Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:50 PM

Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. (1208 Views)

Please Pray For My Mum- Ibinabo Fiberesima's Son Writes Open Letter To Nigerians / Fans Blast Phyno For Asking Them To Pray For Paris / How Jim Iyke's Son Changed His Life (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by Rareantagonist(m): 11:10am On Dec 30, 2013
Martial arts superstar Jet Li has gained weight from medication to battle a hyperactive thyroid, but says he’ll beat it: ‘ I’m not a hero. I’m just like you.’
HONG KONG — Jet Li says he’s being treated for an overactive thyroid, but he’s determined to fight the condition head-on.
The Chinese action star known for his kung fu skills discussed his diagnosis during the taping of a talent show he’s judging in China.
In Tuesday’s taping, the 50-year-old Li appeared to have a fuller face and heavier frame.
He said his weight has fluctuated but he’s taking it all in stride. Li joked about his weight gain and said “I’m fat, I don’t have the time to lose it. It’s a fact!”
He explained that exercise is not advised with the medication he’s taking. An overactive thyroid, or hyperthyroidism, causes changes in a person’s metabolism and heart rate, among other symptoms, but is generally treatable with medications.Li was diagnosed in 2010. He kept his condition under control with medication, but it came back with a vengeance recently.
He said that he’s tackling his illness head-on. “I’m just a regular guy, I’m not Wong Fei Hung, I’m not Huo Yuan Jia (kung fu heroes he portrays on film), I’m not a hero. I’m just like you.”
A martial arts champion at a young age,Li turned to acting and began showing off his kung fu skills on big screens in the 1980s.He catapulted to fame in the ‘90s with the “Once Upon a Time in China” films where he portrayed martial arts master Wong Fei Hung.
His Hollywood career includes such titles as “Lethal Weapon 4,” “Romeo Must Die” and more recently “The Expendables 2.”
Li confessed there are times he’s unsure if he’s able to carry on with work, but he’s determined. “I’m in pain, but I’m not suffering. I’m happy,” he said.
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by experimentist: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Oya gbogbo Tai Chi Sun
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by Rareantagonist(m): 11:21am On Dec 30, 2013
experimentist: Oya gbogbo Tai Chi Sun
What language?
Lets pray for him o..Don't wanna lose him like Bruce lee..
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by beejayphako(m): 11:26am On Dec 30, 2013
Ehya.. God's ur strength bruv.
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by negaiyke: 11:43am On Dec 30, 2013
Oh the flyin Jet Li... U mean Buddah can't help out?
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by Rareantagonist(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2013
negaiyke: Oh the flyin Jet Li... U mean Buddah can't help out?
Lol...Jet-li don suffer..
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by hatux: 12:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
Mehn!dis guy make una no die naw oo..i rili lyk u oo! Wu s watched Wong fei Hung??dat film na vewi interesting
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by Rareantagonist(m): 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
hatux: Mehn!dis guy make una no die naw oo..i rili lyk u oo! Wu s watched Wong fei Hung??dat film na vewi interesting
If he dies, i'll stop watching movies..
Re: Jet-li is fighting for his life.. Lets pray for him. by Rareantagonist(m): 12:33am On Jan 01, 2014
beejayphako: Ehya.. God's ur strength bruv.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Davido And Nigerian Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor Wins Big At 2014 BET Awards / MEET Slimzy Sharp Blinks, She Claims Davido Paid Her $200 For A Night Stand / Wizkid Gives To Charity After Performance In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.