Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Watch Night Service Craze!!!! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Watch Night Service Craze!!!! (519 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Night Service Craze!!!! by joshadem: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
What surprised me yesterday was the way everybody was rushing and running just to be at the church service that leads to the New Year. The market women quickly closed their shops except for the “let me make a little more money type”
Even those who have not put their feet in church for the whole year ran to church just to be part of the grand once a year service that takes us into the new year. Some people who cannot attend churches took comfortable position in sheer attentiveness to the loudspeakers of churches close to them.
Churches that are usually less populated were filled to the brim (non xtians were also present)
The traffic was terrible but subsided absolutely few minutes to midnight. Every human being is now sober somewhere. The bad, the good, and the ugly were in church yesterday.
So I started to wonder what this is all about. I thought; this can’t be just to shout HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Some came for prayers, prophetic utterances, declarations, confessions (don’t forget some Naija Nigas came to steal phones, babes etc.)
Then I felt this kind of perpetual peace in the atmosphere. How beautiful the world can be if we can all return to God in soberness and expectation to hear and receive from our maker? How peaceful things can be? The atmosphere at that period was pacific.
Then suddenly I heard this booming sound from all around the corner. “HAPPY NEW YEAR”!!!
Rejoicing was in the air. The kind of warmness of the heart was unexplainable. Knockouts and fireworks blasting everywhere. Shouting of all kinds. Jumping around
Before you say Jack Robinson, the church area has been depopulated. Some returned to drinks, some brothels to carry babes. In fact, the commercial sex workers were close to church premises as the target market there was attractive.
People return to their old ways. New year, same people. The year changed, but the people had a temporary change just before they went back to what they were last year. HNNN……
My question is what exactly does THE CROSS-OVER SERVICE mean to you?
I know there are different perspectives to answering this question. Please share your view

(1) (Reply)

CHEES Event Managers / 2014 HAMPERS / Mega Praise Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.