Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Help Break Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Break Problem (907 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Break Problem by BrightCar: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
I don't know what my mechanic did to my car BMW 5series, he asked for a replacement of the engine seating (according to his word) and I gave him money to replace it. On driving the car, I noticed I have to "pump" the break several times before coming to a halt. I called him and he said it could be that the break MASTER was bad. I hurriedly went and got a direct "Belgium" master, but the problem persisted as in the former one. It was discovered that the master does not emit hydraulic oil at all for the front wheels, only the back wheel is functional. This same problem persisted even after fixing another master. Please, i need help from experienced NLs on what maybe the cause, especially Siena. I have asked the mechanic to stop work because i no longer trust his job. I shall remain grateful.
Re: Help Break Problem by DECOtech(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
BrightCar: I have asked the mechanic to stop work because i no longer trust his job. I shall remain grateful.

Firstly sir, what year is you BMW 5series? When last did you do a brake fluid flush?
Some brake master cylinders are difficult to bleed. All that needs to be done is just to bleed it through and check the brake lines that take fluid to the wheels.
Its a good idea to let someone else look at it.
Make sure to use a DOT4 brake fluid. Though the ATE brand will serve you well.

Cheers.
Re: Help Break Problem by oweniwe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
poster.......

Do you mean "Brake"....??

English "is hard" o o o grin

by the way, why did you change the engine seating? smiley
Re: Help Break Problem by yungboss(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
But this thread has been since Jan 2nd shocked

(1) (Reply)

S.o.s Engine Gurus: Will This Work? / 2005 Camry Rear OEM Shock Absorbers Needed / Where to Scan a Car In Sagamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.