Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

I certainly know Him better ....... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I certainly know Him better ....... (407 Views)

Want To Know Him? / Who Is Jesus? I Wonder If You Know Him! Merry Xmas Nairalanders!! / Do You Know him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I certainly know Him better ....... by georgecso(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2013
As 2013 gradually folds up,one cannot help but to thank God for His precious mercies and grace. He fought several unseen battles on our behalf.

When I try to comprehend Him, I realize that I really don't know Him? I certainly know Him better than I used to, but I really don't know Him? No matter how much I learn of Him, there will always be more to learn. When I read of Him in the Word, I get a glimpse and a glimmer of Him and yet I know that the writer has just scratched the surface. How can a mere man, even with inspiration describe a God who spoke the world into existence from nothing. How can He describe a Creator who makes man from the dust of the earth? Most of all, how do we describe a God who robes Himself in mortal flesh so that He could die on a cross?

I believe that throughout scripture we see a progressive revelation of Jesus. He is shown from the time He was born as a baby until he speaks with power and majesty from the throne of heaven. The scene at the transfiguration gives us a glimpse of an added dimension, His Deity. I believe that when Peter and James and John came down from the mountain, they viewed Jesus a little differently. This is shown again in Revelation when John saw "one like the son of man" and yet he fell to the ground as dead. John had just seen Him in a different light.

In summary,I can simple say with Paul "I haven't attained." I can also say with Paul, "I'm pressing on towards the mark to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Yes I know Him, but there is still much more to know of Him. If I would know Him, I must share in the suffering of His cross. This is accomplished by the infilling of the Holy Ghost, which is the power of His resurrection.

My prayer for anyone reading this post is "Father we thank you. We are so glad again we have not followed a cunningly devised fable. We thank you for the revelation of truth which is eternal. We pray for an expansion of vision in 2014. An expansion of revelation. A deeper willingness to go further with Thee than we have gone in 2013. That we may go and walk circumspectly, that if You would appear at our side, we wouldn't embarrass You, because we are walking in the place of obedience. Let Your blessing be upon us...

Lets keep reading,
and lets keep believing,
and lets keep obeying.................................shalom

(1) (Reply)

"You Are Delusional. Religion Is Dying." / A Must Read For All! / Appearances Of Christ....in Early Genesis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.