Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,889 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT (3962 Views)

Pix:nigerian Student Charged In Advance Email Scam Is In Custody In Dallas $740 / Yahoo Email Scam? / Atm Interswitch Scam! Be Carefull (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
First of all happy new year my dear nairalanders. I have been receiving some emails from an unknown girl who claims to be from seirra leone by name Juliet thiara that claims her family was murdered and she flee to Senegal for refuge and needs a foreign friend to transfer her inheritance amounting to $5.5M if u received such mail ignore and delete I will send screenshots for prove. I don't like online dating and don't trust to easily so I consulted my best friend (google.com) which gave exact mails I got from the supposed orphan(mindless lifter) that she wants me to keep the knowledge a secret cos her life is astake.
So sudscribe grab a seat while I upload the screenshots of both mine and from the I got through my friend (google)
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
SCREENMUNCHES BELOW
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Thank you for responding to my message. My Name is Juliet David Thiara, A young girl of 25 years from Sierra Leone,west Africa.I am single, never married.I came from a responsible family where I was showered with love and great concern.My Late father David Thiara was an adviser to the president of my country on political matters,and a very successful business man,We had a very happy family that was united with undying Love.We were preparing to celebrate My late father's birth day,When Rebels attacked our home one early morning and killed every member of my family in cold blood.

I managed to escape death by sheer stroke of luck,and made my way to (Senegal) where I am presently Residing in their refugee camp here in (Dakar)Through the help of Pastor Reuben James.I happened to be the only one from my family who survived this attack and cruel death.
I was in the second year in the university as a Law student before this incident happened and I ran for my dear life.

I will still go back to continue with my Education as soon as I organize my self and settle things.you know! age and distance can't be a barrier or a problem in a true love relationship.I will love to know your Hobbies,things that turn you on and things that you hate. My own hobbies are: Music and reading books. I also love taking care of little kids.
I have attached my picture for you,and hope to hear from you soonest.
Please,I will look forward to reading your mail soonest.
Juliet

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by mike404(m): 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
THE GUY NA LEARNER
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by warrenweste(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
mike404: THE GUY NA LEARNER

Lol as in confirm one
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
My Dear Friend,
How is your health?hope everything is alright,and actually I was really excited to read your reply to my last message. I know that you will love to know more about  me. I am sorry may be, I am disturbing you,i choose you because my spirit accept you, but I will love you to listen to me and consider my submission,  Like i told you, i am residing presently here in Dakar Senegal Church camp which took responsibility of harboring refugees for humanity, unlike some lucky ones among us, i don't have any relatives now whom i can go to, all  my  relatives disappeared in the middle of the war, the only person i know here now is REV. REUBEN JAMES, who is a pastor of (church of Christ mission)here in the refugee camp.

I told the Reverend Father about my situation and he permitted me to access my email with his office computer when ever he is less busy with it He has been very helpful to me since I came here, he treats me as one of his daughters.
 But, I am not living with him, I am living in the women hostel because the camp has two hostels, one for men,another for women. My dear, situation can change the life of a man within a very short time as i used to live comfortably with my family not knowing of this wicked future awaiting me, the only thing that gives me hope to forge on is GOD, for keeping me alive till date, i know he has a plan for me.

I would really love to speak with you on the phone but unfortunately, i do not own a cell phone here, the only way you can reach me on the phone is through the pastor's phone, his telephone number is  (+221-771-249-933)his e-mail address is (revrrenrubenjames@yahoo.com)  If you call and tell him that you want to speak with Juliet he will send for me in the hostel to answer your call. As a refugee here, the law makes it very difficult for us as we are denied of our normal rights or privilege to any thing legal, be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country. I want to go back to my studies because i was only attending my second year in the university as a law student before the tragic incident that led to my being in this situation now.

I know that our friendship have not lasted but a problem shared is half solved and the urgency of the issue i want to reveal to you propelled me to voice out this confidential matter to you but please and please, try and make it a top secret to only yourself as you are the only one and the Pastor i have ever revealing this matter to and i hope i can trust you on it. I have my late father's death certificate and deposit certificate here with me which i will send to you later because My late father deposited some amount of money in a very progressive bank in Europe when he was alive and used my name as the next of kin to the deposit which amounted to $5.500,000.(FIVE MILLION AND FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY)So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account. My intention is that once the money is released to you, you can send some money for me to get my freedom permit, traveling documents and air ticket to come over to your country and start a new life.

Like i said earlier, i will like you to keep this matter to yourself alone as i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people around here get to know about it. This is one major reason why i have chosen to reveal this matter to a stranger(foreigner but a new true friend) and not people around me. Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i am reposing on you which i am sure you will not betray.i will give you the bank details in your next mail when i get a positives return from you I like honest and understanding people, truthful and focused, and hardworking man.Please, try and call me, so that I can hear your voice.
I am desperately waiting to hear from you.
Your Love Juliet

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hello, my darling,
How are you today? Hope fine. Thank you for your understanding, I appreciates everything you have done and still doing to ensure I lives more beautiful,peace and comfortable life in your home God bless you.dear i cant do that because of my situation over hear that is why the bank advice me to seek a foreign partner   Honey please  try and send this e-mail to the bank. Here's what you'll copy and send to the bank. You will add your name and you copy and send to the bank. The bank will advise on the best way you can transfer this money in your account.

Standard Chartered Bank Plc
01 Aldermanbury Square,
London, EC2V 7SB,
UK

Transfer Agent
Mr Oxford mcmoris

Hopefully this email finds you in good health. I am Mr. ................
I am from. ............ ... I am a foreign partner to Miss Juliet David Thiara gave me this information to the caller to verify the existence of his fathers ultimately in your deceased father bank.That is commonly known as Dr. David Thiara a deposit of U.S. $ 5.5 million. with account no SCB/IO/45121/0055478-541/2004 your bank.
Next of kin: Miss  Juliet David Thiara .

Sir can you please confirm that account and give me the procedure needed to undergo to get this money transferred to my account

Faithfully yours ...........................
 Bank Email: standardchareteredbank@englandmail.com
               chareteredbnkstandard@europe.com

Phone Number:::: 0044 708 646 5839 / 0044 708 646 5821

I think I must stop here and wait to hear from you soon.
Bye and have a good day.
Yours in Love
Miss Juliet.

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK PLC LONDON.
 01 Aldermanbury Square, London, EC2V 7SB,"United Kingdom".
   Fund Deposit File No.PS101454/SCB/79 refers.

31/12/2013

FOR YOUR  KIND  ATTENTION

Mr, Lawrence

I have been directed by the director of Foreign Operation/Wire Transfer to write you in respect to the mail which we have received. Actually, we have earlier been told about you by the young lady Miss Juliet David Thiara that she wishes you to be her trustee /representative for the claim of her late father's deposit with our bank.Late Dr. David Thiara. is our late customer with account no.SCB/IO/45121/0055478-541/2004 substantial amount(US\$5,500,000.00) of deposit with us. Hence you have been really appointed as a trustee to represent the next of Kin.However before our bank will transact any business concerning the transfer of the fund with you, we will like you to send the followings:

1.A power of attorney and affidavit of oath permitting you to claim and transfer the funds to your bank account on her behalf. Note:This Power of attorney must be endorsed by a Senegalese resident lawyer (since the money is originated from Africa and the Girl is Currently residing in Senegal).
2.The death certificate of late Dr. David Thiara (Her deceased father) confirming the death.
3.A copy of Deposit Certificate of the account issued to Dr. David Thiara by our bank.
Note that the above are compulsory, and are needed to protect our interest,yours,the next of kin after the claims. These shall also ensure that a smooth,quick and successful transfer of the fund will be make within 48hours at reception of these documents. Also you have to send your account information which will facilitate this fund as soon as these documents are been provided.

Therefore You have to present these documents to our bank to enable us wire the fund (US\$5,500,000.00 ) into your account. We promise to give our customers the best of our services. Should you have any question(s),please contact foreign transfer officer Mr. Oxford Mcmoris on telephone number
+44 708 646 5839 / +44 708 646 5821.fax more directives/clarifications.
Yours Faithfully,
Mr. Oxford Mcmoris
(Foreign Operation/Wire Transfer Dept).
(excl. bank holidays)
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Information contained and transmitted by this E-mail is proprietary to
Standard Bank Plc and/or its Customer and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is privileged, confidential or exempt from a disclosure under applicable law.
Standard Bank Plc shall not be liable for any mails sent without due
authorization or through unauthorized access. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, copying or dissemination of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,please
delete this mail and notify us immediately at;standardchareteredbank@englandmail.com.

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
When I received the earlier msg I sent the bank a msg which they never replied.
Suspect 1:
Standard Chartered Bank Plc
01 Aldermanbury Square,
London, EC2V 7SB,
UK

Transfer Agent
Mr Oxford mcmoris
"A power of attorney and affidavit of oath permitting you to claim and transfer the funds to your bank account on her behalf. Note:This Power of attorney must be endorsed by a Senegalese resident lawyer (since the money is originated from Africa and the Girl is Currently residing in Senegal)"
This is one of the requirements for the transfer of $5.5M to my account as a trustee for miss Juliet thiara of late Dr.David thiara but the problem is I reside in Nigeria how will I go about the transfer.
Yours faithfully
Lawrence Godwin

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 5:49 PM, Juliet Thiara <julietthiara@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello Sweetheart,
How are you today,Hope fine?i am pleased with the way you are using your position to help me recover my inheritance which i was refused because of the law of Senegal.God will guide,protect and strength you and your family coming to the rescue an orphan. like me i will forever leave to remember you and your entered family.
As i have earlier said,i have with me some document,witch i have already given to the barrister all that we need is the Draft letter requested by the bank,the Power of Attorney and Affidavit of Oath which the bank said we must get it in Senegal because i am living in Senegal.

My dear i find it difficult because it is not easy for me to get a lawyer who will help me because of my refugee situation but i have use the influence of the Rev father to get this good lawyer,he is a famous human right lawyer,he has help alto of refugee in the past and i am confident ours will not be a different case.
He promise to help us but insist we must meet up with his strict request as that is the only way he can help a refugee in getting this legal documents.Please don't hesitate to do all he has said as he has warn me that on known account will he attend to us or less we meet with his law firm request.

I spoke much about you to him  he said he will like to deal with you before anything,so please try and contact him on both phone and email,inform him that you are my foreign partner that you need his services to draft an application letter,get an affidavit of oat from Federal High Court of Senegal and as well prepare a power of attorney that will allow you transfer my inheritance from BANK IN LONDON into your account.

my sweet honey i want you to contact the lawyer immediately so that he will explain better to you,   the lawyer made me to understand that all those legal documents must be endorsed by your name as my rightful trustee to the deposited fund  and he will need your personal  information's,

YOUR FULL NAME..........................................
AGE:......................................................
SEX:......................................................
DIRECT PHONE:...........................................
OCCUPATION.............................................
COUNTRY:.......................................................

To acquire those documents from the Senegalese Government as the bank demanded.

Below is the lawyer contact and information's,

Lawyer: Albert Konti (esq)
Member of Senegalese Bar Association
Address: 41 Nophior Avenue,Dakar,Senegal
E-mail address:  alberltkonti@hotmail.com
E-mail address:   albert_konti@yahoo.com
Phone Number;+221-761-264-461

Remember to let me know as soon as you contact him, I will love you to keep all these secret to yourself. i am afraid of loosing my life and the money Remember, I have confidence in you, and strong love for you, that it is only death that can take me away from you.I know that with time, when all these pains are over, that we will be happy together as we celebrate our future and forget about the pains I am going through at this moment.You already know that I have devoted my self to you for the rest of my life.

I would be happy to read the reply you get from a lawyer.Do not forget me in your daily prayers.May God bless you for me, I remain forever yours. I am waiting to read  your mail.
Yours Miss Juliet

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
I then forwarded the earlier msg to the suppose attorney
Dear sir alberlt konti
Am Lawrence a foreign partner of ms. Juliet thiara and am from Nigeria. sir I need your services to draft an application letter,get an affidavit of oat from Federal High Court of Senegal and as well prepare a power of attorney that will allow me transfer ms. Thiara's inheritance from BANK IN LONDON into my account.
MY PERSONAL DATA
Name:Lawrence Godwin .U
Sex:male
Phones:+2347038722889,+2347038722176
Email:Lawrencegodwin78@gmail.com
I hope to get a reply from you soonest thanks.
Yours faithfully
Lawrence Godwin

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by sats: 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
bois on their hustle #yahooplusthingz
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by puskin: 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hmmm.........do 19 boiz still use this pattern?? undecided undecided
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Guys if person dash u $460 na wetn u use am do oya see the msg I received from the attorney
SENEGAL WEST AFRICA
ARR. ALBERT KONTI (esq)
BARRISTER ALBERT KONTI CHAMBERS OF ATTORNEY AND OATH ASSOCIATION.

FOR YOUR NOTICE 

Mr,Lawrence Godwin .U.

Sequel to the request on how to prepare a power of attorney and affidavit of oath for you and your partner. Your partner Miss.Thiara was in my office with Rev-James Ruben to discuss about the issuing to you an authorization letter and affidavit of oath that will enable you to stand on her behalf to transfer her money from  Standard Chartered Bank Of London,, to your account in your country or elsewhere.

Prior to my inquires from the bank and high court here in Dakar Senegal, I was made to understand from the bank that there are four documents required by them before the transfer of the money to your account. 

1......A copy of Death certificate of Late Dr.David Thiara 

2.A copy of His Statement of account. including certificate of power of attorney and the affidavit of oath which will enable the Bank to deal with you on behalf of your partner. 

My Noble Law firm wish to bring to your notice that before we can proceed with this services, We will want you to forward to this law firm immediately with your full data details through E-mail address. 
(Nationality /Full Name,Date of birth,Place of birth /Address Of Living And Telephone Number/Occupation, As you want it to appear in the power of Attorney).

In View of above and from my inquiries, it will cost the sum of $110for authentication of the power of attorney $100 for swearing of the affidavit of oath at the federal high court here before it becomes valid $100 for notary stamping at the notary office(before it will go out from Senegal here) and my legal processing fee $150 total is($ 460.00
FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY DOLLARS ONLY) to get everything done.

Below here is my sectary account information to send the money true Eco bank rapid money transfer cash to cash.

NAME;  MALACHY  IKPO
I.D NUMBER; A3387408A
COUNTRY; DAKAR  SENEGAL

Make sure you inform me immediately you send this money so that we can start the preparation of the documents. (Which will be ready by the next two working days).

Lawyer: Barr. Albert Konti  +
Member of the Bar Association of Senegal.

Areas of Practice

General Practice
 Personal Injury
 Criminal Law
 Family Law
Address: 41 Avenue Nophior, Dakar, Senegal
E-mail:   albert_konti@yahoo.com
E-mail:  alberltkonti@hotmail.com
Phone: +221-761-264-461

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
When God wants to expose some one He makes him a dumb. How on earth will an attorney after replying my email will give me a call to request for quick payments. God also teaches us day after day and this scammers have it difficult for people to render their helps. I searched on the name Dr. David thiara of sierra leone on google which then licks me to the site below where I read exactly all that I received (mails) from her (Juliet thiara) on http://419.bittenus.com/11/3/sabeendavidthiara.html and also search on Dr David thiara on google for more enlightenment this scams no go use me do new year (ha choro iri m) nwa aba no de dull even in a dark room.
@ mod abeg f.p to disperse the info to avoid they don scam me thread. Happy new year you all

Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
mike404: THE GUY NA LEARNER
guy if u look am from a different pespect de don advance__the mail from the chartered bank London
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
To keep the fun (maga tinx)I mailed the attorney: Dear, sir konti,
The sum of $850 has been paid into the account in your previous mail the alert will arrive in 48hrs from today as promised by UBA bank Aba branch abiastate Nigeria. The extra some goes to miss Juliet for her freedom and air ticket to Nigeria pls endeavon to give her the extra sum.
Re: Internet/email Scam: BE ALERT by lawrenceunaa: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
puskin: Hmmm.........do 19 boiz still use this pattern?? undecided undecided
not everyone is aware of their patern and they mostly gets the greedy ones.

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts After Tinubu Said Mentioning His Name Is A Disgrace To Him / Who Is Ayeola Ayodeji Abiodun (awizzy) / How To Switch / Change 2g To 3g 4g Lte Only Network Mode In Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.