Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way (1064 Views)

Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Why Is Arsenal Not Playing On Boxing Day Fixture? / Cycling Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hi, just felt i should share some of my photos taken on the 26th December 2013...Boxing day. So while many were unwrapping their gifts, i decided to unwrap what the Lagos 3rd mainland bridge holds on a rare day...with less traffic and better views. Come along with me
Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
Okay so i start off from the Iwaya-Makoko area of the mainland. So i decided to take a photograph of what the area looks like on a non-busy day

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
And so in about 15 mins time i get to the popular section where the roads split into two: the left going to Oworonshoki and the right going to the island. Sorry about the unclear direction post. The photo was blurred by the rising sun but sure peeps should be familiar with the boards. The left reads Oworonshoki while the right reads Lagos

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
I also tried to imagine what could be going on down the bridge and so i peeped down below. The outlook was quite calm...with the usual floating logs and a dearth of the usual boisterous activities if you know what i mean. "Shitting" dudes and foggy smokes everywhere. This was quite a calm after christmas day

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Here is a second photo of down below the 3rd mainland bridge

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
And so after riding for the short distance of about 10 mins i came across this interesting man who tried to impress me chattering what was supposed to be his best put up grammar stance. He was merry for the while and i could see why. he just made the day's catch and was busy picking the fish off the net...this is not the kind of catch you make when the fishes should be busy down below unwrapping their gifts too grin grin

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
A second photo of the fisherman

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
And just in case you are wondering what the Oceanscape was like. Find the awe

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
And so my fisherman friend volunteers to take me a photograph and so i pose for him. Here is the nairaland cyclist behind journey cool

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
And a glimpse of the bicycle ferrying me all the way. I shouldnt be selfish you know tongue

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
VI...Left lane; IKOYI...Middle lane; and ADENIJI/IDUMAGBO...Right lane. Notice the million of refreshing bubbles Star billboard on the right? At times like this you get tempted to grab that off the board. I do not take alcohol but when riding like this every liquid might be envied to quench your thirst. But luckily, i got my water bottle so i dont need to grab the million bubbles kiss

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
VI...IKOYI...SIMPSON STREET. That is the next traffic post

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
Want to see what is off the bridge? Well not too palatable; quite an eyesore embarassed Inspite of Tunde Fashola's drive and campaigns, so many people still frustrate his efforts, dump items into the canals and leave him to worry; yet the vermin and diseases pounce back on us all. Keep Lagos clean guys. One love

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2013
And so after riding for some minutes, i begin to approach the popular Obalende on Lagos Island. I tried to take some photos at Obalende but some fierce looking policeman would not let me do that. Notice the maintenance worker on the highway? These people risk their lives everyday to give us a cleaner environment. 2 gbosas to these risk takers and 1 gbosa for the governor. Dont mistake me...i am not partisan. Just need to say good when i see one. tongue

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obalende here i come

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ministry of Communications. I do not know if this is the new or old one though undecided

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
Still Obalende. If you are familiar with this spot you will angry that there was virtually no traffic smiley

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
And then i get to the Gregory road area where i could not get a vantage position to take a good shot due to the fierce looking guys in uniform grin

Re: Keeping Fit On Boxing Day...the Cycling Way by letustalk(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
And so i decided to make a turn at Obalende and begin my journey back to the mainland. And i get to this rare spot which many might not know but sure exists. I see the sculptures but usually i wonder where the sculptor is gone too. So no harassment in the way, i get a field day taking photographs of his works grin

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal To Sign Marco Reus / World Juniors Fall-out: How Athletics Officials Planned To Fail / Why Is Henry Beefing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.