Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Street Carnival Or Street Mayhem? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Street Carnival Or Street Mayhem? (585 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Street Carnival Or Street Mayhem? by e9teen(m): 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
OK,I searched for the best section to post this and I settled for culture,my reason been that this street carnival thing has been like a norm in our todays society.
It is very common during the months of December and January to find these hoodlums in various areas blocking roads with all sort of stuffs(bamboo,tyre,etc) to extract money from motorist to finance their rather evil deeds they call carnival.
I call it evil deed because of experiences I have had passing through the venue of these carnivals and they are rather unpleasing. I remember very clearly on the 1st of January,2012 at about 1am,coming back from cross over vigil with my family members in the car,these guys put up quite a show,refusing us passage and when they eventually did,they were hitting the car from all sides.
They do all sort of things in these jamborees, they smoke all sort of weed,drink all sort of drinks and as a friend reported to me three days back one of the party rockers at Adeniyi Jones area had a short gun,displaying it to the pleasure of all.
The straw that broke the camel's back was 2 nights ago at my area,pictures below would show u the damage done. Thank God for the newly constructed bridge connecting my estate,all car users before now in my estate would normally park their cars just at the street where this jamboree took place. It would have been serious gbese. Shops around were bungled, a tailor had his shop visited and all the cloths wey e sew for people to use for new year, bobos pack all the 'ASHO ODUN'.
Heard a young man was killed at one organized in shomolu area.
I think its high time the Nigerian Police Force looks into this and ban the organisation of these carnivals.
Please do share your experience, if you have any.
Re: Street Carnival Or Street Mayhem? by e9teen(m): 11:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pictures

Re: Street Carnival Or Street Mayhem? by Ehimax(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
joblessness

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Yoruba Education / Student Puts His Girlfriend Up For Rent For Money To Buy The New Iphone 6 / Your Experience Based On This Popular Quote "Ist To Do No Day Pain"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.