Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Mobile Phones And Warrantee Related Issues - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Phones And Warrantee Related Issues (437 Views)

Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / BBM on iPhone and related issues / BBM On Android And Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phones And Warrantee Related Issues by gift07: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
Happy New Year Everyone!

Whilst debating on the type of phone to get myself, I questioned a dealer on the warrantee policies for iphones. To my surprise, the dealer couldn’t provide me with a satisfactory answer.

In my view, Apple is a high-end mobile manufacturer/retailer. On this bases one will assume that there is an existing huge market with greater potentials in Nigeria. Why aren’t we enjoying a functional warrantee which is a dividend of an expensive buy? For every repair on an apple product within the first year of purchase, one has to incur an additional expense which is not so in developed countries. Won’t it be a welcoming development for Apple to set up an Apple store in Nigeria? The quality of a purchase is centred on the aftersales; I have observed one rarely enjoys such services here.

Do retailers like Slot, Jumai etc offer a year warrantee on products like mobile phones? Do they force down repair at an early stage of purchase? Why are the return policies limited to 5 – 7 days, as oppose 30 working days?

If my assumptions on the warrantees situation isn’t correct; I am open to accepting corrections
Re: Mobile Phones And Warrantee Related Issues by ahika(m): 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Don't mind the retailers all they care about is sell sell and sell.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Secret Codes / I Need A Nokia Lumia 800 Screen. / Anyone Also Experiencing This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.