Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Magic And Miracle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Magic And Miracle (815 Views)

The Difference Between Luck, Blessings And Miracle? / Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministry Sermons / Bad Deal Exposes Nigeria’s Fake Miracle Syndicate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
One is presumed to have natural explanations, the other is presumed to have supernatural explanations
Re: Magic And Miracle by spenca: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
One is secretive while the other isn't ,One is sacred while the other is profane
Re: Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tayerulz: . Thanks for the piece of info. Buh IMO, I think they both have supernatural explanations. Could you please tell which is natural?

miracles are presumed to have supernatural explanations. In my opinion however, they also have natural explanations.

Im yet to see or hear a single miracle that has no natural explanation

1 Like

Re: Magic And Miracle by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:32am On Dec 30, 2013
Magic is a practical and skillful tricks while miracle is un explanable coincidence which are attributed to God

3 Likes

Re: Magic And Miracle by Sylvekzee(m): 4:00am On Dec 30, 2013
I have just 3 questions for you:

1. Succesful "Odeshi" (ie proof against machette, bottles or gun shot)

2. A native doctor who cut off the head of a fowl with a knife, put the headless fowl and its head into a pot, then covers it. After some incarntations opens the pot and the fowl runs out of it ALIVE with its head back in place.

3. A man who was cooked alive while holding two big tubers of yam, one on each arm. The tubers of yam was well cooked (ie well done) after the man stepped out of the boiling water wet but unharmed. The yam was eaten by every body including the man.

What would you say then happened here? Magic or Miracle?

(Mind you, I witnessed these things happen live with my two koro koro eyes)
N:B. No one certainly attributed any of it to God and this is no trick!
Re: Magic And Miracle by Joagbaje(m): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2013
Magic is mostly tricks . Make believe tricks which anyone can learn but miracle is a supernatural occurrence which only God can do .
Re: Magic And Miracle by spenca: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2013
Joagbaje: Magic is mostly tricks . Make believe tricks which anyone can learn but miracle is a supernatural occurrence which only God can do .

Am sure op is not talking about those kind of magic but magic of tapping into the supernatural realm and make use of its resources to change the occurrences of the world not the kind of tricks played to TV or bar beach , you all should understand there is a difference between a trickstar and a magician while at a long run means magic is different from trick

1 Like

Re: Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Magic And Miracle by Kei144(m): 10:57am On Dec 30, 2013
Both magic and miracles are done by supernatural powers. Magic is by dark powers, while miracles are done by the power of light (God).
Re: Magic And Miracle by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Tayerulz: I'd say magic and miracle are just terminologies used by different people based on their beliefs. The two acts are actually the same in the real sense. A rod turned into a snake, some people called it miracle while others called it magic.

I'm inclined to agree. One man's magic is another man's miracle, though it is far beneficial to seek enlightenment rather than spiritual/supernatural powers gained through practice of a sadhana.

I think also we owe Moses a bit of credit for his skills. Snake handlers will tell you that you can render a particular snake into a catatonic state (it goes ramrod straight) if you grip it at particular pressure points behind it's head. Drop it on the floor, it comes out of that state and goes along it's merry way, no magic involved.

1 Like

Re: Magic And Miracle by Soloter(m): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Miracle is of God while magic is of the devil.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Divorce Courses Controversy Among Christ Embassy Membe / We Are In Heaven Already,please Enjoy Your Life Without Fear / The Real Origins Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.