Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking (24172 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by hafi(f): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
i ad complained wen I. Was forced to use the online payment for Western union. Its super fast and convinient. U can always use d computer at gtb banking hall if u don't have a personal computer.money sent from abroad can be received by u in ur aCcount in an our. Thoug I was charged 25naira whic wasn't too bad but I should havebeing told of. All in all , its going to prove to be easier for consumers.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by chiteny(m): 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Only in Nigeria people are forced to do,or use things why force internet banking on people,when they don't actually want it. Make our internet efficient,and effective,naturally the public will embrace it.

Have you lived any where else outside of Nigeria? If you have you would not have made that statement.

If you don't like the bank, simply don't open an account with them. Online banking is the trend now. I have been doing it for years now without any issues. I hardly go to the bank except 2 to three times in a year when i just have to go there to fill out a document or for loan.

Learn to learn something new. Its always difficult i know.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by slydog(m): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Go to Union Bank, collect ur cash via WU or money Gram in dollar or naira equivalent.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by InvertedHammer: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Love_Decay:

The dorm account is a zero minimum balance account, the 100 bucks is a simple measure, just to see if you can afford the services. You can withdraw, the 100 bucks whenever you want its your money.

Internet banking is the best thing for now, you can keep a strong track of your transactions.

\
Try withdrawing the whole $100 from your dorm account

and let me know the result. It ain't gonna happen. You cannot have $0.00 in your dorm account.

You think banks are not in business to make money?

It is called service charge for a reason.

/
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by deloon(m): 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
InvertedHammer:

\
Try withdrawing the whole $100 from your dorm account

and let me know the result. It ain't gonna happen. You cannot have $0.00 in your dorm account.

You think banks are not in business to make money?

It is called service charge for a reason.

/

Bros, you can have $0.00 in your dorm account if you want to. I usually sell all dollars in my dorm account using the FX Sale service in the GTB Internet banking platform and I've never encountered a single problem.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by andyanders: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=delors]
ah
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by andyanders: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
delors:
It becomes over rated because you don't want to upgrade. GTbank is d only Nigerian bank that tends to match the kind of services provided by the western world. Over a long period, I sent western union to Naija but clearing it had always been a problem even for my cousins who work in d bank. Its super easy now. Send western to ur self from abroad n deposit the money you sent into your own acct! Easy cheesy! Last week, I sent some kishi to my pal on Lag but he couldn't cash it...the wa hala was terribly much. then I called Gtbank n in 5mins, I deposited the cash into my own gtbank and then shared the money via fx-transfer to other banks. All within 10mins on my iPad. Ain't that easy? Ain't that super? You guys prefer to go and queue for 8hrs in the bank just to cash 2k. Smh. Wake up and embrace innovation. Happy banking!

If you like, share am with cutlass, you must still visit bank or atm to cash the money. Useless service. A guy posted here how his account was compromised and over 4 million stolen from his account and you are here supporting something that will be compromised with time.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by babaowo: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
delors:
It becomes over rated because you don't want to upgrade. GTbank is d only Nigerian bank that tends to match the kind of services provided by the western world. Over a long period, I sent western union to Naija but clearing it had always been a problem even for my cousins who work in d bank. Its super easy now. Send western to ur self from abroad n deposit the money you sent into your own acct! Easy cheesy! Last week, I sent some kishi to my pal on Lag but he couldn't cash it...the wa hala was terribly much. then I called Gtbank n in 5mins, I deposited the cash into my own gtbank and then shared the money via fx-transfer to other banks. All within 10mins on my iPad. Ain't that easy? Ain't that super? You guys prefer to go and queue for 8hrs in the bank just to cash 2k. Smh. Wake up and embrace innovation. Happy banking!
..pls must someone call gtb before they can confirm wu into my internet banking? I think it suppose credit your account once you send it from abroad ? Pls enlight me more brov,thanks.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by skyworld2: 3:35am On Dec 29, 2013
[MOD] I attempted to hijack this thread with my ad and got banned cry cry
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 29, 2013
GTB Bank is very foolish for long... I hate em..
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by milkymesh: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2013
First bank is the best. I pity those who fall to all over hyped banks. Do all your transfers in First bank. I,m enjoying their services. I,m not deceived by all these glittter but not gold bank. call it GT, Zenith, diamond ,or watever, First bank 4ever.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by seangy4konji: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2013
Next time use bereau de change and all you get is just alert...
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by femijck(m): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
bigtt76: I think its been the case since Western Union and Interswitch signed a pact. You redeem your WU through your bank using the Quickteller platform and not Internet Banking ...don't know sha but I've done it through Quickteller before.
oh good this is a nice idea...i've once seen this on my quickteller page....have u tried it? And how efficient? Any charges?........though i trust quickteller for their services.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by femijck(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
seangy4konji: Next time use bereau de change and all you get is just alert...
pls can u tell us about this.......i'm so done with WU fucking exchange rate.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by juwonpeter(m): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
ruemu: truely overrated.. my 1 cent
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by walozanga(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
OAM4J: My dear upgrade to internet banking. Dont be afraid of someone stealing your money. To me it makes things even simpler and easier. Also saves you the stress of leaving home and queing at the bank for hours.
They must not force people to use internet banking.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Maddict: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Well I think GTB is just being useless cos with ordinary WEMA all you need do is provide your account number and the money from your WU will be deposited there in full Shikena,no extra stress or signing up online for shitty things again
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
eluquenson:
Mind you, most of my financial transactions are done via UDirect(uba internet banking)so don't foam here whether you send fx or transfer fx that's not the basis for this thread.
Pe le o, Mr Udirection...mumu. When did sending money via FX-transfer become a 'foam' thingy? Everybody does it...well, everyone who does internet banking. And what exactly is the basis of this discussion if not about money transaction, internet banking, WU, etc? Some people mumu sha.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
babaowo: ..pls must someone call gtb before they can confirm wu into my internet banking? I think it suppose credit your account once you send it from abroad ? Pls enlight me more brov,thanks.
No, you dont have to call them if you have set up the service on your internet banking page. I called them because when I WU my pal in lag and he couldnt cash it because he was told to open an internet banking whatever, he told me about it. So reasoning that since I have internet services, whatever they wanted me to do online would be easier, so I called them to know what was going on. that was when the guy told me I could deposit the money in my own account if I had an online banking system. so i added the service (i.e WU) on my internet page and alas! I deposited my own WU into my own account! Cheesy! So now, could easily send WU to Nigeria (i.e to myself) and I will pay it tinto my account without telling anybody to go cash it...

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
andyanders:

If you like, share am with cutlass, you must still visit bank or atm to cash the money. Useless service. A guy posted here how his account was compromised and over 4 million stolen from his account and you are here supporting something that will be compromised with time.
See this Andy Okereke...so tell me pls, what services isnt available online now? Recharging, shopping, banking, voting, etc...WU is a do-it-yourself- everywhere in the world except Nigeria. I send WU from my room, and nothing has happened to me all these years. Even before online banking was introduced, people still find a way to hack into other people's accounts to steal money....so dont use that as an excuse. Go and queue in the bank for 5hours just to cash N700...little wonder you are very productive with your time...So, Oga, YOU MUST NOT VISIT ATM or BANK to CASH MONEY, unless na inside tree you dey live.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by LBanks(m): 12:16am On Dec 30, 2013
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by GentleFrank(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by myads890(m): 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
Personally I use Diamond bank. You can receive WU even as a savings account holder and all you need is a form of identification eg drivers licence, intl passport etc

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by jonesky080(m): 12:13pm On May 04, 2015
[b]IJMB 2015/16 session registration has commenced, Register to any of our accredited study centres nationwide closer to your location with affordable fees today. The registration is online on our website www.ijmbe.org.ng at a registration fee of #8,500 only!

DISCLAIMER: Candidates should be informed that many educational institutes/Individuals claim to be registering candidates for IJMB, be wise and don't fall into their scam as there are various unaccredited IJMB study centres nationwide. Register with LEARN MORE NIGERIA today and get Automatic Admission without Screening, among other benefit like Privilege to pay tuition fee installmentally, Serene Learning Environment, Conducive Hostel Accommodation etc.

SO WHAT ARE YOU STILL WAITING FOR? SECURE ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB INTO 200L VIA IJMB TODAY! - goto www.ijmbe.org.ng to Apply Now.

For Enquiries read our Frequently Asked Questions or mail us on support@ijmbe.org.ng Call 07037368149 | 08102508292 |

Candidates should be informed that many educational
institutes/Individuals claim to be registering candidates for IJMB on
various websites and blogs and other social network with the sole aim
of registering students at various study centres nationwide, kindly note
that this registration channels are in no way related with LEARN MORE
NIGERIA so candidates are been advised not to be a victim to this and
moreso be careful of the ilorin waterloo so as not to end up in ilorin, Kwara State,
Testimonies from our daily registered applicants via
www.ijmbe.org.ng/testimonial.php shows candidates are duly satisfied
with our services so be wise and don't fall into their scam as there are various unaccredited
IJMB study centres nationwide. Register with LEARN MORE NIGERIA
and get registered to any of our accredited nationwide
today by visiting www.ijmbe.org.ng
kindly note that LEARN MORE NIGERIA will not be responsible for any registration
not done through our registration portal www.ijmbe.org.ng/beginregistration.php
because registration with us is strictly powered by LEARN MORE NIGERIA[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China Coronavirus: Apple Temporarily Closes All 42 Stores In China / ( DROP SHIPPING ) How to buy in china and sell in USA while you are in Nigeria / First Bank Main Market Onitsha On Fire (Live Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.