Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,390 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. (1600 Views)

Beans Lovers Come In / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Peeling Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. by Amopeekun(f): 11:20am On Dec 31, 2013
It is new year tomorrow and i decided to share this with you guys. Some people may like, 'beans, of all foods?' Yes, beans.
I love beans! With dodo,it is just superb, especially ewa oloyin (the sweet brown beans). I got married and almost gave up eating my beans! Why? Hubby purges seriously when he eats it. A spoonful can make him have a revisit to the white house. I was worried, trust me. I mean, beans is like the cheapest and most available source of protein here and raising your children without it, well, i don't know and of course,i wouldn't get to share eating it with him. So, i tried some varieties- beans porridge with lots of dodo and efirin (scent leaves), ordinary beans with stew but none helped. I even encouraged him to eat it with bread or gari, believing these two would stop the running stool,but no way. I gave up trying to make him eat but as soon as he got out of town,haba, sharp sharp, i resumed duty.
Then early this year, ewa oloyin became scarce. The white beans in the market was badly affected by last year's flood and i couldn't get to eat beans. It was not right but i managed. New beans came and still no brown beans. The brown beans i got was not oloyin and it was very expensive. So, i gave up. Surprisingly, my husband suggested i tried the white beans. Now, it is not as if i had not eaten the white beans before, at least it was the most common one back in the days but it's been long i took it. So, i bought some, made a porridge, fried plantain and even offered my husband some. And he ate it! It was little though. And he did not go to the toilet! He was surprised too. I thought it was a fluke. The following weekend, we ate the white beans and he still did not visit the toilet. Hurray! And again and again and again. And now, he is a perfect beans eater!
I GET TO EAT BEANS WITH MY FAMILY! HURRAY!!
Beans is a food rich in protein and when prepared with palm oil, dried fish and/or dried crayfish with a little salt, it is perfect for growing children. You may also enjoy it with dodo, bread, gari, yam or corn,if you are not diabetic. So, go into the new year and enjoy your beans anytime. Wishing all of us the best of health in the year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 Like

Re: Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. by Teegurlee(f): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2014
Well,gud for u! I'm nt a fan of beans but I wil b eating more of it dis year. I'm trying to shed some fat and beans is one of d food to help me out. I'v been on a low-carb diet 4 some time bt av nt been eating beans. D things I eat these days are unripe plantain,vegetable,fruit and wheat. I plan to cook beans tomorrow,I just pray I don't waste it.
Re: Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. by Amopeekun(f): 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ Tee-gurlee, you won't waste it. Cook little and accompany it with any nice food on your plan e.g , boiled unripe plantain and vegetables. Good luck and happy new year.
Re: Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. by Teegurlee(f): 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
^^^
I wish u d same. I think I wil try it with unripe plantain. Thanks and av a lovely 2014.
Re: Eating Your Beans Right In The New Year. by asumo12: 1:10pm On May 15, 2015
I wish u d same. I think I wil try it with unripe plantain. Thanks and av a lovely 2014.

(1) (Reply)

Photo The Most Expensive Meat In The World Cost $3,200 - CNN / What Food Can You Cook Very Well? / Do You Eat Swallow With Cutlery Or Hand? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.