollow this thread yet.

I might just yield to this urge and write a short story, its going to be longer than the previous ones I posted. Howbeit, it will still qualify as a short story.

I am yet to draft anything, the ideas have just been coming. I pray things work out fine and I start it soon.

Keep it lockedwink

Stephanie.
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by noble4d(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
nyc stories
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
noble4d: nyc stories

thankssmiley
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by sowprice(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
##clears throat%% mak i sitdown well well
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by stefikal(f): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
##clears throat%% mak i sitdown well well

If you dey seat well, remember I'm still working on it ooo...
Don't even have a title yet
Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by dammygoody(m): 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Never mind,we are solidly behind you always............

1 Like

Re: I Stole From My Dad, So What? (A Short Story) and other short stories... by adegwurulez(m): 10:00am On Dec 30, 2013
stefikal: So I try to resist it but the idea keeps knocking, and as such I'm pleading, please do not unfollow this thread yet.

I might just yield to this urge and write a short story, its going to be longer than the previous ones I posted. Howbeit, it will still qualify as a short story.

I am yet to draft anything, the ideas have just been coming. I pray things work out fine and I start it soon.

Keep it lockedwink

Stephanie.
okay, we're waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complete And Intresting Stories / Diary Of A University Boy: Season 1 Episode 1 / Ozidi By J.p Clarke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.