Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones (3105 Views)

don't trust people that locks their phones / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / 10 Annoying Things People Do In A Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Annoying Things People Do With Their Phone.

Okay, for some reasons I am in a good mood today so I decided to compile a list of the most annoying things some people do with their phones, I hope you guys find this topic interesting.

- Leaving the house without carrying the phone along: I don't know why people do this but it's very annoying. I hate it when I call somebody continuously and they don't answer the phone, I always have this impression that the person was avoiding my call, and when the person eventually calls back the same silly excuse is: ''I was not with my phone when you were calling.'' It's called a phone for a reason not a remote-control.

- Answering a call with loud-speaker: I thought only old-people do this maybe because they strain so hard to hear what the caller from the other end whenever they're answering a call, but recently I've discovered that even young people do it. I was walking down a street sometime ago and I saw this guy answering a call on loud-speaking, he was walking and had the phone on his hand down while talking with his mouth, that to me, was an epitome of a 'werey' mad man, and the guy didn't see anything wrong with it. A phone conversation should be a personal thing and not what the whole world could hear. However, there are some phones that are naturally loud without being put on loud-speaker. i.e nokia-toughlight phone, If you use this kindof phone please endeavour to reduce the volume to Level1.

- Using a phone as bible: This particular one is not only annoying to man but God. It amazes me how some people feels comfortable using their phone/tablet as a means of reading the scriptures. Are they so lazy that they couldn't go to church with a bible? Apparently, some people go to church without a bible because after church is partying, and I suppose they don't wanna look like that church-freak inside a club. If you're that person doing this, please change because God is watching you in 3D.

- Photo obsession: I believe you'll agree with me that this one is mostly common amongst the ladies, everywhere they are, it automatically becomes a photo studio. i.e, toilet, kitchen, church, market, bedroom etc. A classy lady do not take 'selfies' everywhere like some depressed attention-seeker. That's why I like a guy's attitude, you can only find a guy changing his profile picture once in a blue moon, but ladies, it's anytime, everytime.

Listening to music and singing out the lyrics: No doubt, Most ladies are blessed with angelic voices, they can sing very well while others cant but often times, you'll find a lady listening to music with an ear-piece and singing out the lyrics to disturb the peace of others. I was travelling sometime ago in a shuttle and a particular lady was listening to music with her ear-piece, the music must have exceeded the normal decibel because the song was protruding loud from the ear-piece and another lady sitted close to her started singing the song loudly with her tolotolo voice, it seemed as though she wanted everyone to know she had a nice voice. She was singing the song so loud until the lady with the ear-piece had to stop playing the song. The other lady singing along was so ashamed of herself as she started blabbing her mouth before she finally stopped singing. I laughed inwardly that day and almost choked as a result of extreme laughter.

- Showing-off: For some reasons people think using big phones means they're in there but that philosophy is wrong. It's a good thing to use a smart-phone but it doesn't make you a big boy/girl. These days people from not-financially-stable families use even bigger phones, or so I say. It's funny seeing a lady using a phone worth 140k while her mother is in the village frying 'akara' beans cake. It's also annoying when I see someone change his/her phone whenever the brand him/her was using produces another version with just little differences. Some people have up to four smart phones and they make use of only one, what's now the need for the other three? Some people just need to swallow their pride and know that showing-off with a phone is annoying, silly and juvenine.

Feel free to add yours!!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by suzzyy(f): 11:22am On Dec 31, 2013
So tru and its so annoying. U ll call n call no answer
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2013
suzzyy: So tru and its so annoying. U ll call n call no answer
I'm glad you agreed.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Lionbite(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2013
Faking calls in public places
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by olahero(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2013
fake callinq, i use to it wen i am in a cr0wd but i gat to leave the place but n0 chance xcept to freak and lt it GO! It's ann0yinq?
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by samsard(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2013
I don't know your problem with people using tablets or smartphones as bible (I mean so long as calls don't come in while in church) there are obvious advantages to it. But, I must say that using a smart tab/phone in some churches may either not be allowed or may distract some people (ju-guys wey neva catch up).

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Smily202(m): 11:59am On Dec 31, 2013
Lionbite: Faking calls in public places

No b small....I tire for them oooh..
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by muba4huss(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
I hate calling with no reply....it really get me angry
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
samsard: I don't know your problem with people using tablets or smartphones as bible (I mean so long as calls don't come in while in church) there are obvious advantages to it. But, I must say that using a smart tab/phone in some churches may either not be allowed or may distract some people (ju-guys wey neva catch up).
You mean the same phone/tablet that has blue film on it?
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by brightnelly(f): 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
You mean the same phone/tablet that has blue film on it?
Am a bit confused here. Please brother, what is blue film?
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
Another one is:

- Lying with the phone: These days, the phone is the best and fastest way to tell a lie, some people would say 'i'll soon be there' whereas, they not even close. Or, I'm in the Uk when they're in the village. It's so annoying and pathetic.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
brightnelly:
Pörn videos.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Enegod(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
undecided
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Olugbenger(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
undecided
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by mirajune: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
I disagree wit d speaker thing. making or recieving long call tends to make one put it on speaker. Its not only old pple dat does dat.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Therock5555(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Another one na to dey carry their big television fones to go video or snap for occasions like burial and weddings. Like say the pple wey call camera man no get sense.

Last Bullet-See wetin sexuality section don turn my able skyscraper to. * runs to bring my Techno android* your demon must comot todaygrin
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
The rock5555: Another one na to dey carry their big television fones to go video or snap for occasions like burial and weddings. Like say the pple wey call camera man no get sense.

Last Bullet-See wetin sexuality section don turn my able skyscraper to. * runs to bring my Techno android* your demon must comot todaygrin
hehe.. I'm honoured bruv. My craze don reduce sef, you fit check my profile to read more baddest topics.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by aieromon(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Leaving the house without carrying the phone along: I don't know why people do this but it's very annoying. I hate it when I call somebody continuously and they don't answer the phone, I always have this impression that the person was avoiding my call, and when the person eventually calls back the same silly excuse is: ''I was not with my phone when you were calling.'' It's called a phone for a reason not a remote-control.

Its a habit thing for the elderly because they're not used to hugging the mobile device. Most times, the person was simply avoiding your call. Liars angry angry

Answering a call with loud-speaker: I thought only old-people do this maybe because they strain so hard to hear what the caller from the other end whenever they're answering a call, but recently I've discovered that even young people do it. I was walking down a street sometime ago and I saw this guy answering a call on loud-speaking, he was walking and had the phone on his hand down while talking with his mouth, that to me, was an epitome of a 'werey' mad man, and the guy didn't see anything wrong with it. A phone conversation should be a personal thing and not what the whole world could hear. However, there are some phones that are naturally loud without being put on loud-speaker. i.e nokia-toughlight phone, If you use this kindof phone please endeavour to reduce the volume to Level1.

Some people have problems with their devices and either have to use a handsfree or the inbuilt loudspeaker. You will also see people shouting into the phone because of microphone issues.

Using a phone as bible: This particular one is not only annoying to man but God. It amazes me how some people feels comfortable using their phone/tablet as a means of reading the scriptures. Are they so lazy that they couldn't go to church with a bible? Apparently, some people go to church without a bible because after church is partying, and I suppose they don't wanna look like that christian-freak in a club. If you're that person doing this, please change because God is watching you in 3D.

Leave that for God to judge. Its technology and you might have to embrace the change one way or the other. Remember the days of cybercafes and sending letters through the post office? Let it slide.

Photo obsession: I believe you'll agree with me that this one is mostly common amongst the ladies, everywhere they are, it automatically becomes a photo studio. i.e, toilet, kitchen, church, market, bedroom etc. A classy lady do not take 'selfies' everywhere like some depressed attention-seeker. That's why I like a guy's attitude, you can only find a guy changing his profile picture once in a blue moon, but ladies, it's anytime, everytime.

You can't change these set of people. I had a friend in school back then who split his allowance and dedicated 50% to snapping pictures. Now, all he needs to do is buy a camera phone and snap away. Go to Instagram and see guys posing away.

Listening to music and singing out the lyrics: No doubt, Most ladies are blessed with angelic voices, they can sing very well while others cant but often times, you'll find a lady listening to music with an ear-piece and singing out the lyrics to disturb the peace of others. I was travelling sometime ago in a shuttle and a particular lady was listening to music with her ear-piece, the music must have exceeded the normal decibel because the song was protruding loud from the ear-piece and another lady sitted close to her started singing the song loudly with her tolotolo voice, it seemed as though she wanted everyone to know she had a nice voice. She was singing the song so loud until the lady with the ear-piece had to stop playing the song. The other lady singing along was so ashamed of herself as she started blabbing her mouth before she finally stopped singing. I laughed inwardly that day and almost choked as a result of extreme laughter.

Very funny.

Showing-off: For some reasons people think using big phones means they're in there but that philosophy is wrong. It's a good thing to use a smart-phone but it doesn't mean you're a big boy/girl. These days people from not-financially-stable families use even bigger phones, or so I say. It's funny seeing a lady using a phone worth 140k while her mother is in the village frying 'akara' beans cake. It's also annoying when I see someone change his/her phone whenever the brand him/her was using produces another version with just little differences. Some people have up to four smart phones and they make use of only one, what's now the need for the other three? Some people just need to swallow their pride and know that showing-off with a phone is annoying, silly and juvenine.

It only becomes an issue when they ask me for financial assistance. Everybody is entitled to live his/her life to the fullest.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by aieromon(m): 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
The rock5555: Another one na to dey carry their big television fones to go video or snap for occasions like burial and weddings. Like say the pple wey call camera man no get sense.

This is pretty annoying. You always see battle of the tablets whenever its time to take pictures. angry angry
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by aieromon(m): 2:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Another one is:

- Lying with the phone: These days, the phone is the best and fastest way to tell a lie, some people would say 'i'll soon be there' whereas, they not even close. Or, I'm in the Uk when they're in the village. It's so annoying and pathetic.

This has made lying very convenient unlike the days of the table phone. Very annoying angry angry
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by mickonzo112: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:

- Leaving the house without carrying the phone along: I don't know why people do this but it's very annoying. I hate it when I call somebody continuously and they don't answer the phone, I always have this impression that the person was avoiding my call, and when the person eventually calls back the same silly excuse is: ''I was not with my phone when you were calling.'' It's called a phone for a reason not a remote-control.

How does ''I was not with my phone when you were calling.'' mean the person forgot his phone? There are times you'll be so busy, you won't even know where your phone is.

- Using a phone as bible: This particular one is not only annoying to man but God. It amazes me how some people feels comfortable using their phone/tablet as a means of reading the scriptures. Are they so lazy that they couldn't go to church with a bible? Apparently, some people go to church without a bible because after church is partying, and I suppose they don't wanna look like that christian-freak in a club. If you're that person doing this, please change because God is watching you in 3D.

Seems you are fond of doing this

- Photo obsession: I believe you'll agree with me that this one is mostly common amongst the ladies, everywhere they are, it automatically becomes a photo studio. i.e, toilet, kitchen, church, market, bedroom etc. A classy lady do not take 'selfies' everywhere like some depressed attention-seeker. That's why I like a guy's attitude, you can only find a guy changing his profile picture once in a blue moon, but ladies, it's anytime, everytime.

I hate this one. I know a guy who does this. Changes dp every 10mins

- Showing-off: For some reasons people think using big phones means they're in there but that philosophy is wrong. It's a good thing to use a smart-phone but it doesn't mean you're a big boy/girl. These days people from not-financially-stable families use even bigger phones, or so I say. It's funny seeing a lady using a phone worth 140k while her mother is in the village frying 'akara' beans cake. It's also annoying when I see someone change his/her phone whenever the brand him/her was using produces another version with just little differences. Some people have up to four smart phones and they make use of only one, what's now the need for the other three? Some people just need to swallow their pride and know that showing-off with a phone is annoying, silly and juvenine.

I will not totally agree with you on this. As much as I detest buying an expensive phone just to claim "big boy", there are people who are gadget freaks. My former colleague for example has used about 6 phones this year alone (Not exaggerating). Engadget is his browser homepage. He's one of the few people I trust their reviews
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by LaRochelle(f): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
E be like say una never see tin wey don annoy you wella. Just imagine being on a bus, having a headache and you want to quickly get to your destination (which you're still far from) when a co-passenger's (let's say D) phone rings. It is already annoying that the phone's ringtone is very loud and irritating (like "chinko" phones). It becomes super annoying when D puts his phone on loud speaker; and you begin to hear "phone waves" (if there's anything like that)...but guess what?...that's not all. It now becomes MEGA ANNOYING when "Yaba left" D starts screaming/shouting/yelling into the phone. For goodness sake, must one scream on the phone to pass one's message across?? It has happened to me on some occasions and I can assure you it's one heck of annoying rubbish. If it was English now, it may have been tolerable but most times, it's native languages.

Please, people that do it (no matter your frigging level of annoyance) should learn to have "compassion" on their neighbours.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Olamyyde(m): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
I don't think using a phone as a bible is wrong
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Chimaritoponcho: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happen or it didnt pictures
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chimaritoponcho: Happen or it didnt pictures
Na picture of wetin you wan see?
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by puskin: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
aieromon:

This has made lying very convenient unlike the days of the table phone. Very annoying angry angry

Ehen........any problem with that. cool
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by iykofias(m): 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Using a tab as bible aint wrong, pastor chris does it
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by ITbomb(m): 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
@OP did you say you call continuously ?
I hate those kind of people .
Some people may be too busy or in an inappropriate place or just not in the mood to answer calls .
For me , I call the first time you don't pick ; I assume you were far from the phone , and you might look at it as some flash so I call back.
I call the second time and you don't pick ; I assume your position is not good and probably be thinking of finding a good place to call/flash back, so I give you some time.
I call the third time after a while and you don't pick ; I assume you are not with the phone or not just in a mood so FINALLY , I send you a text and move on .
Don't assume everybody is a phone - clutching, anxiously-expecting-call person .
Phone was made for man not man for phone .
No one is under obligation to answer your every call , send text instead if it is so urgent.
I hate to come to my phone and see 8 missed calls all from the same person.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
brightnelly:

Blue film.. As in blue screen na
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by skyscraperTM(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
ITbomb: @OP did you say you call continuously ?
I hate those kind of people .
Some people may be too busy or in an inappropriate place or just not in the mood to answer calls .
For me , I call the first time you don't pick ; I assume you were far from the phone , and you might look at it as some flash so I call back.
I call the second time and you don't pick ; I assume your position is not good and probably be thinking of finding a good place to call/flash back, so I give you some time.
I call the third time after a while and you don't pick ; I assume you are not with the phone or not just in a mood so FINALLY , I send you a text and move on .
Don't assume everybody is a phone - clutching, anxiously-expecting-call person .
Phone was made for man not man for phone .
No one is under obligation to answer your every call , send text instead if it is so urgent.
I hate to come to my phone and see 8 missed calls all from the same person.
Same here. I don't usually call someone more than three times in a row. What I meant was, haven to call someone continuously (once in a while) and they keep giving the same old excuse that they were not with their phone. The person may be lying or not, but either ways, it's annoying.
Re: Annoying Things People Do With Their Phones by Therock5555(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
hehe.. I'm honoured bruv. My craze don reduce sef, you fit check my profile to read more baddest topics.

Lolz u don craze finish. Ehen is sombody forgetting the fact that pple go dey press fone when u dey talk to them, its annoying or some pple chatting on social networks inside church, how wish God dey comot pple service bar inside church, things for better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel's 4GB For N1,500 Promo Resumed / Any Android App That Can Record Videos As You Are Watching It In Your Phone / Hot: Get 300MB Plus N2,400 On MTN For Just N30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.