Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Electricity Cycle. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Electricity Cycle. (3429 Views)

Made-In-Akwa Ibom Electricity Meters Hit Market In March (photo) / Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System / Cost Of Different Sources Of Electricity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Electricity Cycle. by Harahmedey: 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2008
I'm an undergraduate and don't kno much about the technology of electricity and how it works, but i kno well that electric current can be generated by using solar cells and also the use of magnetic coils(dynamo).
Electricity had been one of the major problem with this country and as a result of that different individuals av taken different measures in solving their electric power problems. One of the commonest is the use of generators which is vastly emerging to be an essential gadget in most nigerian homes. I personally wouldn't recommend this as a good step since we all kno that our precious ozone layer is depleting rapidly due to lots of gases given out as waste by many engines of which the generators we use at home is among them.
I'l like to implore all those that are involved in any area technology and those with good creativity to let us reason together and look into other means of generating power.
Re: The Electricity Cycle. by PoDeep(m): 7:37am On Aug 08, 2008
There's the inverter in use now. . .
Re: The Electricity Cycle. by salinson: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2008
[color=#550000][/color]If almost all Nigerian can reason the way this poster reason, Problem in Nigeria will reduce.
my request is that the little i know i will add and i know that there some professionals in this forum that can make every thing to be done
Re: The Electricity Cycle. by timbabng(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
knowing is not the problem, acting on what we know is
Re: The Electricity Cycle. by Rotime1(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2010
our problem in this great country is not the knowledge or the technical know-how, but corruptions by the demons we have as the leaders. the most economical and maintainable power generation systems are the hydro and gas. we have them much more in abundance. you know what? even with the present degeneration being experienced in the power sector, we still supply uninterrupted power to outside countries. recently, a state had linked up their power grid to that of cameroon. what a shame! as long as we have some people still living in nigeria, it is very difficult to find the way out.

(1) (Reply)

Customize Anything You Want To / Four Female Insects That Kill Their Mate After Intercourse / Shocking ! Mango With Human Face.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.