Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Is It Wrong To To Donate Your Body Organ As A Christian ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To To Donate Your Body Organ As A Christian ? (503 Views)

Pastor On The Run Over Man’s Genital Organ Malfunction / Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To To Donate Your Body Organ As A Christian ? by Artnass(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
Obviously, so many people are being faced with body parts problems (blindness, loss of organs and the commonest - kidney transplant).

But looking at it from a christian perspective... i overheard an argument between 2 guys some days ago.

the guy said,
dont you know that it is possible to sin against ones own body 1cor 6 v 18, our body is the temple of God and should not be defiled.
Defiling the body can be from any angle. we are being bought with a price.

those therefore who abuse themselves and destroy their health will have to give account for their stewardship 1cor 6 v 18, 19, 20.

in the whole bible, there has been no one that has ever offered his/her body part essentially than Jesus Christ, Even paul only made a figurative expression to the galatians ... ye would have plucked out your own eyes and have given them to me gal 4 v 15.

also, looking at it spiritually, we will surely account for what we've done with each and every part of our body. and it wont be possible for me to be accounting for your body part in my body. there is nothing God has not commanded you to do except your body part. no matter the circumstance..
Honestly, I'M so confused, what if the person is your closest friend, wife, child. i cant do it though.. i pray it wont even happen.

but as a christian, is it proper to donate your body organ?
Re: Is It Wrong To To Donate Your Body Organ As A Christian ? by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Artnass: Obviously, so many people are being faced with body parts problems (blindness, loss of organs and the commonest - kidney transplant).

But looking at it from a christian perspective... i overheard an argument between 2 guys some days ago.

the guy said,
dont you know that it is possible to sin against ones own body 1cor 6 v 18, our body is the temple of God and should not be defiled.
Defiling the body can be from any angle. we are being bought with a price.in

those therefore who abuse themselves and destroy their health will have to give account for their stewardship 1cor 6 v 18, 19, 20.

in the whole bible, there has been no one that has ever offered his/her body part essentially than Jesus Christ, Even paul only made a figurative expression to the galatians ... ye would have plucked out your own eyes and have given them to me gal 4 v 15.

also, looking at it spiritually, we will surely account for what we've done with each and every part of our body. and it wont be possible for me to be accounting for your body part in my body. there is nothing God has not commanded you to do except your body part. no matter the circumstance..
Honestly, I'M so confused, what if the person is your closest friend, wife, child. i cant do it though.. i pray it wont even happen. cool

but as a christian, is it proper to donate your body organ?
Depend on what you classified a sin, and your consciousness level in the situation that will determine you conclusion, but when you are concluding, make sure that the benefit out weigh the lost for justification purpose, because if you later regret doing it, you will resolve within yourself that you have sin against yourself and your God, there are many situation in life that men compromise especially in the situation of life and death. I love your prayer. God forbid.
Re: Is It Wrong To To Donate Your Body Organ As A Christian ? by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 28, 2013
As a christian?

Are you really asking if it is wrong to save a life with the donation of your body parts?

If you know that you could save a life without harm being done to you, why not?

I will donate my organs after death to science. It could save my grandchildren one day.

(1) (Reply)

My Farewell Message For A Good Friend / The First Sin Of 2014 / Rccg Prayer Guide For 100 Days Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.