Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:15 AM

For Sisikill - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / For Sisikill (1167 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Sisikill by nanaboi(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hands-on Loathe (Pre-murder)

I know this hand
Hm. I know this hand
It touched me once before
when my heart was in my groin
holding up dear phallus.
Soft strokes, hard throbs
juice and jelly
Back when I was the fool
who thought we were two

I know these eyes
Diamante devil's pearls
ice in a girl's sockets
I served time under these eyes
for love - maybe lubricious instincts.
Ludicrous now
but this stare had the dictate
weather heeded around me

Sand, you know how my eyes
stared down at you
when her 'ice' were too cold
to behold
You recognize my skin
when in droplets it concocted
with my blood, my sweat, my time and you grains
and my teeth cracked konkiria

Sand, hm, you know blood?
Hm. Blood bloodier than the pool
of my blood
when I, flotsam and jetsam
drifted, a recluse
to an island of me, me and blood clot of mine
will splatter on your grains
with splotches of her brains
once that hand that robbed me
once, rubs me again

Onwekwaanu idea?b

a - concrete (Igbo)
b - Does she even have an inkling? (Igbo)

Sisikill, your criticism matters.
Re: For Sisikill by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
Men, Sisikill is on fire ooo. Why didn't you ask mactao for his criticisms? Anyway, I concur, I think she's a good writer. I saw her "I hate sundays" and I was taken. Yet she's like "I'm not a good writer."

Sisikill, where are you?
Re: For Sisikill by TrueBrit: 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ nanaboi, I am sure it is just as easy to post a poem in the POEM section where it belongs. There is a reason why all subjects under the sun are not just lumped together in one section. And there is a reason why the Poem Child Board was created [SO THAT POEMS ARE POSTED THERE not here], but seeing that you have posted there before, I'm sure you already know that.

@ Seun Osewa, When I want to read poems, I will go to the Poem Child Board. It is annoying to continually click threads and have subjects which do not belong in that section open up. It's about time you imposed penalties/sanctions for people who flagrantly decide to ignore posting rules by delibrately posting in the wrong section. If you know you cannot be bothered with monitoring the literature section, then merge the poetry section with the main literature section, so that we all know that we can expect to see crappy poetry every so often.
Re: For Sisikill by HCH3COO: 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
True Brit:

@ nanaboi, I am sure it is just as easy to post a poem in the POEM section where it belongs. There is a reason why all subjects under the sun are not just lumped together in one section. And there is a reason why the Poem Child Board was created [SO THAT POEMS ARE POSTED THERE not here], but seeing that you have posted there before, I'm sure you already know that.

@ Seun Osewa, When I want to read poems, I will go to the Poem Child Board. It is annoying to continually click threads and have subjects which do not belong in that section open up. It's about time you imposed penalties/sanctions for people who flagrantly decide to ignore posting rules by delibrately posting in the wrong section. If you know you cannot be bothered with monitoring the literature section, then merge the poetry section with the main literature section, so that we all know that we can expect to see crappy poetry every so often.
LOL big yawa. grin grin
Re: For Sisikill by Sisikill: 7:13am On Aug 07, 2008
Nanaboi
Goodness! I am more than honored that you'd seek my amatuer opinion on this, honestly. . . you have no idea and I'll be more than happy to give it, as soon as Seun or the mods move it to the poem section, that way some people's nerves will be calmed.

My God, one would think a donated organ has been misfiled and someone's life hangs on the balance with the reaction over a poem being posted on another part of the literature section. I was on the Romance section earlier and some guy started a thread on how he can't get his Pe/nis to go down, a topic clearly meant for the sexuality section and no one had a melt down. You know what else, the guy knew he was posting in the wrong place because he started off with "On the SEXUALITY thread, a guy was talking about. . . . " yet I did not see heads exploding over it.

I'm sure I need not tell you to ignore the put downs or mocking of your work. . . apart from the fact that it is just childish pettiness at play here, please also understand that OCD. . . no matter how weird the focus of the obsession, is still a disease. Some go nut if bathroom towels are not hung according to size, shapes and/or color, some freak out if they walk into a room and shoes aren't properly lined against the wall and according to sizes, and for others, it takes seeing a poem in the novel section to throw a wrench into their day. Like I said, OCD is OCD is OCD.

I'm going to flagged your thread and asked Seun to move it. . . hopefully he does it ASAP, I wouldn't want some innocent bystander's blood on both our hands should someone go on a rampage because this wasn't corrected as quickly as possible.
Re: For Sisikill by tpia: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2008
is it just me, or are most of the literary efforts in this section, mainly about graphic sex?

hey, I'm not trying to douse anyone's fire here, but occasionally its okay to exercise and experiment with a wider variety of subject matter, imo.

Could also be related to the age demographic, I guess.
Re: For Sisikill by Sisikill: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2008
tpia:

is it just me, or are most of the literary efforts in this section, mainly about graphic sex?

hey, I'm not trying to douse anyone's fire here, but occasionally its okay to exercise and experiment with a wider variety of subject matter, imo.

Lol, yeah sometimes it does seem that way I guess it's easier to write about it, since it's everywhere. Personally I prefer exploring the dark side of humanity. Speaking of dark side, this poem is actually about Murder but you know what, you have brought up an interesting point with the Sex aspect. . . it proves that there are indeed sexual elements to murder which means Nanaboi has done an amazing job.

Bravo! Nanaboi. . . well, I don't need to tell you I absolutely love it! Even moreso thanks to Tpia smiley

I was hoping the thread will be moved by now so we can discuss it some more but it doesn't look like Seun or one of the Mods will get to it today, so what the hey. . . I say let's have it out right here, right now.

Will be back! grin
Re: For Sisikill by TrueBrit: 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2008
Sisikill:

I'm sure I need not tell you to ignore the put downs or mocking of your work. . . apart from the fact that it is just childish pettiness at play here, please also understand that OCD. . . no matter how weird the focus of the obsession, is still a disease. Some go nut if bathroom towels are not hung according to size, shapes and/or color, some freak out if they walk into a room and shoes aren't properly lined against the wall and according to sizes, and for others, it takes seeing a poem in the novel section to throw a wrench into their day. Like I said, OCD is OCD is OCD.

Na you sabi. I have said what I will on the topic. If you don't like it too friggin' bad. If it suits your purpose, you can label it OCD, if you like you, can even attribute it to PMT (PMS), na your wahala be that. I am perfectly within my rights to raise a valid issue and I have. Moreover, I will continue to do so when I see something wrong that bothers me. It is one thing if a genuine error was made, but it is another when the poster knows better. Anyone who looks at the first page of the literature childboard today with see roughly half a dozen poems splattered there, when there is a poetry childboard. Obviously, subtle hints and gentle reminders do not work very much on here, and frankly I'm not even going to bother with those anymore.

Sisikill:

My God, one would think a donated organ has been misfiled and someone's life hangs on the balance with the reaction over a poem being posted on another part of the literature section. I was on the Romance section earlier and some guy started a thread on how he can't get his Pe/nis to go down, a topic clearly meant for the sexuality section and no one had a melt down. You know what else, the guy knew he was posting in the wrong place because he started off with "On the SEXUALITY thread, a guy was talking about. . . . " yet I did not see heads exploding over it.

And people wonder why Nigeria has gone to the dogs. I have never heard a dumber excuse for people breaking rules. Because no one made a big deal in the Romance Section, people who make a big deal here have some disorder or the other. What a constructive way to reason.

So go ahead and call it OCD if you like, or call it exploding head syndrome or any other thing you like, I will continue to voice out my displeasure at people who abuse simple posting rules in this section (and I will not do so in a soft cuddly manner too).  Maybe if Nigerians had taken a stance in dealing with the little problems when they arose instead of ignoring them, the big ones would not have been given room to develop (and there would be no institutional indiscipline, nor disdain and disregard for easy unambiguous rules).
Re: For Sisikill by Sisikill: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2008
Lmao. . . Yeah, okay. Didn't see the bigger picture before but now I know what's at stake here, I totally see it now, I do! I do!

Jeebus! Where is Seun ooooh! Abi How many times do I have to write proposal to move a small thread from book section to Poetry section?

Ah! I tire oh
Re: For Sisikill by TrueBrit: 11:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
What is it they say about sarcasm and wit again? undecided

Next!
Re: For Sisikill by Sisikill: 12:06am On Aug 08, 2008
Rotflmaopimp!

Seriously Seun, come and move this thread now? Haba, can't you see what it's causing?

Abi do I have to go the Naija route of bribing top officials to get things done?

Please hurry! For the sake of our great Nation. grin
Re: For Sisikill by nanaboi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
grin grin grin

@ True Brit
Thank you for reminding me what I already know but ignored. I apologize to all that may have been hurt like you by my display of disregard for the rule. Need I say that I am sorry for ruining Nigeria or contributing to same.

@ Sisikill
I thought you probably don't visit the Poems forum a lot that's why I hurt our dear friend, TB plz don't misunderstand this). I posted there before like he rightly pointed out.

@tpia
Your observation is very right. It's almost always about the sex(es). Same is obtainable in the music scene these days - I'm almost totally fed up with my life (music, that is) nowadays - but hey, I can't help but live it anyway.

I actually do have a few things off love and will try to post them.

@mactao
Please, your criticism is just as welcome. It's only that Sisikill opened my mind to this part of literature and while I baby in it, I want her eyes to guide lest I krash and splatter my blood all over the forum.
So do drop a word for I'll be honored to read.
Re: For Sisikill by Orikinla(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2008
nanaboi:

Hands-on Loathe (Pre-murder)

I know this hand
Hm. I know this hand
It touched me once before
when my heart was in my groin
holding up dear phallus.
Soft strokes, hard throbs
juice and jelly
Back when I was the fool
who thought we were two

I know these eyes
Diamante devil's pearls
ice in a girl's sockets
I served time under these eyes
for love - maybe lubricious instincts.
Ludicrous now
but this stare had the dictate
weather heeded around me

Sand, you know how my eyes
stared down at you
when her 'ice' were too cold
to behold
You recognize my skin
when in droplets it concocted
with my blood, my sweat, my time and you grains
and my teeth cracked konkiria

Sand, hm, you know blood?
Hm. Blood bloodier than the pool
of my blood
when I, flotsam and jetsam
drifted, a recluse
to an island of me, me and blood clot of mine
will splatter on your grains
with splotches of her brains
once that hand that robbed me
once, rubs me again

Onwekwaanu idea?b

a - concrete (Igbo)
b - Does she even have an inkling? (Igbo)

Sisikill, your criticism matters.

I love your imagery and the musicality of your words.
This would be good for performance poetry if you have the voice for it or let a perfomer recite it for you.
Re: For Sisikill by StephenP(m): 9:28am On Aug 12, 2008
tpia:

Well here on Nairaland, poems that are about love or have a sensual side get the most feedback while the others aren't even read. Trust me, I know. I posted two poems about Patriotism and Nigeria and had nothing, yet one love poem had multiple responses. So as a writer, it only makes more sense to write what people like to read. At least that's how I see it.
Re: For Sisikill by nanaboi(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
StephenP
talking about people not readin things that aren't about love, I posted one again yesterday and not even a single response.

Check
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=159206ysg2642394#msg2642394

@ Orikinla
It feels good to know you read my work and dropped a comment. I sing too - I guess that explains the musicality in it. As for performance, hm, would love to see that done to this work but I never thought about it until you said it.

@ Mactao
that link above needs your attention, please.
Re: For Sisikill by kay9(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
@nanaboi: I saw Sisikill's post titled "For Nanaboi and Mactao", so I came to look at your poem (I haven't been around Literature-Nrlnd for quite a while now). Anyway, I think your poem is very nice - strong theme; good choice of words, too. But, like True_Brit said (and this isn't personal), you really ought to have posted in the Poem section.

@Sisikill: Howdy?
Re: For Sisikill by nanaboi(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
@kay9
Hey thanx. I promise I won't mispost again - except I seriously, hmm
Re: For Sisikill by Sisikill: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2008
kay9:

@Sisikill: Howdy?
Oh My! I didn't know you were back from. . . I mean it's so nice to have you back and before you ask, everything is totally under control. Yeah. . . it. . . is. . .

Ex. . . excuse me for a sec. . .

*Runs to the because thread to make sure everything IS under control*

(1) (Reply)

Please Tell Me What You Think About This Poem I Wrote. / Thou Sovereign / This F##kin B##ch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.