Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Encounter With Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Encounter With Satan (5161 Views)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / Do Atheists Disagree With Satan's Existence Or Not? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 6:41am On Jan 02, 2014
I'm beginning 2 see things from a different perspective.
Maybe I'm loosing my mind,maybe.
I was at d middle of a chat with satan today and he asked me a simple question.......he asked"how conversant are u with the bible??".
I was about 2 say a word which I couldn't remember when he asked another question....."who was cain's wife??"...at this point,I became so furious and curious at the same time.And I replied,go check Gen:4vs17.
He checked it and said,it is vague,obscure and incoherent.My furiousity increases,so I picked up my phone and opened my kjv bible application.I went straight to Gen:4vs17.I wasn't comfortable reading from my phone,so I rushed inside and picked up my bible.I read through Gen:4vs17 and I started believing that he(satan) was right because the bible never said Adam and Eve had any other offspring apart from Cain and Abel at that time.
I was bugged and confused at the same time and my curiousity increases because I wanted to know more.
I couldn't alter a word,perhap
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 6:42am On Jan 02, 2014
Perhaps I was thinking.And then he(satan) africa are fools with dark brains.
At this point,the discussion changes from argumentative to narrative and I became the one listening.
He(satan) used the yoruba ethnic as a reference.And he asked "where was africa(yoruba) during the existence of Jesus christ??".I couldn't say a word,perhap I was still thinking of what to say.
Then he(satan) said Orunmila is equivalent/equal to Jesus.
I was so mad at him and I said why? how? in annoyance but he looked at me with a smile and said yes,they are equivalent.
He proceeded and said Jesus was in Israel reigning and saving people while Orunmila was here doing the same.(I dey look)
He said we are fools because we accepted what the white told us and rejected what we knew and what we saw.
....to be continued....

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Satan by badmeat(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2014
You are completely finished!year never start you n satan don dey yarn!tomorrow now u go run go see TB joshua,dey roll for ground like jim iyke dey yarn opata for cable TV!sad

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 02, 2014
You are on some serious dope bruh!

Is it Cocaine? Meth? Or Cannabis?

grin grin.

Yaba left soon bruh! wink
Re: My Encounter With Satan by tutaboi(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2014
it most be malaria symptom .......i advice u check for the right drugs
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2014
Noted but do u believe africa was also in existence during the time of Jesus Christ??
I'm beginning 2 bliv him
Re: My Encounter With Satan by PAPAAFRICA: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: Noted but do u believe africa was also in existence during the time of Jesus Christ??
I'm beginning 2 bliv him
africa is a continent so obviously.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 9:29am On Jan 02, 2014
PAPA AFRICA: africa is a continent so obviously.
but if u read tru d whole post u will realise dat I was using Yoruba(Africa) as a reference.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Satan by lanaVello1(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2014
guy,your first point that made u succumb to satan's argument is crap. read genesis 5:4 with your inner mind and i'd recommend kjv
Re: My Encounter With Satan by lanaVello1(m): 10:00am On Jan 02, 2014
I don't rily get ur 2nd point buh if its wat i'm thinking then maybe u need o read genesis 11:8&9.
PS:Ever heard this riddle....what was the world's tallest mountain b4 they found everest?!?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by PAPAAFRICA: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: but if u read tru d whole post u will realise dat I was using Yoruba(Africa) as a reference.
well i wouldn't know if he was a contemporary of Jesus since Orunmila is known through oral history and Jesus is known through written history that can be dated but Yoruba people would have existed during the time of Jesus.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by PAPAAFRICA: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2014
lana_Vello: I don't rily get ur 2nd point buh if its wat i'm thinking then maybe u need o read genesis 11:8&9.
PS:Ever heard this riddle....what was the world's tallest mountain b4 they found everest?!?
before who found Everest?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2014
As a kid I was told Jesus existed 2000years ago and now I'm 20+ and it's still the same old story,y is it not 2020+years ago
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 10:24am On Jan 02, 2014
PAPA AFRICA: well i wouldn't know if he was a contemporary of Jesus since Orunmila is known through oral history and Jesus is known through written history that can be dated but Yoruba people would have existed during the time of Jesus.
gbam.....and I bliv they had their own gods then which might b orunmila

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Satan by Bilabong(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: As a kid I was told Jesus existed 2000years ago and now I'm 20+ and it's still the same old story,y is it not 2020+years ago
now i believe say u & satan yarn. Try buy illuminati form

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Satan by PAPAAFRICA: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: gbam.....and I bliv they had their own gods then which might b orunmila
yes.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2014
Bilabong: now i believe say u & satan yarn. Try buy illuminati form
show me d way.Oyinbo don fool una sote dem carry dem bliv com giv una,una bliv am dump una own.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 11:21am On Jan 02, 2014
lana_Vello: guy,your first point that made u succumb to satan's argument is crap. read genesis 5:4 with your inner mind and i'd recommend kjv
what was her name??
Are u saying he got married to his blood sister??
What then is the main offence of sodom and gomorhea
Re: My Encounter With Satan by PAPAAFRICA: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: what was her name??
the story of adam and eve isn't true, its just Hebrew mythology. no one should take it literally today.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
PAPA AFRICA: the story of adam and eve isn't true, its just Hebrew mythology. no one should take it literally today.
so,what's ur bliv?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by lanaVello1(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: what was her name??
I already gave u d ans 2d 2 questions u purportedly failed to answer the devil. nothing more!
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
lana_Vello:
I already gave u d ans 2d 2 questions u purportedly failed to answer the devil. nothing more!
still d same vague story and y are u trying 2 avoid my questions?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
lana_Vello: guy,your first point that made u succumb to satan's argument is crap. read genesis 5:4 with your inner mind and i'd recommend kjv
read Gen4vs17 and Gen5vs18,compare d two together and tell me who the real father of Enoch was,JARED or CAIN?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
read Gen4vs17 and compare it with Gen5vs18.
So Seth was the first born of Adam and nt Cain rit?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by ladionline: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
You do not believe bible, but you want your readers to believe how you interpret what you don't believe yourself.

You blame us for believing "Oyinbo", but you embrace English and the Net to converse, not the language you believe in.

Rush to where you will say 'there is no god' or yahweh, and give us a magic antivirus to erase this god from our memory all at once.

Your one and only obsession is still the god, like it or not. But you can do "ethical replacement" once and for all teasing our mindset here.

To foster what you believe on us and why, be ready to come with what your religion or belief upholds, such as 'sugar candy mountain'.

If not, learn to ignore people who do believe the god you do not believe as every people do not believe the god you also believe.

What are you here to preach sir? what is the article of faith of what you believe or you are just teasing innocent believers?

Can you share the tenet of your faith? why not try and promote fanta rather than wish coke from circulation?

Can we meet your religion what does it have for us? Or it plainly shows you are insecure with the belief of others.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Satan by iphedahyor(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
U got it all wrong,2 me I bliv life is a teacher and we are all learners.We learn everyday from any and everything we encounter.
I only posted this topic to share and clear my view and expected others to do the same.
Nobody is mr knowall or mr perfect.I admitted the fact that I'm less holy.So,it won't b a crime if u enlighten me by telling me wat I don't know rather than castigating me.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by ladionline: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: U got it all wrong,2 me I bliv life is a teacher and we are all learners.We learn everyday from any and everything we encounter.
I only posted this topic to share and clear my view and expected others to do the same.
Nobody is mr knowall or mr perfect.I admitted the fact that I'm less holy.So,it won't b a crime if u enlighten me by telling me wat I don't know rather than castigating me.

Well I just felt that when it comes to what others believe such as religion, it is not too good to want to go punching holes and playing or teasing at the core of people's beliefs all because we are unseen, the Yoruba call such "amokunseka". I do not castigate you, I only ask ethical questions.

As for me, I believe I am as less holy as anyone else, but I strive to be responsible when thinking and not toil with the faith of others. Not because I do not enjoy the freedom of thinking or saying what i like, but because I know we are here to represent our culture and our way of life.

It is the only life I have, I don't understand life either, but still, I have learn some little things that life is a gift. I just have to add this little token to make it comprehensible to myself and people around me in my world, already Life is confusing, so I strive not to make it more confusing because some things are not right. It may be me that is not right at times, and life do seems to be more right.

Life is neither right nor wrong, we are the issue. But we do not always exist. We do not have eternity, its pint of choices that count, when choices present itself, I want to choose the right thing, the good thing. Things that add value to life. I don't strive to be right, but all I want to choose is the right thing, the good thing.

People are reflection of what these things are, I am a single fraction of billions of people, I spend time trying to be, do, have the good things of life. If people were wrong after all, its a shame on people, and my self as a rep of humanity. A shame on some people is a shame on me. So I don't do look for the shame of others to put them to shame, I only show forth my own pride and convince them for good.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by bigfrancis21: 5:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
This is not a culture material. It has nothing to do with the culture section. Moving it to the religion section.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2014

Can you explain where Cain got his wife with your inner mind? Not that i agreed that Satan could literally speak to a person but the points the OP made are somewhat valid.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
According to Genesis chapter one,it says : the spirit of The Lord hovered over the water. I can understand one thing: birds in the sky hover over water,helicopters hovers, spaceship hovers. Was god in a spaceship?
Re: My Encounter With Satan by andyanders: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
Since you saw satan and he is your friend, ONLY deliverance can set you free because you are finished.
Note, satan knows the bible from genesis to revelation and can quote to misguide you.
Re: My Encounter With Satan by macof(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
iphedahyor: Perhaps I was thinking.And then he(satan) africa are fools with dark brains.
At this point,the discussion changes from argumentative to narrative and I became the one listening.
He(satan) used the yoruba ethnic as a reference.And he asked "where was africa(yoruba) during the existence of Jesus christ??".I couldn't say a word,perhap I was still thinking of what to say.
Then he(satan) said Orunmila is equivalent/equal to Jesus.
I was so mad at him and I said why? how? in annoyance but he looked at me with a smile and said yes,they are equivalent.
He proceeded and said Jesus was in Israel reigning and saving people while Orunmila was here doing the same.(I dey look)
He said we are fools because we accepted what the white told us and rejected what we knew and what we saw.
....to be continued....

I don't believe in your satan tale but I believe in your message. I am a yoruba pagan and my ancestors honored the Orisha(primordial forces aka Gods).
And it's mostly thanks to Baba Ifa- Orunmila. Orunmila is said to have lived in Ile-Ife about 6000yrs ago before relocating to Ulesun/Ilesun(now known as Ado-Ekiti) where he developed Ifa system through the advice of his friend Elegba. Orunmila came up with the idea of 'Odu' (which was his wife's name) which could mean 'womb' or 'store of energy'. I don't know how he did it but he understood and was able to explain the concept of 'Odu'. This is where the idea of 'Olodumare' came from meaning 'owner of the womb of infinite possibilities'. Ifa has since been Yoruba holy system of Communication with primordial forces. Orunmila displayed exceptional intelligence and wisdom which made Our ancestors use his name to describe the primordial force of intelligence and wisdom.
Orunmila is indeed our Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Theme For Shiloh 2016 / What To Do When A Fellow Christian Falls Into Sin / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.