Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? (9940 Views)

Mtn Nigeria Tariff Plans And The Best For You Mtn Trutalk?( Strickly 4 Businees / MTN Re-launches TruTalk That Allows you To Call 11 Numbers At Cheaper Price / How Do I Register Two Numbers For You&me Mtn Trutalk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by HiDee2(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
After so long on the now scrapped F&F plan on MTN, I recently switched to Trutalk, loaded N200 and was given N300 bonus, I then went on to register my two M2U numbers (*380*1*MTN Number#) and got confirmation that the numbers have been registered.

Only for me to start making calls. See me, se gbege, after a while, I noticed that when I make calls to my two registered M2U numbers, MTN deducted from my main account as against the bonus they willing gave me themselves (abi, I beg them to give me before ni).

I called MTN Customer Care severally to complain and all they had to say was "sorry, it was a mistake", another agent said, "sorry, for now, you can't use your M2U bonus to call numbers that were on your old F&F plan (even though the plan no longer exists)".

Na im I tire o, I con been dey wonder.

Now my fellow Nairalanders, my questions are:

1. I am the only one this broad day cheating/intentional misinformation has happened to? I doubt.

2. Why didn't they tell customers all the conditions attached before asking us to switch plans (and sometimes, they even go ahead to switch our plans themselves without warning customers prior)?

3. What steps are the NCC, Customer Protection Agency and other relevant Government Agencies taking to STOP these rip offs of Nigerians by these cunning telecomms companies?

4. Shey na like this e go dey go?

Happy New Year, my people (that's in less than 6 hrs)

1 Like

Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Anomnity: 10:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
The scam is sure.You aren't alone.They'll clearly indicate you've been awarded bonus and yet they deduct from your main account!!.....and yes all these are done in broad daylight.Sameway Glo stole our precious data bonus here https://www.nairaland.com/1544852/glo-wiped-away-all-bounce
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Innoxxacs: 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Every little thing you ignorant guys will start to raise SCAM SCAM ALERT!! Have you even for one day enquired either from MTN website, customer Care, twitter or Facebook handle? NO because you want to come up here to create nuisance.
Well I just Hope a little briefing will do you more Good, before this thread will be locked and Hidden.
The MTN true talk best friend's free credit isn't a scam. It's for only those who have registered it.
To register, only two numbers can be registered. Dial from an MTN SIM [b]on MTN TRUETALK prepaid tariff plan ONLY[b/] *380*1*the mtn number you want to register# then send.(you can do this only on two MTN numbers) TO remove a number dial *380*2*number you want to remove# (remember it's chargeable either 100 or 50 naira) I USED TO BE ON THIS PLAN BUT I GUESS MY 15MB ON MTN PULSE IS MORE VALUABLE THAN 300NAIRA[For MTN 2 MTN calls]. Currently I have that bonus[400] and I know IT'S NOT A SCAM!!!
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Anomnity: 3:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Innoxxacs: Every little thing you ignorant guys will start to raise SCAM SCAM ALERT!! Have you even for one day enquired either from MTN website, customer Care, twitter or Facebook handle? NO because you want to come up here to create nuisance.
Well I just Hope a little briefing will do you more Good, before this thread will be locked and Hidden.
The MTN true talk best friend's free credit isn't a scam. It's for only those who have registered it.
To register, only two numbers can be registered. Dial from an MTN SIM [b]on MTN TRUETALK prepaid tariff plan ONLY[b/] *380*1*the mtn number you want to register# then send.(you can do this only on two MTN numbers) TO remove a number dial *380*2*number you want to remove# (remember it's chargeable either 100 or 50 naira) I USED TO BE ON THIS PLAN BUT I GUESS MY 15MB ON MTN PULSE IS MORE VALUABLE THAN 300NAIRA[For MTN 2 MTN calls]. Currently I have that bonus[400] and I know IT'S NOT A SCAM!!!
Mr man have you tried that code of recent? what do you mean by creating nuisance.If you claim that stuff still works then you are probably lying.People are laying genuine complaints & you dare to call them nuisance & if you get insulted back you'll claim right.I refuse to thread so low to trade insults.

1 Like

Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Deblow: 3:44am On Jan 01, 2014
This Innoxxacs of a guy is a misfit in the forum of decent pple. Otherwise, why should u just saunter into someone else's thread made up of genuine complaints to say they are constituting a nuisance if you urself are not the chief nuisance! You are nothing but an uncultured tout...agbero..that's what u are! And in ur unsolicited 'tutorial' on how to make use of mtn M2U, u ended up making a big fool of urself because the procedure u gave isn't any different from the one taken by the thread owner and complainant so, ur instructions are inconsequential! Get urself trained in the art of commenting in the midst of decent gentlemen plsssss! Mscheeeeew!
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Innoxxacs: 8:10am On Jan 01, 2014
Deblow: This Innoxxacs of a guy is a misfit in the forum of decent pple. Otherwise, why should u just saunter into someone else's thread made up of genuine complaints to say they are constituting a nuisance if you urself are not the chief nuisance! You are nothing but an uncultured tout...agbero..that's what u are! And in ur unsolicited 'tutorial' on how to make use of mtn M2U, u ended up making a big fool of urself because the procedure u gave isn't any different from the one taken by the thread owner and complainant so, ur instructions are inconsequential! Get urself trained in the art of commenting in the midst of decent gentlemen plsssss! Mscheeeeew!
I DON'T HAVE YOUR TIME.
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by Innoxxacs: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2014
Anomnity:
Mr man have you tried that code of recent? what do you mean by creating nuisance.
no offense..... Because I used It few weeks ago before changing my tariff plan. OP TRY IT. It works, only for the registered numbers. Only on MTN TRUETALK. Once more I meant no harm.
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by AskProf: 9:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Innoxxacs: no offense..... Because I used It few weeks ago before changing my tariff plan. OP TRY IT. It works, only for the registered numbers. Only on MTN TRUETALK. Once more I meant no harm.

A few weeks ago in this technology age is a long long time... Next time, pls update urself.
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by HiDee2(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Innoxxacs: Every little thing you ignorant guys will start to raise SCAM SCAM ALERT!! Have you even for one day enquired either from MTN website, customer Care, twitter or Facebook handle? NO because you want to come up here to create nuisance.

@Innoxxacs: Did u read d "memo"? I don't think so. Next time, dont be quick to wag ur tongue like a foot and mouth disease stricken goat! U dnt go out insulting pple like dt, esp wen u dnt udastnd d issue at hand....

For ur info, i had alrdy done some of d steps u noted (u even got d steps wrong, aproko-kill-u), i registerd d nos as instruted, spoke wit dir agents severally n yet no change...

Perhaps its a program failure or smtng, one of dir agents sugested dat hersef. she also did say dt i wasnt d only customer wit dt issue wit d bonus acct... i jst wnder y dy r yet to fix d prbm till now...

So, nxt time, use dt brain in ur head n stop carryin it abt like a log of wood.. if u dnt v a solutn, dnt insult pple. one love
Re: MTN Trutalk M2U Bonus: Big Subtle Scam? by HiDee2(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
Deblow: This Innoxxacs of a guy is a misfit in the forum of decent pple. Otherwise, why should u just saunter into someone else's thread made up of genuine complaints to say they are constituting a nuisance if you urself are not the chief nuisance! You are nothing but an uncultured tout...agbero..that's what u are! And in ur unsolicited 'tutorial' on how to make use of mtn M2U, u ended up making a big fool of urself because the procedure u gave isn't any different from the one taken by the thread owner and complainant so, ur instructions are inconsequential! Get urself trained in the art of commenting in the midst of decent gentlemen plsssss! Mscheeeeew!

Tanx bro...

(1) (Reply)

MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine / Itel 1516plus Has The Slowest Charging Technology / Apple Unveils The Iphone 8, iphone 8+ and iPhone X(PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.