Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? (2483 Views)

Root Nexus 5 On Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Lollipop And Install CWM Recovery / Iphone 6 And 6 Plus Now Availible On Konga.com [buy Now!] / Google Unveils Nexus 5 And Android 4.4 Kitkat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 30, 2013

Going at a global unlocked rp of $399 for the 32GB model, which converts to ₦64019.55 as at the time of this post, why the hell is Konga.com selling the product for ₦95,000? And they even made it seem like they cut down the price from ₦114,500. What is wrong with these people? Why will they coontinue ripping us off?

Attached is a screenshot of Konga's website as at the time of posting, showing LG Nexus 5 D820 White selling for ₦95,000

1 Like

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by bogtrotter: 4:06am On Dec 30, 2013
Even with shipping and everything.. It shouldn't be more that 70k. That's a big rip off if you ask me
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Seun(m): 7:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Most phones are more expensive in Nigeria when they are just released. This is because there is high demand and low supply at such times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2013
Seun: Most phones are more expensive in Nigeria when they are just released. This is because there is high demand and low supply at such times.
_

Really? So expensive that the go for double the price? What kind of demand and supply is that? This is pure daylight robbery!!!!?
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Seun(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2013
SimonAndal: Really? So expensive that the go for double the price? What kind of demand and supply is that? This is pure daylight robbery!!!!?
[/b]
This is known as profit. You pay a little bit more for the benefit of getting the phone earlier.
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by moonraker(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2013
SimonAndal:
_

Really? So expensive that the go for double the price? What kind of demand and supply is that? This is pure daylight robbery!!!!?

C'mon man, your brighter than this. Stop displaying your ignorance in public.
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by moonraker(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Seun: This is known as profit. You pay a little bit more for the benefit of getting the phone earlier.

Thank you. People should be educated enough to know that there is no business without profit. Albeit the profit margin is on the high side.

1 Like

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2013
Seun: This is known as profit. You pay a little bit more for the benefit of getting the phone earlier.
_

I was not talking about the 95k, I was talkin about the 114.5k it was sold for before. That's almost double. And even the 95k is A LOT on the high side. 65 I can deal with, 68 I can deal with. Afterall I'm not the only person that's gonna buy it, so why should they make all their profit from me?
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by wman(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
PS4 - $400~ N70,000
XboxOne-$500

Jumia & Konga
PS4-N130,000

Total Ripoff!!!
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Seun(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
SimonAndal:
I was not talking about the 95k, I was talkin about the 114.5k it was sold for before. That's almost double. And even the 95k is A LOT on the high side. 65 I can deal with, 68 I can deal with. Afterall I'm not the only person that's gonna buy it, so why should they make all their profit from me?
Why should they sell it to you at 68k when there are other people willing to buy it for more than 95k? If you want to pay less, then be patient!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
Seun:
Why should they sell it to you at 68k when there are other people willing to buy it for more than 95k? If you want to pay less, then be patient!
_

It's those guys that are willing to get ripped off that cause these sort of things. Try this in the US and the FTC will have your arse for brunch.

And btw, I thought our CPC was there for something...guess I was wrong.
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by samsard(m): 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Seun:
Oga seun is definitely business-minded grin
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by chidi2pus(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
i would rather buy it at amazon and then have it shipped via myus

total shouldnt be more than 75

1 Like

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by StevenBergy: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
SimonAndal:
Going at a global unlocked rp of $399 for the 32GB model, which converts to ₦64019.55 as at the time of this post, why the hell is Konga.com selling the product for ₦95,000? And they even made it seem like they cut down the price from ₦114,500. What is wrong with these people? Why will they coontinue ripping us off?

Attached is a screenshot of Konga's website as at the time of posting, showing LG Nexus 5 D820 White selling for ₦95,000

To be candid, Its really expensive but I think they are also trying to make their profit like Seun said... And do you know that despite the ₦95,000 price tag, so many people will still rush it from them ? That's why Smart Tech guys can just use that as an opportunity and import / ship Smartphones like Nexus 5 and others from Amazon, Best Buy etc... and sell it for like ₦85,000, ₦80,000 or even ₦75,000 and still make their own profit too
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by StevenBergy: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
chidi2pus: i would rather buy it at amazon and then have it shipped via myus

total shouldnt be more than 75

Yes, Its very important to think about How to spend wisely... You'll save yourself #20,000 that way
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
Seun:
Pls i got this samsung galaxy s4 this morning, not brand new but "London-used". The issue i have is the phone is stocked on 2G as when i go to Settings>>mobile-networks, it will not change from "gsm only" to WCDMA or GSM/WCDMA(auto). Kindly assist me cos i have been going up and down google, android forums, youtube etc;and solution that seems to work for others refused to work on mine. I had to fall back on tethering wifi from my galaxy tab just so i can open a web page on the Galaxy S4 with no High BP. I am using Airtel on it and the sim seem to have 3G provisioning cos i tried on two other devices and the "H" sign with arrows pointing up and down was on the screen and the speed was fast. Kindly assist me pls before you guys mourn another nairalander cry cry cry cry (though some who see me as a menace will be happy if i Should "Proof vemuz SOB" undecided). Counting on you sir embarassed
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by omoboy08(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu:
Pls i got this samsung galaxy s4 this morning, not brand new but "London-used". The issue i have is the phone is stocked on 2G as when i go to Settings>>mobile-networks, it will not change from "gsm only" to WCDMA or GSM/WCDMA(auto). Kindly assist me cos i have been going up and down google, android forums, youtube etc;and solution that seems to work for others refused to work on mine. I had to fall back on tethering wifi from my galaxy tab just so i can open a web page on the Galaxy S4 with no High BP. I am using Airtel on it and the sim seem to have 3G provisioning cos i tried on two other devices and the "H" sign with arrows pointing up and down was on the screen and the speed was fast. Kindly assist me pls before you guys mourn another nairalander cry cry cry cry (though some who see me as a menace will be happy if i Should "Proof vemuz SOB" undecided). Counting on you sir embarassed

Cut the crap yourself guy. Had the same problem on my nexus 4 wen I bought it. Dial *#*#4636#*#* choose d 1st option and again d 1st drop down. There you go. Choose WCDMA only and will never see your crappy EDGE/GSM again.
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by jazz04(m): 9:20am On Jan 01, 2014
--
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Seun(m): 10:03am On Jan 01, 2014
--
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by jazz04(m): 12:25pm On Jan 01, 2014
Mr seun can u tweet d reply @jazzdglass
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
omoboy08:

Cut the crap yourself guy. Had the same problem on my nexus 4 wen I bought it. Dial *#*#4636#*#* choose d 1st option and again d 1st drop down. There you go. Choose WCDMA only and will never see your crappy EDGE/GSM again.
Not working boss

Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by warrenweste(m): 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu: Not working boss

Its a clone S4 bro..chek d reviews online
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by aieromon(m): 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2014

If that's the screenshot of your device, it means you bought yourself a cloned S4.
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by nani667: 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2014

you bought a Chinese S4 sir....it's not Surprising that the phone no get 3G
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
nani.666:

you bought a Chinese S4 sir....it's not Surprising that the phone no get 3G

warrenweste:

Its a clone S4 bro..chek d reviews online

aieromon:

If that's the screenshot of your device, it means you bought yourself a cloned S4.

I was told the bitter truth in details right here. For JJCs like me, come learn one or two before giving your had earned money for a clone cry >>
https://www.nairaland.com/1575265/samsung-galaxy-s3-4.3-jelly/1#20603034
Re: Why is Nexus 5 Sold For 95k On Konga? by nani667: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
Don Demu:

I was told the bitter truth in details right here. For JJCs like me, come learn one or two before giving your had earned money for a clone cry >>
https://www.nairaland.com/1575265/samsung-galaxy-s3-4.3-jelly/1#20603034

how much did you pay for that phone sir ?

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Releases A Very Cheap Phone With Gprs And Good Battery Life..nokia 130 / Any Good Techno Phone For Between 10,000 And 15,000? / A Glo SIM Card That Stood The Test Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.