Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 (20331 Views)

3 Banks Get June 2016 Recapitalisation Deadline / When CBN Extends BVN Registration Date (photo) / Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by anonimi: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
naijacutee: I pray that applicants are applying with the intention of creating opportunities to make things better for our future children, and not just to chop the national cake and leave us in a mess like the previous generations have done. In Jesus name. Inshallah. Amen.

Thanks a lot for your response. I was going to seriously yab the guy otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by mneksummi: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
oluomad: Don't call anyone for any guideance!! Simply go to youwin.org.ng. Answer the questions well, submit! Simple!!! Goodluck ya all

I don't think that's a good advice. Some people definitely will need guidance. Seek guidance if you need and go answer by yourself if you know what you're doing.

http://www.freeyouwingrant.com may be of help.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Angelstartups(f): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
It was extended to accommodate more applicants so no one has excuses for not participating since this may be the last edition.
Sign up on www.angelstartups.com.ng if you have genuine ideas/business and upload a 1-page summary of your proposal.
Its a professional platform where brilliant Entrepreneurs meet Investors.You get rated by expert business analyst and have the opportunity to send your proposal to many investors waiting for the next big idea! Its completely free!
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
naijacutee: I pray that applicants are applying with the intention of creating opportunities to make things better for our future children, and not just to chop the national cake and leave us in a mess like the previous generations have done. In Jesus name. Inshallah. Amen.

Honestly our fathers were the most useless set of Nigerians. Very short sighted vision-less set of people. Always praising the Govt when they give them free stuffs that cannot be sustained.

Free Toll gate
Free Taxes
Free University education
Free Govt hospital
Free Primary and Secondary school
Free healthcare
Cheap air transportation
Cheap railway
Cheap Electricity
Cheap Petroleum products
Free water

Free everything, even the nothern Government now hold FREE MASS MARRIAGE for their people. Mehn Nigerians are just cheap a$$ mofos.

2 Likes

Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Man4LordJesus: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Can somebody check out this thread A REVOLUTION IN POST UTME ADMINISTRATION: GOODBYE TO MISSING SCRIPTS/RESULTS. A solution which promises that the paper scripts of the Post UTME candidates shall be marked, printed and handed to the candidates ever before they leave the hall. Please I want comment.:
https://www.nairaland.com/1573082/revolution-post-utme-administration-goodbye#20541190
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by scortez: 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Please @ OP. Has The Submission Of Business proposals started? Or Is It Stiill The registration that's going On? Please I need clarification.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Weak arm chair Nigerians are here critisizing, crying and gnashing their teeth while intelligent Nigerians are seizing opportunities to better their lives. Keep waiting b*tch a$$ mvderfvckers. grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92-yq-elDZ4
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by mcvities(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
sagitarius: My office is responsible for monitoring those who get awarded the YouWin grant, and trust me, there's no chopping there. You'll be closely monitored 2 ensure you carry out what you've applied for. The overall objective of YouWin is to create jobs through entrepreneurship so as to reduce dependence on white collar jobs. Extra allowances are paid 2 ensure strict compliance and so it's difficult for anyone 2 compromise. Those who are yet 2 apply but have good business proposals should go ahead and apply. If u need help, u could holla at me too at no cost at all. Cheers everyone

I have a business plan but will want the business to start in 2016, because of the complete forecast that I need to do on the location of the business and I need 2015 for my internship which I cannot exempt but the business plan is ready. Can I go ahead and apply and will they allow me the time frame. Thanks and expecting your reply.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by b03liberty(m): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
Good
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by utimatedes(m): 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
mcvities:

I have a business plan but will want the business to start in 2016, because of the complete forecast that I need to do on the location of the business and I need 2015 for my internship which I cannot exempt but the business plan is ready. Can I go ahead and apply and will they allow me the time frame. Thanks and expecting your reply.

That means you have to wait till then to apply if still available because they can't wait for you. The reason is that disbursement start immediately you are awarded the grant and you will need to meet specific milestone for further disbursement. Besides, the disbursement, monitoring, mentoring etc expiry after a year or thereabout.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by utimatedes(m): 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
oluomad: Don't call anyone for any guideance!! Simply go to youwin.org.ng. Answer the questions well, submit! Simple!!! Goodluck ya all

Why will you give someone such advice? Do you think everyone is as brilliant as you are? Many business plans I have reviewed in the past 3 weeks showed that many are clueless. Many don't know how to sell even when the idea is unique.

1 Like

Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by NnaNna4(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
whoever dat posted this info on NL is blessed
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by khattab02: 12:15am On Dec 30, 2013
YOUWIN! Abeg weytin I win??
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Polem(m): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Seriously, i admonish Nigerian youths that this programme is pretty genuine one. I quested it authenticity and find out that this is right step towards right direction, Government knows the consequences of unemployment and part of the frantic step they are taking is to empower u and i to help create employment........ my orientation about the programme change when i came into contact with an awardee whom i met here in Nairaland Etim Utibe, he affirmed that the contest was base on free and fair no GoDfatherism for the selection strictly on merit since then he has been mentoring me to come with unique idea and he has been guiding on step to step guildlines of competing favourably on the business plan with my strength on Unique selling point............................ visit his blog and see how creative and innovative his concepts are............ www.utibeetim.com forum name s utimatedes i tell u this guy is good contact him for any advice in case u need one
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 30, 2013
obiscolly: Just too far. They should just be reputable enough to fix a date and stick to it. Shifting the date twice in less than a week without any obvious reason is totally uncalled for and unprofessional. If I had this date in mind right from start, maybe i'd have done a more thorough job. Same applies to some others who just rushed through the application. Sadly again, the site doesn't allow editing after submission. Oh well!
its not unproffessional....i am among the winners of the first eddition and that was how they shifted it twice. the funnest part of it was that i wasnt ready to submit before the clossing date so i said i had miss the program only for me to login and the about 3 weeks extension. that 3 weeks also came again and i havent written anything and i gave hope but was suprise the date was also shifted to about two weeks dat was when i said this thing i must finsh u.....i wrote only one solid business plan unlik many that are writing many plans with difrent name...i scale through both stage nd found my self in state house receiving a presidential award from our president...mind u i avnt step my foot to abuja in my life before wining the grant,i never had any oga at the top . i only heard about the program on nairaland when i saw it on front page 2011

4 Likes

Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 30, 2013
mcvities:

then its not meant for u cos thy will devide the money into 4 or 3 and set a milestone for u,if u reach each mile stone thy will release the some part of the money...mind u monitors comes from abuja to verify ur claims everytim
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 30, 2013
rudedough: Weak arm chair Nigerians are here critisizing, crying and gnashing their teeth while intelligent Nigerians are seizing opportunities to better their lives. Keep waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92-yq-elDZ4
i can see mayor there standing befor gej with his pink moisquito baby net....the c.e.o of steamy baby care...hahahahaha
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by gabbytabby: 1:21am On Dec 30, 2013
This is a very good idea. Taping into the creativity of our youths.

Mr President I am encouraged.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 30, 2013
this are topics / threads that should be retained on the front page.. but seun and his crew are bent on generating traffic... I've been sourcing finance from other mediums to finance my project without any knowledge of this... why do I keep visiting this site errday then?

from the comments here, I see a lot of folks are unaware of the program
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by lepashandi: 6:33am On Dec 30, 2013
some people can criticise anything.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by kayjegs: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2013
Get business ideas which you can modify for the YOUWIN competition on this thread or better still get my business eBook (its for sale)

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

In case you need to contact me, send email to Kayjegs@yahoo.com

Best of luck as you apply....
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 30, 2013
sagitarius: My office is responsible for monitoring those who get awarded the YouWin grant, and trust me, there's no chopping there. You'll be closely monitored 2 ensure you carry out what you've applied for. The overall objective of YouWin is to create jobs through entrepreneurship so as to reduce dependence on white collar jobs. Extra allowances are paid 2 ensure strict compliance and so it's difficult for anyone 2 compromise. Those who are yet 2 apply but have good business proposals should go ahead and apply. If u need help, u could holla at me too at no cost at all. Cheers everyone

Bro, my sister won in d 2nd batch, my neighbour also won! My brother in-law won in d 1st batch and from what they all told me, their supervisors are damn too strict when it comes to compliance. Dis is d 1st govt initiative I've got faith in.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 30, 2013
Nn-a-Nn-a:
whoever dat posted this info on NL is blessed

You're blessed too and may you receive good tidings in 2014, amen.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by HirstMOG(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2013
thisisayus: My room after 6 months of ASUU strike.

you are just too dirty!!
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by toprealman: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2013
obiscolly: Just too far. They should just be reputable enough to fix a date and stick to it. Shifting the date twice in less than a week without any obvious reason is totally uncalled for and unprofessional. If I had this date in mind right from start, maybe i'd have done a more thorough job. Same applies to some others who just rushed through the application. Sadly again, the site doesn't allow editing after submission. Oh well!
What are you on about?
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by sagitarius(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
mcvities:

Naa, it won't fly at all. The award is in phases and each phase has a time frame 2 be completed. Everything will kick off fully in 2014 and u don't need 2 apply if you want 2 start in 2016. My suggestion is u should go ahead and apply and see if u get d grant, then u could employ people 2 manage d bizness for u while u carry out ur internship program. And when you're through, u could come back and continue running ur bizness.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by sagitarius(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2013
wise_many2k:

Bro, my sister won in d 2nd batch, my neighbour also won! My brother in-law won in d 1st batch and from what they all told me, their supervisors are damn too strict when it comes to compliance. Dis is d 1st govt initiative I've got faith in.
. Yeah man, before we're deployed for supervision, we're normally given strict instructions not 2 compromise our position. And in d event that you're caught doing anything wrong, you'll be fired and prosecuted. So we take dis program very serious. As long as you have a good bizness plan, u might make it.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by sagitarius(m): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2013
utimatedes:

Why will you give someone such advice? Do you think everyone is as brilliant as you are? Many business plans I have reviewed in the past 3 weeks showed that many are clueless. Many don't know how to sell even when the idea is unique.
thank u very much for dis, God bless u
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by GentleFrank(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2013
Good !
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by olaglobalj: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2013
Bros, I've applied o, but there's a minor problem with me, I've finished my ND course in computer science with upper credit but my result is still yet to be out and again i lost my wallet while travelling few months back, containing my voter's card, school ID card and sought. Hope that won't be a problem. Await ur reply soon.
Thanks.
Re: YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2013
akraym: [size=08pt]WE TALKIN' MONEY, U TALKIN' NONSENSE[/size] [size=08pt]AND BTW IS THAT A DOG HOUSE[/size]
I thought my dogs are dirty, until I saw dis guy's room. That means my dogs are not doing dat bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti / Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.