Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? (4689 Views)

Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 / The New Airtel 10 Padis With Free 15mb Of Data. / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? by Joel3(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2014
I just bought a new airtel sim to use on my phone since i cannot be switching the sim on my lappy every-time.

and i don't know if there is any other thing i need to do to make a new airtel sim start working?

note the sim has been registered at point of purchase. so what is going on?

Anyway, i bought N200 airtime. 100 each.

1, Firstly i activate Airtel club 10 by dialing *101# (of which i got a welcome message to club 10)

2, i load N100 and instantly i got 10.1BM of free DATA. (i was surprise as i thought i need to load N200 before i will get any free data)_

3, i activate BBUD by dialing *440*18# one day 80 mb (i got welcome sms saying i am unlimited blackberry day plan)

4, then i check my data by dialing *141*712*0# (i say 90mb data in there)

5, i tried to brows on my phone but the sim was not connecting. i tried and tried but no way. i insert the sim on my modem but no network appear i tried both edge and 3g on my modem but still no network. i tried my other airtel sim and work appear and was browsing fine. so i insert the new sim again but still no network on on my modem. i quickly text deactivation to 440 but still no solution.

6, then i open this thread and was composing this text to seek for help. but i decide to activate Airtel 4mb for N50 although i was not too clear that was the solution i need because at-least there should be network first before anything. nothing was showing on my modem. as i was composing this text i decide to try 4mb for N50 instead of 10bm for N100. i was trying to be smart atleast to avoid further lose in-case it never work.

after that it start to browse on my phone with high speed 3G connection. now i have 94mb data for N150 valid for one week.

well initially i wanted to cancel this post but i still feel there is need for me to post this atleast some others can learn from this.
Re: New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? by Joel3(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wait a minute. Still no network on my modem. But i can browse on my phone with 3G. Any help? I just got another free 10mb data from airtel. Total now is 104mb. is someone else getting this same issues? And why i cannot connect with modem only working on phone? Should i call airtel customer care?
Re: New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? by francis247(m): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Joel.:
Wait a minute. Still no network on my modem. But i can browse on my phone with 3G. Any help? I just got another free 10mb data from airtel. Total now is 104mb. is someone else getting this same issues? And why i cannot connect with modem only working on phone? Should i call airtel customer care?
Having similar issue. Subscribed to the 80mb @ #100 plan yesterday (a plan to which I subscribed twice a week ago and it worked perfectly with every application on my Android device), but works only with Opera Mini and nothing else despite the 10mb daily sub I made which usually works, plus 15mb bonus, all in one account, yet nothing.
Re: New Airtel Sim Wont Work On Modem And Wont Browse On Phone, Any Help? by Joel3(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Is like they have done some new Change

(1) (Reply)

Get Phone Number From Imei Number / How Much Does TECNO M3 Cost Now? / Infinix Hot Note Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.