Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? (1000 Views)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Pictures Of Lady Who Brought Her Maid To Fan Her In Salon Go Viral / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. (2) (3) (4)

A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dr. Derek Miller, a Northwestern University professor of psychiatry and head of the adolescent unit at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chiocago, said there is no proof "a child brought up by a single parent feels more secure and is better off than a child brought up by two(2) parents
tell where u belong.
let Share experiences

Fp tinz
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Not in support, it heaps too much responsibility on one person.
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by Vallotti: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
2 is always better now.
Was that not the plan in the first place?

A single parent can get frustrated and tired. No one to relieve him or her.
It is a tough job on one person.

But one or both MUST BE HEALTHY ADULTS FIT TO RAISE KIDS! kiss

If not. . . good luck to that child or those children. . . NA NAIRALAND VAGABOND GET 'IM' O! cheesy

I was raised mostly by my dad. . .THANK GOD. pickin wey papa raise nor be bastard HALLELUJAH! cool

Wey my handsome papa pisssssshure sef ehn? NOT ALL THESE OBJS AND TINUBU E-WOR WORS! grin
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by badmeat(m): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
God created them man and woman!its better to have both in the life of a child!a single parent can raise a good child,but the challenges r big.some times pikin wey wan spoil,even if him get 5 parents go still spoil,
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by Vallotti: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
MEN MAKE BETTER SINGLE PARENTS. . . WHEN THEY ARE NOT PEDO-PHILES!
Dadddy. . . I LOVE YOU GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

My mamma is on the phone. . . I think she got jealous! SHE MUST BE PSYCHIC! grin

*make I salote my ssssshidrens jare* cool
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
lari03: Not in support, it heaps too much responsibility on one person.

Right
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vallotti: 2 is always better now.
Was that not the plan in the first place?

A single parent can get frustrated and tired. No one to relieve him or her.
It is a tough job on one person.

But one or both MUST BE HEALTHY ADULTS FIT TO RAISE KIDS! kiss

If not. . . good luck to that child or those children. . . NA NAIRALAND VAGABOND GET 'IM' O! cheesy

I was raised mostly by my dad. . .THANK GOD. pickin wey papa raise nor be bastard HALLELUJAH! cool

Wey my handsome papa pisssssshure sef ehn? NOT ALL THESE OBJS AND TINUBU E-WOR WORS! grin

those wey there mama raise them. naa them be bastard

Lol. Who Wor Wor grin grin grin
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
bad meat: God created them man and woman!its better to have both in the life of a child!a single parent can raise a good child,but the challenges r big.some times pikin wey wan spoil,even if him get 5 parents go still spoil,

U just hit the hammer on the Nail, not your fingers
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by Vallotti: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
simdam500:

those wey there mama raise them. naa them be bastard

Lol. Who Wor Wor grin grin grin

UNLESS THEY ARE FATHERLESS OF COURSE!
Sometimes some women do not know their BABY DADDIES(bastards by default). SOME MEN HAVE NO PLACES IN THEIR CHILDREN'S LIVES(bastards by design)
But when a man raises you HIMSELF. . . you can never be a bastard! cool
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2013
ok o
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by tintingz(m): 3:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
It is better for a child to be brought by both parent but that doesn't fully guarantee a child to be of good character atleast the father can discipline a child better, many mothers are too emotional to discipline their children but mothers show caring alot. smiley

• Both parent - very better

• Single fatherhood - better

• Sigle motherhood - partially better
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
More Statistics

[b] 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes Almajiri and area boys inclusive
85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (Source: Center for Disease Control)
80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes (Source: Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26, 1978.)
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools.)
75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes (Source: Rainbows for all God`s Children.)
70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept 1988)
85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992)[/b]

That psychiatrist needs a psychiatrist,the evidence abounds
The statistics don't lie

http://www.photius.com/feminocracy/facts_on_fatherless_kids.html
Re: A Child Brought Up By A Single Parent Or Both Parent; Which Is Better Off? by simdam500(m): 6:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmm!!! I tink we are gettin somewhere

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!! / Kindly Recommend The Best Soap For Washing Machine / Share Hilarious Pics Of Your Child