Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa (899 Views)

What Christianity Should Look Like. / Man Kicked-Out Of Competition For Resembling Jesus / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by mosesthedark: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
You know what really pisses me off, that we as Africans had a great culture and civilization before the arrival of the Arabs and white people. But as soon as the Arabs and white people arrived, we abandoned our own religions and beliefs and just started believing what the foreigners told us.
How do we know that the white man or the Arabs were right? what if our old religions were the right ones and we've all been deceived? who knows?

And not just that, we are so hardened about these religions that fight and kill each other over them as if we created the religions.

Look at Egypt for example. Egypt was doing pretty okay, it was even the birthplace of civilization, but as soon as Islam came along, Egypt abandoned its own religion and went to shit.

I believe that Islam and Christianity should be kicked out of Africa and that we as Africans need to rediscover our ancient ways and what really made us great people.

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Lol, Folykaze, macof and Pagan 9ja will be very proud of you and this post grin
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by Mintayo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Yes Jawe that is true joo,:Dchristainity and islam shld be kicked out and JESUS should be allowed to come in!smiley
When Jesus comes in,then there will be PEACE in Africa...Peace that has never been known before!cheesysmiley
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by senorova(m): 12:35am On Dec 30, 2013
With all due respect, the so called cultural practises had its own shortcomings.
I'll list them for you.
1)It endorsed sacrificing of humanS to deities
2)Slaughtering of twins and banishment of the bearer(I wonder what they did to triplets if twins were slaughetereD)
3)Lawlessness and injustice
4)Slavery
5)Polygamy and poverty.
Just to menTion a few.
On the other hand, Religion has in its own unique way brought an end to this barbaric way of life, of course religion has its own shortcomings too. But that is not to say it has done more harm than good. I understand the poster's point of view, but I think you are being myopic. Our so called cultural values made us goddamn illiterates with little hope of a future. Religion however has brought education, enlightment, technology, organisation, and all sorts. Of a truth, religion(especially islam) supports the "holywar" (jihad). I wouldn't know why, but I do know that millions of moslems don't partake in this because they don't believe in shedding innocent blood. Africa has been known to be a wicked, crooked, corrupt,biased, continent mainly as a result of the pagan practices its indigenes indulged in before westernization.
I quite agree that religion has its flaws... But it has done africa a lot of good much more than harm. There's crisis in Egypt not because of religion, but because of the long existing thirst for blood in the average african man imbued by the engagement in barbaric cultural customs.
I believe in cultural values, but I do not accept its privileges.
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by larrymoore(m): 7:45am On Dec 30, 2013
African traditional religion or culture would ve been more brutal than any terrorist group. It has no biding principle, all we shall be witnessing is ritual and there. Would ve been more and deadly manipulations.
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2013
larrymoore: African traditional religion or culture would ve been more brutal than any terrorist group. It has no biding principle, all we shall be witnessing is ritual and there. Would ve been more and deadly manipulations.

Really?

Which religions were responsible for the shipment of about 20 million slaves from Africa?

Abrahamic- Islam or Christianity

OR

African Traditional Religions?

1 Like

Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by larrymoore(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Logicboy03:

Really?

Which religions were responsible for the shipment of about 20 million slaves from Africa?

Abrahamic- Islam or Christianity

OR

African Traditional Religions?
I agreed that christianity long did that, that was pre-civilization, the same christianity stopped the practice. With what the world is today, complete atheism is far better than paganism.
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by ubl6: 8:47am On Dec 30, 2013
Atleast 85% of Africans are either Muslims or Christians. Who then can kick these religions out of Africa? The 15% 'others'?
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by macof(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
senor_ova: With all due respect, the so called cultural practises had its own shortcomings.
I'll list them for you.
1)It endorsed sacrificing of humanS to deities
2)Slaughtering of twins and banishment of the bearer(I wonder what they did to triplets if twins were slaughetereD)
3)Lawlessness and injustice
4)Slavery
5)Polygamy and poverty.
Just to menTion a few.
Pls you don't just make assumptions, these are pure lies and you should desist from them.
1. Pls mention one deity that you know people give human sacrifice? If you can't give a name and substantive proof then you don't know wat you saying. When you address this I'll take it further.
2. In the whole of Africa, Calabar people were the only ones famous for killing twins. If you know any other ethnic group that killed twins pls give a name and proof. I truly say that Yoruba have never in known history sacrificed twins.
3. Pure lies, Ogun might strike you for this statement because it indirectly saying that Ogun is incompetent. Ogun is God of justice and his patrons are officers of the law. In those days we had unwritten constitutions which were integrated with our traditions, infact Laws make up the tradition. It's really a show of stupidity and ignorance to claim a whole continent operated without rules and punishment. Are you really thinking at all? Do you think before the creation of christianity and Islam people just did anything in their country
4. You disappoint me, Slavery? Seriously? So Abraham didn't keep slaves? Yahweh encouraged slavery, and rich Arabs are known for keeping slaves around the house. Our African slaves were always treated as distant members of the family, free in the house and the unwritten constitution system protected their rights. You should go and ask the old men in your village how slaves usually became prime ministers and head of districts after gaining freedom. Unlike the white men cruel slavery which they used your Bible to rest their claim on.
5. Polygamy is not bad, Abraham was polygamous, worse with his wife's slave. Indirect Polygamy still happens even in Europe-all the divorce and remarry after 3kids. Polygamy kept our women in check and stopped the men from screwing around. Only your legitimate wives were liable to be straffed and not like now that everyone is tasting all the fish before purchase.
Poverty is so insignificant with this topic. Poverty is everywhere. Those days only men who could take care of wives were given wives

On the other hand, Religion has in its own unique way brought an end to this barbaric way of life, of course religion has its own shortcomings too
Pls point how your ancestors were babaric? Everyone is Babaric in his way. Advancement in Civilization and approved cultures and traditions don't just drop on peoples head, it takes relationship and interactions with other civilizations, in my eyes Arabia and all of the middle east is babaric.
But that is not to say it has done more harm than good. I understand the poster's point of view, but I think you are being myopic. Our so called cultural values made us goddamn illiterates with little hope of a future.
Japan is illiterate right? China is illiterate? You think religion determines civility or literacy? Your Jesus and most of his disciples were damned pupers who couldn't read or write. The Arabs were mere desert people who lived disgustingly eating camel intestine.
Religion however has brought education, enlightment, technology, organisation, and all sorts.
now I know that you are the real illiterate and Even a mumu. How can be attributed to religion?
Education exists in all societies, if you idea of education is Bible study then I can agree with you but still see you as one low minded fella.
Which enlightenment? Explain because they only thing religion brought was brainwash and brain damage to our people.
Technology? I think you missing religion with interactions- that is business trade between Europeans and Africans.
Organization is the dumbest thing you brought here. Pls explain this

Of a truth, religion(especially islam) supports the "holywar" (jihad). I wouldn't know why, but I do know that millions of moslems don't partake in this because they don't believe in shedding innocent blood.
A blinded fool you are, You accuse Africans of spilling blood without proof and now try to cover your masters in the middle east. What about The millions they have killed and the millions they are still killing in present times?

Africa has been known to be a wicked, crooked, corrupt,biased, continent mainly as a result of the pagan practices its indigenes indulged in before westernization.
These are baseless lies. Lies from the evil poo called Bible and Quran. Pagans are not evil, we live like any regular human adhering to the rules of the land. Corruption started with all these Christian and Muslim politicians.
If we they stop making oaths by Bible and Quran and swear by Ogun instead I bet you corruption would stop.
Bias? Was this not what christianity and Islam Brought to separate our people and conquer us by dementalizing and brainwashing our people. Giving them threats of hell and causing religious lines to be drawn among our people.

I quite agree that religion has its flaws... But it has done africa a lot of good much more than harm
Lies from a demon.
There's crisis in Egypt not because of religion, but because of the long existing thirst for blood in the average african man imbued by the engagement in barbaric cultural customs.
I believe in cultural values, but I do not accept its privileges.

May Ogun attack you for your lies. Africa has been peaceful and doing fine without religion. You have not made any sense at all, you simply Hate Africa and have been spreading lies and evil accusations, you are an Enemy, a big evil lying demon

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by macof(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
larrymoore: African traditional religion or culture would ve been more brutal than any terrorist group. It has no biding principle, all we shall be witnessing is ritual and there. Would ve been more and deadly manipulations.
rubbish!
So you love terrorist and holy war? Killing millions in the name of Allah and Yahweh?
You love that right? May God give you wat you want and serve your entire family the same dish.
Rubbish! angry
Re: Islam And Christianity Should Be Kicked Out Of Africa by mmsen: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Why do so many of you idiots keep making this claim about the sacrificing of twins. That only happened in a very small area of what is now called Nigeria.

The Yoruba, the people of modern day Edo state and most likely many other groups venerated twins.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Islam To Nigeria? / . / What Do You Need From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.