Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Toilet Hygiene - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Toilet Hygiene (4245 Views)

Poll: water vs tissue

Water: 38% (5 votes)
Tissue: 23% (3 votes)
Both: 38% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Kill Ebola Virus On Surfaces And General Hygiene / "Joystick" Hygiene – What To Do And What To Avoid. / Toilet Infection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 12:57am On Aug 05, 2008
When i was in school we once had a serious arguement over which is best between toilet paper and water. how it all started one guy totally condemned the use of tissue and we all laffed it of as a joke but 2 our dismay he was serious ahah we were now like abeg lets ask guys , aaah some oda guys 2 were like they don't use tissue at home its only when they are in school and stuff. that brings me 2 my question , which method is more hygienic?
Re: Toilet Hygiene by tpia: 1:08am On Aug 05, 2008
<< shakes head>>
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 05, 2008
[size=15pt] How to Teach Toddler Toilet Hygiene[/size]

Step1
Encourage girls to wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. This will prevent feces from entering the vagina and causing an infection.

Step2
Encourage boys to always pee in the toilet. Many little boys get distracted and have a tendency to pee on the floor, toilet lid, wastebasket or other undesirable places. Have your toddler practice always making it into the potty.

Step3
Wash hands. Even if you do the wiping and flushing it is important to have your child wash his hands as well, to have him get into the habit of washing after using the toilet.

Step4
Avoid touching anything in a public restroom. Teach your toddler to use a disposable toilet seat or to line the toilet seat with tissue in order to protect her precious bottom from germs. Show your toddler how to use a paper towel or toilet paper to flush the toilet, open stall doors and turn off water faucets.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by naijadiva2(f): 3:09am On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

[size=15pt] How to Teach Toddler Toilet Hygiene[/size]

Step1
Encourage girls to wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. This will prevent feces from entering the vagina and causing an infection.

Step2
Encourage boys to always pee in the toilet. Many little boys get distracted and have a tendency to pee on the floor, toilet lid, wastebasket or other undesirable places. Have your toddler practice always making it into the potty.

Step3
Wash hands. Even if you do the wiping and flushing it is important to have your child wash his hands as well, to have him get into the habit of washing after using the toilet.

Step4
Avoid touching anything in a public restroom. Teach your toddler to use a disposable toilet seat or to line the toilet seat with tissue in order to protect her precious bottom from germs. Show your toddler how to use a paper towel or toilet paper to flush the toilet, open stall doors and turn off water faucets.

wow, u broke it down for us. especially step 2.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 3:09am On Aug 05, 2008
impressive i must say, although 1 and 2 are not necessary its common sense dat shld apply
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 05, 2008
Joseph6:

impressive i must say, although 1 and 2 are not necessary its common sense that shld apply
I knew who I was breaking it down for.

I had to be specific, ya know wink
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 3:18am On Aug 05, 2008
and i 4get yet again that sense is not common to d extent they had 2 announce no.1 in my church
Re: Toilet Hygiene by motunrayo4(f): 3:20am On Aug 05, 2008
Joseph6:

and i forget yet again that sense is not common to d extent they had 2 announce no.1 in my church
shocked shocked shocked shocked in church?
Re: Toilet Hygiene by naijadiva2(f): 3:21am On Aug 05, 2008
haha
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 3:24am On Aug 05, 2008
ya in church, i wuz not really payin attention though but it certainly caught my ears nawa for new century infections oh shitty infection
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 05, 2008
When you're done doing Number 1/ Number 2, wash your hands with soap.

Then towel try it, saves paper---> saves tree tongue I always make sure hand towels are hanged in the toilets/ Kitchen. Extras in the laundry room.
And try to atleast spray the toilet, door handle or toilet flusher with Germ killers undecided

JUST WASH YOUR HANDS PLZ.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by naijadiva2(f): 3:29am On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Then towel try it, saves paper---> saves tree tongue I always make sure hand towels are hanged in the toilets/ Kitchen. Extras in the laundry room.

that pisses me off when people don't wash their hands. they do the #1, don't use toliet paper, don't wash hands, *shakes head* just dirty.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 3:30am On Aug 05, 2008
and in the case of water as supposed 2 tissue i can'ty help but 2 think u'll have 2 clean ur bum wit towel too?
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 05, 2008
Joseph6:

and in the case of water as supposed 2 tissue i can'ty help but 2 think u'll have 2 clean your bum wit towel too?

There's a diff between Tissue paper/ Toilet paper.

Toilet paper: To clean butt

Tissue paper: To dry hands after washing.

I'm trying to preserve Tissue paper by using hand towels.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 3:36am On Aug 05, 2008
in dat case its toilet paper i meant
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 05, 2008
Joseph6:

in that case its toilet paper i meant
I use toilet paper.

Can't help the world with that o.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by tpia: 5:35am On Aug 05, 2008
anyone who doesnt know the basics of toilet hygiene should come and learn it on nairaland.

Sh**tty topic, sh*tty mind/s. undecided
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 5:42am On Aug 05, 2008
take it easy wit the beef okay?
Re: Toilet Hygiene by tpia: 6:01am On Aug 05, 2008
you seem like another attention seeker.

who are you and where do you come from?

your profile picture alone will give any normal person the creeps. About as abnormal as your useless threads.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Then towel try it, saves paper---> saves tree tongue[b] I always make sure hand towels are hanged in the toilets/ Kitchen. Extras in the laundry room[/b].
And try to atleast spray the toilet, door handle or toilet flusher with Germ killers undecided

good advice and pratice but you kind of missed the point above.
heaven knows im not using no hand towel even if Jesus christ used it. i'd rather cut down all the trees than share a towel after visiting white house.
hands towels carry some of the biggest germs
Re: Toilet Hygiene by shuppie(f): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
tpia:

you seem like another attention seeker.

who are you and where do you come from?

your profile picture alone will give any normal person the creeps. About as abnormal as your useless threads.
[quote][/quote]

oh my goodness i cant laugh, abeg tpia let the guy be ok,
btw how re u, long time, wink
Re: Toilet Hygiene by chiogo(f): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2008
@OMO IBO, I totally agree with you!

@Ruby_pearl, you had me till the toilet paper and tissue paper part. I thought they meant the same thing. Hand towel would be the correct term for drying hands. However, I don't think it's safe either. Hand dryer is much safer and saves trees. Hand dryers are in most public toilets such as schools.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by shuppie(f): 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
people that re clean, that cares about their cleanliness and their state of hygiene does not need anybody to tutor them on what to do in the toilet, they don't need to be lectured that after cleaning with a tissue paper, it is only appropriate to wash with water, SIMPLE, unless u found yourself in a situation where u can't access water, but will surely clean up when they get home.

in my opinion, it is only those that re dirty that will use tissue paper only without finishing off with water when it is available.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
OMO IBO:

good advice and pratice but you kind of missed the point above.
heaven knows im not using no hand towel even if Jesus christ used it. i'd rather cut down all the trees than share a towel after visiting white house.
hands towels carry some of the biggest germs

Good point, I guess.

chiogo:

@OMO IBO, I totally agree with you!

@Ruby_pearl, you had me till the toilet paper and tissue paper part. I thought they meant the same thing. Hand towel would be the correct term for drying hands. However, I don't think it's safe either. Hand dryer is much safer and saves trees. Hand dryers are in most public toilets such as schools.

LOL!! There's toilet paper you place in the bathroom, and tissue paper you place in the kitchen. tongue
I guess I gave them the names.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
tpia:

anyone who doesnt know the basics of toilet hygiene should come and learn it on nairaland.

Sh**tty topic, sh*tty mind/s. undecided
LMAO!!

That's why I call it the "Toddler" Toilet Hygiene
Re: Toilet Hygiene by chiogo(f): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2008
L0L@ Ruby_pearl, I guess you gave 'em the names. That, I understand. Lololol
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
please water after usin the toilet is normal, i'm sayin after using the toilet and b4 washin ur hands, which one is beta 2 clean ur bum wid
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
Joseph6:

please water after usin the toilet is normal, i'm sayin after using the toilet and before washin your hands, which one is beta 2 clean your bum wid

What is the point of washing your hands before using the toilet? You'll dirty it again.

Abeg, what is this? so you'll wash your hands before and not after? Duuuude, that's gross!! undecided
Re: Toilet Hygiene by tpia: 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

What is the point of washing your hands before using the toilet? You'll dirty it again.

Abeg, what is this? so you'll wash your hands before and not after? Duuuude, that's gross!! undecided

you seem to have missed the entire point of the thread.

What he is asking is: which is better to clean your butt with after shitting- water or toilet tissue.

It isnt about washing your hands after doing the #2.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2008
tpia i see u're finally comin around wink wink wink
Re: Toilet Hygiene by tpia: 12:20am On Aug 06, 2008
Joseph6:

tpia i see u're finally comin around wink wink wink

coming around to what?

come- dem send you? Why you dey call my name for everywhere?

of all the pointless threads on nairaland, I have to say this one is among the top ten.

I fear to imagine what goes through your brain.
Re: Toilet Hygiene by Joseph6(m): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2008
ok i spoke 2 fast sory oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is SC Genotype The Same Thing As Ss / Commonly Abused Drugs In Nigeria / Bio Disc For Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.