Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year (1320 Views)

Wizkid's Ojuelegba Is The 12th Biggest Song In The World This Year / Pusha-T - The Morning Ft. D'banj And Other GOOD Music Artists / K'naan's 'wave Your Flag' Vs Akon's 'oh Africa' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2014
2013 was a big year for the Nigerian Music Industry. Tons of music was released and shows everywhere; new artists dropping lots of stuff on the daily basis. It was way way massive.
Now we in 2014 - as a keen observer of the music industry, I made up this list of artists that are expected to make their name as part of the creme la creme of the music industry this year. I did a job of excluding names of artists like Wizkid, Olamide, MI, Ice price, Tiwa Savage etc who we know, whatever they do is likely to be a hit

10. Tekno

Tekno who recently signed on to Made Men Music Group- the home of "2013 artist of the year" at the recent Headies award IYANYA. Tekno is not just a talented artist but also a creative producer. His single with Davido - Holiday, was a hit. I mean he has the talent, a selling point and coupled with the fact that MMMG will do everything they can to have an alternative source of income other than Iyanya after Emma Nyra still isn't making the much needed waves as expected. I certainly believe Tekno is in for a big year

9. Poe

Poe is one of the most promising rappers to have come out last year. The usual SDC collaborator who made collabs with some of music heavy weight in 2013 - MI, Khali Abdu, Jesse Jagz, Lynxx, SDC. He's due to release his poject titled "Talk about Poe" (TAP) and I am sure this will launch him into the big waters of the industry
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2014
8. Niyola

Niyola whose home record label is acclaimed as star studded and has decent efforts released in recent years will definitely be going for the big dive this year. The EME first lady whose recent effort All things with music veteran Sound Sultan has placed her even more into the watching eyes of the industry. She definitely has to live up to the billing and she clearly has the talent to.

7. Lord V

Sway Entertainment's Lord V was simply a revelation of 2013. I mean his flow, his hook and his adlibs are just so different and lovely. His efforts were just superb. His 234 mixtape project is a very decent but his released materials before that was just so massive. I particularly love his track with RUKUS - MURDA. With a couple of videos and collabs, its safe to say lord V might just be breakout rapper of 2014

Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2014
6. Victoria Kimani

Chocolate City's Victoria just needs that one break and I can promise she'll be the eye popper of 2013. Her mixtape Queen Victoria was decent and with her always popping up on our views, the kenyan pop queen may just be the hottest diva this year.

5. Yung Six

The self acclaimed best rapper in Nigeria, who caused one of the biggest waves of the year 2013 surely would be going full strength this year. Riding off the success of his single - First Class and with a multi-million deal he signed, Six will sure hold the attention he already received last year as he is set to drop his album this year.

Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2014
4. Seyi Shay

A former member of group - Far Above that has toured with Beyonce who left a sweet music deal with Sony Music for unknown terrains in Nigeria. I bet its gradually paying off for her because 2013 went exactly the way I am sure the Irawo coroner would have hoped for. She got signed as an ambassador to telecoms giant - Etisalat; she got the role to perform Bad alongside Wale when he was in Nigeria. A lot of PR that have sure gained her popularity- even the sexy kiss with Vector on stage. She worked with Timaya, Kcee just to name a few. 2014 definitely must be a year for the sweetly voiced seyi, we can only wait to see.

3. 9ice

The Basorun Gaa himself!!! 9ice have been sort of "lowkey-ed" recently must have spent 2013 planning big. Hence, the expectation that he has 2014 big on his calendar. Though with his outburst against bloggers that they should not post his songs anymore without his permission which obviously didn't go down so well with some of the heavyweight blogs, we all wait to see how he plans on promoting his albums. With the right tracks, we all know how big 9ice can be again. Based on how much success Ike Kan made, I believe 9ice is one of the artists to make waves this year. I keep my arms folded and hope I am right.

Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 8:31am On Jan 03, 2014
2. Black Magic

Black Magic is arguably the most sought after act of 2013. With his 2012 hit- Repete still hot in the scene, and other singles like Fantasy, Africa, Body ft Banky W and others have definitely made Black Magic garner more popularity. With the recent release of his sophomore album, Version 2.0- Black Magic, off the back of a recent headies award, has a big year ahead. He has a different appeal and sound that may have him end this year as one of the biggest names in the industry

1. Sean Tizzle

Sean Tizzle who's music growth can be related to that of davido is surely on a success high. The revelation of the year who recently added a Hyundai to his garage. Many will agree with me that sean tizzle is poised to be one of the biggest name in the industry this year. He had almost all his singles become hits. Signed on to producer D'tunes label - Difference Entertainment. It is suffice to say that he may go ahead to become the biggest name this year.

Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ejifranks(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2014
add me on that list cause this year na my year!!!!!
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2014
ejifranks: add me on that list cause this year na my year!!!!!

Lol, I'll surely keep that in mind
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ejifranks(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2014
ojoawo:

Lol, I'll surely keep that in mind
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by limalee10: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
I like the list, but I think Skales, SDC, Phenom should have made the list in place of Tekno, Poe. And Lord V

Lord V is good but it will take time before he could hold a stake in the Nigerian Music Industry
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by odihack: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Top Ten Music Artists To Make Wave This Year by ojoawo(m): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Those artists mentioned still don't strike me. As they got something big to offer this year.

The list is obviously in no way definitive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Preview And Download All 22 Tracks Of Olamide's New Album STREET OT. 'snippet' / DOWNLOAD MP3: CDQ Ft. Phyno & Reminisce – Aye (life) / Download: Zoro Ft. Simi – Stainless Mp3 Via Mymusicnigeria.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.