Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,350 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

NFF: Delay Is Dangerous - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF: Delay Is Dangerous (754 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Stanley Dimgba data is dangerous / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 1:50am On Dec 30, 2013
First of all, thank you for opening this thread, kindly leave a comment after reading, not a (.) or (,) or 'space booked'(in case it gets to FP), a real comment please, thank you.

I've noticed a disturbing trend with the Nigerian Football Federation- they never do anything at the appropriate time. They wait until the last minute, that is the beginning of useless preparations. For instance, the World Cup draws happened on Dec. 6th, while sensible countries have picked the teams they want to play against in March, we still dey here dey wait make person come beg us to play match.

Cameroon has set up a match with Germany, Ghana is set to play Netherlands (na this one pain me pass) and even SA, common SA that will be going to Brazil as tourists, have booked a friendly with Brazil. The only thing we have heard concerning a friendly for us is Kenya. Is it until all the good guys are taken that we'll go and play one useless team like Australia? We're already in January as it is and NFF want to take their time and do things when there's no time.

The sooner we set up a friendly with a tough country, the better for us. We can't be waiting for Afghanistan or Latvia to request a friendly with us as per African Champions, this lacklustre attitude to things must stop, else we'll just go to Brazil to sign 'present'.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Jiggaman101: 2:12am On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: First of all, thank you for opening this thread, kindly leave a comment after reading, not a (.) or (,) or 'space booked'(in case it gets to FP), a real comment please, thank you.

I've noticed a disturbing trend with the Nigerian Football Federation- they never do anything at the appropriate time. They wait until the last minute, that is the beginning of useless preparations. For instance, the World Cup draws happened on Dec. 6th, while sensible countries have picked the teams they want to play against in March, we still dey here dey wait make person come beg us to play match.

Cameroon has set up a match with Germany, Ghana is set to play Netherlands (na this one pain me pass) and even SA, common SA that will be going to Brazil as tourists, have booked a friendly with Brazil. The only thing we have heard concerning a friendly for us is Kenya. Is it until all the good guys are taken that we'll go and play one useless team like Australia? We're already in January as it is and NFF want to take their time and do things when there's no time.

The sooner we set up a friendly with a tough country, the better for us. We can't be waiting for Afghanistan or Latvia to request a friendly with us as per African Champions, this lacklustre attitude to things must stop, else we'll just go to Brazil to sign 'present'.

Safari, how many times do you have to remind us that Nigeria is the african champions. I don't blame Nigeria Fa, they have to play teams according to its strength and as the team is constructed they can't score goals and they are not really a strong team. This Nigeria team is mediocre at best and NFF knows that their luck ran out after afcon ended. Nigeria playing a team such as Germany or Spain will be embarrassment as Nigeria will be trashed severely.

Why does it pain you that Ghana is set to play Netherlands. You love rivalry my lady.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Safari, how many times do you have to remind us that Nigeria is the african champions. I don't blame Nigeria Fa, they have to play teams according to its strength and as the team is constructed they can't score goals and they are not really a strong team. This Nigeria team is mediocre at best and NFF knows that their luck ran out after afcon ended. Nigeria playing a team such as Germany or Spain will be embarrassment as Nigeria will be trashed severely.

Why does it pain you that Ghana is set to play Netherlands. You love rivalry my lady.
it pains me cuz I wanted Nigeria to play Netherlands, no, this isn't about beefing Ghana, it's about Netherlands as a team. The african champions ish wasn't mentioned as a good thing, it's there because I think they need to get off their high donkeys and act, that title shouldn't get to their heads too much. And as far as Nigeria being a weak team, I'll leave that one for naija-noni, I no get time for your jealousy talk this morning
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Jiggaman101: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: it pains me cuz I wanted Nigeria to play Netherlands, no, this isn't about beefing Ghana, it's about Netherlands as a team. The african champions ish wasn't mentioned as a good thing, it's there because I think they need to get off their high donkeys and act, that title shouldn't get to their heads too much. And as far as Nigeria being a weak team, I'll leave that one for naija-noni, I no get time for your jealousy talk this morning

You know I am just messing with you, just wanted to pick a fight with you. With that being said African teams heading to the World Cup should be playing lots of friendly and not just any friendly but friendly with similar styles as the teams in their groups. That's why we don't go far, the Europeans and South Americans are always playing friendly.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by striker9(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2013
I don't know what NFF is still waiting for,NFF should set up friendly with Belgium ASAP.I don't know if this is another plot to frustrate Keshi,God pass them.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nomski0(f): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2013
We should set up a friendly with either Belgium or Portugal or even Chile........it'll be good practice before Brazil. Nff should swallow pride, and demand for friendlies.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2013
Nomski0: We should set up a friendly with either Belgium or Portugal or even Chile........it'll be good practice before Brazil. Nff should swallow pride, and demand for friendlies.
azzin eh. Pride goes before a mighty fall, as it stands Belgium, Portugal and Spain are the strongest European teams left, Belgium's style is closer to that of Bosnia's. We've played Argentina many times, so we should be used to their style, but Bosnia we don't know, we should be aiming for an European team rather than a South American team
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nomski0(f): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: azzin eh. Pride goes before a mighty fall, as it stands Belgium, Portugal and Spain are the strongest European teams left, Belgium's style is closer to that of Bosnia's. We've played Argentina many times, so we should be used to their style, but Bosnia we don't know, we should be aiming for an European team rather than a South American team

If Nff are smart enough, we could play one team from both Europe and S.america. Chile is also a strong team too and the last time we played them was probably in 2006/07. And I'll really like us to try Portugal. cheesycheesy
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Good job, NFF, play friendlies with weak teams.
Kenya ain't a bad idea, y'all will face the likes of Kenya in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 10:51am On Dec 30, 2013
Nomski0:

If Nff are smart enough, we could play one team from both Europe and S.america. Chile is also a strong team too and the last time we played them was probably in 2006/07. And I'll really like us to try Portugal. cheesycheesy
I think there's only one free day for friendlies before the World Cup. That being said, it's critical that we play an European team again.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by bizibrain(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Misplacement of priority as been d main problem of NFF 4 quite a long tym, dey decided a friendly wit Italy b4 Nigeria qualify 4 2014 wc. There ego nd pride didnt mak dem tink otherwise, wat an insult on ethiopia....

Nigeria already knew d country in her group but sadly, d good 4 notin group of empty brains called NFF failed 2 deem it fit nd prioritize d arrangement of a friendly game with a country dat plays d same pattern as bosina.

I tink Nigeria nid 2 play a friendly with a country wit same style as bosina, because playing with bosina will probably determine if Nigeria will qualify 4 2nd round.

Nigeria will surly trash iran.

Patriotism,luck and optimistism apart, argentina will trash Nigeria, so Nigeria needs 2 take bosina seriously more dan argentina.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by omar22(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: azzin eh. Pride goes before a mighty fall, as it stands Belgium, Portugal and Spain are the strongest European teams left, Belgium's style is closer to that of Bosnia's. We've played Argentina many times, so we should be used to their style, but Bosnia we don't know, we should be aiming for an European team rather than a South American team

Belgium and Bosnia do not play the same way, not by a long shot, Belgium play in the mode as the French or Portugese team, Bosnia are more discipline like a Russian or Croatian side or more like Serbia
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
omar22:

Belgium and Bosnia do not play the same way, not by a long shot, Belgium play in the mode as the French or Portugese team, Bosnia are more discipline like a Russian or Croatian side or more like Serbia
fine then, play those guys, especially Croatia, but for chrissakes play somebody!
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by striker9(m): 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nigeria needs to play a team that is highly ranked and well disciplined,our boys needs to be aware of the task ahead.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
True.

Bosnia, croatia and serbia play similar style. It should be priority to fix a friendly with any of them before they get hooked up.

If Nff have the luxury of arranging one more friendly after march, then we could play a south american team
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by omar22(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
What do you expect from a car crash organisation called NFF
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Well looks like serbia is taken already. They will be playing ireland.

Delay is truely dangerous cheesy
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by omar22(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
breezy047: Well looks like serbia is taken already. They will be playing ireland.

Delay is truely dangerous cheesy

Theirs so many countries within the eastern block of Europe Nigeria could play but I guess they are waiting to be invited so that they could collect the friendly fee
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by safarigirl(f): 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
omar22:

Theirs so many countries within the eastern block of Europe Nigeria could play but I guess they are waiting to be invited so that they could collect the friendly fee
such foolishness, the one wey Italy pay them never do?
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by bizibrain(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
omar22:

NFF ar stewpid, but nt 2 dat extent. Dey didnt wait 2 b paid wen dey organised a quick friendly wit burkinafaso.
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
but we are African Champions na?
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
bizibrain: NFF ar stewpid, but nt 2 dat extent. Dey didnt wait 2 b paid wen dey organised a quick friendly wit burkinafaso.

And they made quick bucks. They knew Calabar stadium would be filled up for the game
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by ROCKJ1(m): 4:33am On Dec 31, 2013
mikeansy: but we are African Champions na?

I support you joor, i wonder why all these people are disturbing their selves when we are the Champions of Africa.

Even guru maharaji predicted that we will win the world cup (if govt settles him)
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Dhelake: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2013
Belgium and Bosnia doesn't play the style of football... Belgium plays a very physical style of football.. but Bosnia plays like Croatia.. maybe we should play them
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Dhelake: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2013
safarigirl: such foolishness, the one wey Italy pay them never do?
Money is never enough
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Dhelake: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2013
Maybe we should play the Switzerland team... they play a very tactical style of football
Re: NFF: Delay Is Dangerous by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
ROCK-J:

I support you joor, i wonder why all these people are disturbing their selves when we are the Champions of Africa.

Even guru maharaji predicted that we will win the world cup (if govt settles him)

lol

ur mind dey there

(1) (Reply)

WORLD CUP 2014 - Skills Of Footballers - Why Is It They All Copy Jay Jay Okocha! / Sport Betting System / Virtual Football League E-book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.