Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife (48607 Views)

Family Dog Saves Child From Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by shullamite: 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
The dog get witchcraft o see e face

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by popeeluv: 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
None of these stories is enough to make me change my mind about owning a dog.I love dogs and will have two or three of them.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by blakky97(m): 5:05am On Jan 01, 2014
martha: Something similar happened at Ikoyi. A rottweiler ate d left leg of d owner's son cos it was hungry.... D lil'boy was flew to India for surgery and his leg ended up being amputated... D man shot d dog with his own gun...

A dog was also reported to have eaten the manhood (or is it babyhood) of a new born baby.
The baby had just been circumcised, and his mom left him in the sitting room for breeze to cool up his stuff,
The dog percived the ointment that was smeared on the surface of the babyhood,
It thought it was sweet good food,
GBAM! Lil boy turned a eunuch before he could even learn to say 'mommy'
Too bad, destiny changed and imposed the occupation of a reverend father on him
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by ernie2007(m): 8:21am On Jan 01, 2014
Never attempt to break up a dog fight with your hands. Pour a bucket of water on them from a safe distance. There is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners. As a dog owner dedicate a little time to teach your dog basic commands and lessons in obedience. Exercise and socialize your dog as often as possible.

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 01, 2014
blakky97:

A dog was also reported to have eaten the manhood (or is it babyhood) of a new born baby.
The baby had just been circumcised, and his mom left him in the sitting room for breeze to cool up his stuff,
The dog percived the ointment that was smeared on the surface of the babyhood,
It thought it was sweet good food,
GBAM! Lil boy turned a eunuch before he could even learn to say 'mommy'
Too bad, destiny changed and imposed the occupation of a reverend father on him
Wow! As sad as this is, it is kindda funny
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2014
One of the reasons I won't keep dogs as pets is their unpredictable nature. So many things can influence a canine's behaviour.

I have young children, and I won't feel comfortable with dogs roaming freely. Regardless of how well trained a dog may be, especially breeds like Rottweilers, Pitts, Bull Dogs / Mastiffs etc, the fighting instincts remain dormant, passed down by their ancestors.

It only needs one thing to trigger their true nature, and I'm not keen to find out what that is. Google "children and dog attacks", and see how many kids have been mauled by their family pets, some fatally.
May the dead man Rest In Eternal Peace.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by knowledge4(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
This dog i am seeing looks like a drug addict or a demon possessed dog oh!
I like dogs because they are friendly and loyal especially the local ones in Nigeria
But i have never had the confidence to go near one whether large or small, local or foreign.
I am scared of them and avoid going near them.
The dog in the picture must have been hungry.
I recall a real life incident that happened in Kano along Independence Road around 1987.
A Lebanese family had two huge fearsome and deadly looking dogs in his premises along with a guard.
The family traveled and left the dogs in care of the guard.
The guard starved the huge dogs of food and strolled out one night.
In the next compound separated with a fence were three goats.
That night, the huge dogs jumped over the fence and attacked the goats in the next compound.
They ate the goats alive!
The careless guard was lucky that he strolled out.He would have been killed if he was there.
In 2009, i tried to overcome the fear of dogs by rearing one, a baby dog.I had a small poultry in the premises.
I named her Cinderella and i used to feed her thrice daily.What i eat,Cinderella eats.
One day, i caught the baby dog,Cinderella eating a chicken.It ate everything except the feathers. i was shocked!
I gave it out to someone and from that day have sworn never to have anything to do with a dog. Never!

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by gbrown(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
webaplanet: Couple tried to break up a dog fight.

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. — The former mayor of this city of almost 40,000 was hospitalized and her husband died after the couple's pet dogs attacked them, according to the current mayor.

Former Mayor Diane Vick and her husband, Tom, tried to intervene after one of their larger dogs attacked one of their smaller dogs, but the dogs turned on them and attacked them, Mayor Jack Hakim said. They were flown to a hospital in Las Vegas.

Tom Vick and his wife tried to break up a fight Saturday evening between the family's boxer and cocker spaniel, police said. The boxer attacked both of them.

Tom Vick, 64, who taught social studies at Mohave High School, died of his injuries Sunday, Hakim said. Diane Vick "was pretty well beat up," but Hakim didn't believe her injuries were critical.

Hakim called the incident "pretty devastating."

"We've had dog bites before but never something like this," he said. "It's very sad for us in Bullhead City. She was former mayor and he was a prominent high school teacher at Mohave High School. ... We're just grateful that at least one of them was able to survive."

The dogs are being held at the Bullhead City Animal Control facility.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/29/arizona-dog-attack-death/4243151/
more: http://tony kempis.com/?p=1320

dogs are wonderful pets but could be unpredictable sometimes, i had two close calls with dogs some years back,
i went to see this particular girl somewhere in d GRA in Benin city, this girl lived in the boysquarter just behind the main house, on this particular day the house was unusually quiet, i pushed the gate open, walked in and made my way to the boysquarter, bros it was then this giant size dobberman emerged from nowhere, the took slow steady steps in my direction grunting,i just stood there shivering,the dog sniffed around me,the dog lipped and placed it,s two from paws on my shoulder still grunting and sniffing, at this time my legs were wobbling i think a fart or two escaped from my anus, by this time i was shivering like a pneumonia patient, i cried out in fright,FLORENCE HELP ME OH! UNAH DOG WAN BITE ME OH! it was GOD who rescued me on that day, cos, at that moment Florence just walked in via the front gate and saw the drama, she called the dog to order, my bros, Florence really laughed at me on that day,i felt so embarrassed but grateful to GOD.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by gbrown(m): 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
webaplanet: Couple tried to break up a dog fight.

BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. — The former mayor of this city of almost 40,000 was hospitalized and her husband died after the couple's pet dogs attacked them, according to the current mayor.

Former Mayor Diane Vick and her husband, Tom, tried to intervene after one of their larger dogs attacked one of their smaller dogs, but the dogs turned on them and attacked them, Mayor Jack Hakim said. They were flown to a hospital in Las Vegas.

Tom Vick and his wife tried to break up a fight Saturday evening between the family's boxer and cocker spaniel, police said. The boxer attacked both of them.

Tom Vick, 64, who taught social studies at Mohave High School, died of his injuries Sunday, Hakim said. Diane Vick "was pretty well beat up," but Hakim didn't believe her injuries were critical.

Hakim called the incident "pretty devastating."

"We've had dog bites before but never something like this," he said. "It's very sad for us in Bullhead City. She was former mayor and he was a prominent high school teacher at Mohave High School. ... We're just grateful that at least one of them was able to survive."

The dogs are being held at the Bullhead City Animal Control facility.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/29/arizona-dog-attack-death/4243151/
more: http://tony kempis.com/?p=1320

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Dogsworld(f): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2014
Dear Dog lovers,

grin HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are busy sending out magazines to as many dog shows as possible. However we are aware that many of you will not get a physical copy.

Click on the link to download and READ the online version of Dog's World Magazine.
http://.com/Issues/DogsWorldIssue13small.pdf

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

What's inside?

- Dog breed gallery
- Practical information on how to look after your dog
- Where to buy dog food
- Access to Dog breeders across Nigeria
- Dog shows
- And lots more.

To be a part of the Dog Community in West Africa Join us here: www.facebook.com/?ref=hl
or here: www.nairaland.com/1043675/dog-lovers-nigeria-very-own

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by collins6381(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Greaaat: The dog be like go and die
guy u no lie!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by DJFEMZY(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
The dog face be like....una dey mad......who carry my bone here?
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by ninidee: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Y wld one be keep ind dis kind of dog with dis horrible look.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
This is why i prefer to have lion as a pet, atleast i know i have to be alert everytime than something taking me by surprise.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Babe2sure(f): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
dasparrow: @Post

Its unfortunate but this story will not deter me from being a dog owner. Seeing that it happened in Arizona USA, why couldn't the couple hire a professional dog behaviorist or dog trainer when the dog first bit them in the past? It is obvious that having 2 dogs in the home that never got along was a bad idea from the start and eventually lead to this unfortunate incident. Lesson: Don't get a second dog if you are not sure that the first dog already in the home will tolerate it.

Word!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
If you must breed dogs,you must know how to enforce law and order. I've been breeding dogs for years and from what I've learnt,make sure they know who the boss is from the puppy stage and also make sure you keep the bad tempered dogs in their cages or seperate from rest or the puppies will start imitating them.
My dogs are shown below.

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
More.

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Baby of the house (teddy).

Picture A shows teddy has a puppy and what he'll become in like 9months.

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by bonetalk(m): 7:31am On Jan 05, 2014
saintjoel: Baby of the house (teddy).

good, but how much do u sell ur GSD pup?
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Smily202(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2014

See dog like lion.....I no follow oooh
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Smily202:
See dog like lion.....I no follow oooh
lol
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by henry007(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2014
saintjoel: If you must breed dogs,you must know how to enforce law and order. I've been breeding dogs for years and from what I've learnt,make sure they know who the boss is from the puppy stage and also make sure you keep the bad tempered dogs in their cages or seperate from rest or the puppies will start imitating them.
My dogs are shown below.
your dog farm is unkept, can't believe you posted such pictures of your dogs, and you expect a handshake

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 11:52am On Jan 07, 2014
henry007: your dog farm is unkept, can't believe you posted such pictures of your dogs, and you expect a handshake
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]

Sir,why are you hating,can you see feaces on the ground or ticks on them?.

Just shut up and move on.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by henry007(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
saintjoel:
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]

Sir,why are you hating,can you see feaces on the ground or ticks on them?.

Just shut up and move on.
If that's not faeces on the ground then what is?! as for ticks, if I cld see them thru a 2megapixel camera, I must be a god then. you are breeding filth oga, anyone that buys dogs from you is obviously impoverished or ignorant of this sty u call a kernell

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by fidatt(f): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Too bad
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
henry007:
If that's not faeces on the ground then what is?! as for ticks, if I cld see them thru a 2megapixel camera, I must be a god then. you are breeding filth oga, anyone that buys dogs from you is obviously impoverished or ignorant of this sty u call a kernell

Now I know you're a fool and seriously I don't need to start arguing with you.Kindly show us a picture/pictures of your kernel and let's see the shiny floors and gold plated cages or do you think I breed these dogs for sale.

Foolish and jobless people like you just come on Nairaland to insult people,so it's not necessary I respond to your comments again since I'm not under any obligation to answer nor have I loaned money from you to breed my dogs,they've the best medical care and food and if God gives me the money to build a bigger house,I'll put them there,at least I live in my own house and I've a job,what do you have ,silly soul.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by vivalavida(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
saintjoel:

Now I know you're a fool and seriously I don't need to start arguing with you.Kindly show us a picture/pictures of your kernel and let's see the shiny floors and gold plated cages or do you think I breed these dogs for sale.

Foolish and jobless people like you just come on Nairaland to insult people,so it's not necessary I respond to your comments again since I'm not under any obligation to answer nor have I loaned money from you to breed my dogs,they've the best medical care and food and if God gives me the money to build a bigger house,I'll put them there,at least I live in my own house and I've a job,what do you have ,silly soul.

O boy see reply. Since 6.14pm. Henry reply na. Na 2 page reply u dey type since? angry
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by henry007(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
saintjoel:

what makes you think I own a dog/ have a kernel. Making unnecessary conclusions to back up the fact that you are extremely dirty coz ur dogs are a reflection of who you are. Get your life together before owning several dogs that you can't take proper care of and stop wishing for bank loans and manner from heaven. Your like all those pple living under bridge that keep having children.

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by vivalavida(m): 2:04am On Jan 08, 2014
henry007: what makes you think I own a dog/ have a kernel. Making unnecessary conclusions to back up the fact that you are extremely dirty coz ur dogs are a reflection of who you are. Get your life together before owning several dogs that you can't take proper care of and stop wishing for bank loans and manner from heaven. Your like all those pple living under bridge that keep having children.
This wha am talkn about niggie. You nearly buried that broda. Choi!!!!
Saintjoel,try and manufacture a knockout punch fast fast
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by baby124: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
This is the dog my neighbor had. It looks exactly like a lion. I remember almost fainting when I met the dog for the first time and I was alone. Good thing it is not fast. Very scary looking creature. I don't like dogs bigger or stronger than me, period. Dogs are dogs. They can become temperamental or sick and bite any day any time. Especially because they are trained to be vicious guard dogs in Nigeria. So they are vicious normally. Except the ones kept in the house and raised as house pets. Those ones in cages that live outside are trouble.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by timifakay(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2014
saintjoel: If you must breed dogs,you must know how to enforce law and order. I've been breeding dogs for years and from what I've learnt,make sure they know who the boss is from the puppy stage and also make sure you keep the bad tempered dogs in their cages or seperate from rest or the puppies will start imitating them.
My dogs are shown below.

I like your numerous 'pets'. How do you intend keeping a full grown Caucasian in one of those tiny cages?
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by saintjoel(m): 4:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
timifakay:

I like your numerous 'pets'. How do you intend keeping a full grown Caucasian in one of those tiny cages?

The pictures was taken two months ago,I've built a larger cage for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunji Disu’s Rottweiler Dogs (Rapid Response Service Commander) / Police Trace Stolen Dog To Pepper Soup Pot Ready For Customers In Lagos / Meet Some Of My Gsds (DDR Bloodlines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.