Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... - Education (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (823881 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2014/2015 HND Admission Process / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 National Diploma Admission List Is Out!!! / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by thelma76(f): 2:06am On Nov 16, 2014
HouseOfBalloons:

I heard they will defer you guys admission to next year. I'm not sure though
[quote author=HouseOfBalloons post=28067979]
Hmm thats whats expected sha.Sigh...Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2014
thelma76:
Hi everyone,I recently gained admission to UI,was invited for the clearance as well,paid the acceptance fee and all,got to love garden for my clearance,submitted my docs but i wasn't given my "authority to pay",Though i saw it in my file.This is,because,i turned 16 on the 25th of October,24days late according to the age policy in UI.I was assured ,my admission is still valid too.I was told to come back on the 15th of December as regards the issue,can anyone,A UITE preferably, please tell me what my chances are ,of keeping the admission?

I suppose they want the senate to convene and deliberate on some issues like this one. The senate will decide if you'll be allowed to get the final clearance. But legally, you're not qualified for the admission because admission guideline stipulates that candidates must have clocked 16yrs of age on or before 1st of october. If that rule is broken, then other rules should be broken as well.

In case you were invited and quizzed, on the day they asked you to come back, you could humor them by saying you were born pre-maturely on 29th of september actually, but your mum decided to use your Expected Date of Delivery(EDD-25th oct) as your D.O.B

There's nothing a good humor can't do! smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Bukkiminat(f): 7:28am On Nov 16, 2014
codedmelvin:
A Big Dream Keeps You Awake For The Rest Of Your
Life........Happy Birthday To Melvin,all I ask of the Lord is
Long Life and Devine Wisdom

happy birthday bro + how are we going to celebrate it naw?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by thelma76(f): 8:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Marc9:

I suppose they want the senate to convene and deliberate on some issues like this one. The senate will decide if you'll be allowed to get the final clearance. But legally, you're not qualified for the admission because admission guideline stipulates that candidates must have clocked 16yrs of age on or before 1st of october. If that rule is broken, then other rules should be broken as well.
In case you were invited and quizzed, on the day they asked you to come back, you could humor them by saying you were born pre-maturely on 29th of september actually, but your mum decided to use your Expected Date of Delivery(EDD-25th oct) as your D.O.B
There's nothing a good humor can't do! smiley

LOL! Thats a good one ,i agree,made me forget the situation on board for a minute! Thanks though.I'd just hope and pray it goes well and if not,lool UI again next year,for the third time,people would think i'm crazy though! Just doing this cos i still have time,should have done A-levels at first,think dat would have been better then D.E to UI.,sigh,well no time for "had i known"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by geedot: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2014
codedmelvin:
Coldedmelfin happy birthday!!! Long life and prosperity.. Wish you all the best Life has to offer...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by geedot: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2014
thelma76:

LOL! Thats a good one ,i agree,made me forget the situation on board for a minute! Thanks though.I'd just hope and pray it goes well and if not,lool UI again next year,for the third time,people would think i'm crazy though! Just doing this cos i still have time,should have done A-levels at first,think dat would have been better then D.E to UI.,sigh,well no time for "had i known"
"Third time"?
And what course were you admitted for?
And i think there's still some kinda tiny hope, cos a girl i witnessed during mine was clearly told at the spot that she couldn't be offered admission because this girl was gonna clock 16years of age on the 17th of Nov..
The difference between you two is that you've clocked 16 before your clearance while she hadn't..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by benstuber(m): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Adedayo516:
Like I said I don't now much about this program.. Check the internet. I would try get you some info though, but you've got to do some research yourself.
I'm trying but I wld use sme of ur hlp,thanks 4 d info,pls hlp me search...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by HouseOfBalloons(f): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
thelma76:

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 4:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
hope it's not coming late...... Codedmelvin, happy birthday, God will see u through ur yrs in UI WLLNP.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by haydex10000: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
PrinceCEE:
hope it's not coming late...... Codedmelvin, happy birthday, God will see u through ur yrs in UI WLLNP.

prince...pls wat course were u given
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
codedmelvin:
happy birthday mahn!.....llnp Your days shall surpass that of Metusela. #IJN

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by thelma76(f): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
geedot:
"Third time"?
And what course were you admitted for?
And i think there's still some kinda tiny hope, cos a girl i witnessed during mine was clearly told at the spot that she couldn't be offered admission because this girl was gonna clock 16years of age on the 17th of Nov..
The difference between you two is that you've clocked 16 before your clearance while she hadn't..

Yes third time,thats if i write again...wrote the first last yr when i was 14/15yrs old ,next was this year,and if i write again next yr,that wud be the third time.Archaeology btw
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2014
Good morning guys, have been following the page for sometime now with the intention of getting accustomed with UI admission guideline. Am actually putting in for dentistry next year. But just something caught my attention not quite long ago. Its the admission quota for dentistry. I know 220 choose it but i can only see 19 being admitted in merit list. Does that mean only 19 qualified for the course during the post ume exercise or they are going randomly thus letting candidate kismet to decide. I would be very greatful to anybody who can shed more light on this. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:
Good morning guys, have been following the page for sometime now with the intention of getting accustomed with UI admission guideline. Am actually putting in for dentistry next year. But just something caught my attention not quite long ago. Its the admission quota for dentistry. I know 220 choose it but i can only see 19 being admitted in merit list. Does that mean only 19 qualified for the course during the post ume exercise or they are going randomly thus letting candidate kismet to decide. I would be very greatful to anybody who can shed more light on this. Thanks in anticipation.
only 19 people got above the cut off mark.however, some guys that had 78-75 in medicine were given dentistry though.the last time my friend, XavierG was the 25th person on the list .

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:

Sir, the 19 that was admitted reached and passed the cutoff mark for dentistry. Nothing is done randomly. Just get a score past the stipulated cutoff and you'll be admitted.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 6:59am On Nov 17, 2014
XavierG:

Sir, the 19 that was admitted reached and passed the cutoff mark for dentistry. Nothing is done randomly. Just get a score past the stipulated cutoff and you'll be admitted.

ok sir, what about a situation where the number of people qualified surpassed quota. How does UI treat such situation.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 7:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Preciousjoz:
only 19 people got above the cut off mark.however, some guys that had 78-75 in medicine were given dentistry though.the last time my friend, XavierG was the 25th person on the list .
thank you very much maam.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:
I know 220 choose it but i can only see 19 being admitted in merit list. Does that mean only 19 qualified for the course during the post ume exercise or they are going randomly thus letting candidate kismet to decide. I would be very greatful to anybody who can shed more light on this. Thanks in anticipation.

Quota must not be exceeded, but it can be under-utilized when admitting candidates.

Besides, you only knw about 19 candidates because they made the 1st batch which was published. But there are likely 6 more candidates who also made the 2nd batch but wasn't published. And if they weren't, I supposed some candidates would fill up the quota in 200level either through D.E or Cross-over after 100level.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:
ok sir, what about a situation where the number of people qualified surpassed quota. How does UI treat such situation.

I won't possibly know.
They usually increase the cutoff, if that situation arises
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by olayemi726: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
pls house i was admitted tru direct entry into university of ibadan pls wen ar we resumin, hw much is d school fees, ad is it a most to stay in d school hostel
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
XavierG:

I won't possibly know.
They usually increase the cutoff, if that situation arises
So, if i may say. There is a chance of having the cut off for BDS higher than MBBS.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by geedot: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:
So, if i may say. There is a chance of having the cut off for BDS higher than MBBS.
cut-offs re strictly based on students performance!
And about ur question, the probability that such could happen is very low, cos more candidates put in for MBBS than any other courses, consequently making the competition stiff.. And judging by this year's statistics of students performance, Top (6) highest marks re all MBBS..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:

I don't think so, because MBBS has more aspirants than us.

It won't happen.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
olayemi726:
pls house i was admitted tru direct entry into university of ibadan pls wen ar we resumin, hw much is d school fees, ad is it a most to stay in d school hostel
1stly hope u've done ur clearance? I guess school fees ranges btwn[(17k-25k),nt so sure abt dat doe]... And lastly,its not compulsory to stay in d school hostel.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
XavierG:

I don't think so, because MBBS has more aspirants than us.

It won't happen.
US! I take it that you are a dentistry student.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by olayemi726: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
i hav done d clearance i think is d one dat all my document were screened ad i was given a slip dat guarantee me to pay bt wen ar we resuming to skul
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
Khan1993:
US! I take it that you are a dentistry student.

Yes Sir. I got admitted along with preciousjoz
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Khan1993: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
XavierG:

Yes Sir. I got admitted along with preciousjoz
ok sir.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Packup(m): 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
I cant see my originalteller again.....was it ask for ?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by haydex10000: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
olamidey.....wat course were u given
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by olamidey3(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
haydex10000:
olamidey.....wat course were u given
I'm not given addmision
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by RoyalBlak007: 5:27am On Nov 18, 2014
Packup:
I cant see my originalteller again.....was it ask for ?
guy hw far,u dn du ur clearance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (680) (Reply)

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.