Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... (952 Views)

Crowd At First Bank Ikorodu Branch This Morning (photos) / Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Internet Business Discussion Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
Crowdsourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding Towards Creating businesses that are profitable and can scale through franchising and/ or venture capital intervention.

This is a continuation from an earlier thread i begun mid of this year where we were looking into the pros and cons of crowdfunding. Over the past few months i have partnered with people from Nairaland and we have formed a company and have continued to work on developing the company and its web application as we are scheduled to launch on the first quarter of 2014.

I would like to talk on the above topic, and through my discussion i hope to find people of like like minds that would like to be part of the creation, launch and sustenance of such a platform.

We would be talking on everything from the legal, the benefits, the problems that can arise, structure and the overall implication for Nigeria.
This is not a new concept, but in Nigeria it is and we plan to be pioneers here.

Lets begin.
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by cbrass(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ok up with Bro..looks interesting to me
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by Sunglow: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm......
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Thank you.

I would be continuing this discussion later today or tomorrow.

Cheers!
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2013
Firstly i was interested in crowd funding, the idea that a couple of strangers can decide to collectively fund a business. The apolitical and non-bureaucratic nature of such a funding system means the merit of an idea/business would be the only thing that would count. Something i found very interesting.

But in my research i found out something, funding a business can never be enough, more has to be put in place for success, and the successes of the businesses such a platform helps facilitate funds is the success of the platform.
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2013
It cannot be enough for such a platform to generate revenue through charging a fee or earning a percentage of monies raised. Such a platform, especially in Nigeria may have to aim higher as one of its major goals in the short term should be government participation.

The problem with the idea is the merit of the idea, it forces the people to become independent, and most likely successfully so. This is not always a good thing. I would not go into details yet of why a government partnership is key.
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2013
So, a generic crowd funding company is not what is best suited for our terrain not just because we are a paranoid people with an extensive history and present of scammers/scamming hence people would not be inclined to be part of a business simply because of its nice presentation online (www.kickstarter.com), but because the best way to cross the bridge between those that HAVE and those that CAN would be to engage neutral parties in the development and staffing, not just online, but physically.
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by charcoalblaq(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year!

We would continue this discussion soonest.
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by cbrass(m): 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2014
charcoalblaq: Happy New Year!

We would continue this discussion soonest.

wishing you thesame
Re: Crowd Sourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding. Discussion Here... by PeeCal: 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
charcoalblaq: Crowdsourcing Business Development, Staffing & Funding Towards Creating businesses that are profitable and can scale through franchising and/ or venture capital intervention.
This is a continuation from an earlier thread i begun mid of this year where we were looking into the pros and cons of crowdfunding. Over the past few months i have partnered with people from Nairaland and we have formed a company and have continued to work on developing the company and its web application as we are scheduled to launch on the first quarter of 2014.
I would like to talk on the above topic, and through my discussion i hope to find people of like like minds that would like to be part of the creation, launch and sustenance of such a platform.
We would be talking on everything from the legal, the benefits, the problems that can arise, structure and the overall implication for Nigeria.
This is not a new concept, but in Nigeria it is and we plan to be pioneers here.
Lets begin.
Hello charcoalblaq, nice thread here. Running something similar in the UK and looking at getting into the Nigerian market. Would be nice to talk. Kindly email me so we can take things up from there: paschal@elaunchr.com.

(1) (Reply)

Pure Cooking Oil / Multichoice /dstv Finally Increased The Bill / Over Goals Betting Free Tips 4 The First 1 Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.