Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings (60308 Views)

Blinds, POP And Suspended Ceiling / House Painting,POP and PVC Ceiling Installation. / POP AND PVC CEILING, SCREEDING anywhere in Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Ire007: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hello guys.

Can someone explain the differences between POP and suspended ceilings aside the cost?

Thank you.
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by goldfish80(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Jelo4kul(m): 2:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP means Pack only Plates. While suspended ceiling is what u see when u look up in a building. Lol. Hope am right

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Donjinks(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
F

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Claroo(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Wait o.....Lemme check Google
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
goldfish80: Ok
Jelo4kul: K
grin grin I see y'all
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by emmyid(m): 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Panshow(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP means Plaster Of Paris , Suspended Building Ceiling means (SBC).

7 Likes

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Jelo4kul(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
KingMEXX: grin grin I see y'all
I see u too
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Adesam09(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ok
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by engrflames: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
$

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by shorxynla(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op and Suspended ceiling?

Ok
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
i dont know,but me think POP is the one that involves casting with,while false ceiling is the already made one,but i know that my sitting room is made with POP,while the bedrooms are made with false ceiling.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by xynerise: 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
I only know what POP means. Never heard of suspended building ceilings
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by captainbaroni(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Jelo4kul: POP means Pack only Plates. While suspended ceiling is what u see when u look up in a building. Lol. Hope am right
Really funny
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
wait a minute
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by bebe2(f): 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
Builders in d house. Pls make una come o smiley
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by IAMBREEZY: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ok
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by lonelydora: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP means Plaster of Paris while Suspended Ceiling means i have no idea.
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by redfly(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP (plaster of paris) ceiling is a type of suspended ceiling. suspended ceiling is a general type of ceiling which is installed beneath an existing ceiling level. PVC, pop, gypsum plaster, and even timber can be used as suspended ceiling. cheers

10 Likes

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by ubiplanet(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2013

dunno oh
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by olanje: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP is the only type of ceiling that can be 'suspended'... Suspended ceiling can be used on concrete slab or decked roof buildings most especialy on story buildings

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by checkdate(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
IF YOU WOULD BE PATIENT, THE EXPARTS ON THIS LINE OF BUZINESS WILL ATTEND TO YOU.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by gbadexy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Although I'm not an authority on POP casting and so on but I manufacture POP paint and ready mixed screeding putty but I will try to shed some light about what I understand about it.
POP ceiling is made by casting gypsum powder/cement and it is normally fixed to the ceiling while suspension is a slab pre casted and that could be made of gypsum cement like drywall or magnesium silicate and is suspended on the ceiling.
The pop is fixed on concrete or cement plastered wall while the suspended ceiling could be fixed in a ceiling previously made of wood and cement.
Hope this helps.

8 Likes

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
redfly: POP (plaster of paris) ceiling is a type of suspended ceiling. suspended ceiling is a general type of ceiling which is installed beneath an existing ceiling level. PVC, pop, gypsum plaster, and even timber can be used as suspended ceiling. cheers
case closed.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by segzicres(m): 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Pop is plaster of Paris. It's whats used to finish a suspended ceiling
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Ekans: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
POP is made of akpu while suspended ceiling is just ceiling that is suspended.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Adesam09(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adesam09: Ok
u ntie
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
All i knw is that pop is flamable while for the other one
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Adesam09(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adesam09: u ntie
how far
Re: Difference Between POP And Suspended Building Ceilings by Adesam09(m): 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
Adesam09: how far
i dey oo
How ur side

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Photos Of Eko Atlantic And How Much It Costs To Get A Land / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully / Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.