Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: (1270 Views)

Survey For A Kiddies Tv Show / Survey For T.v. Show (for Pre-schoolers - 9 Years) / Survey: Thesis Project - Nigerian Movie Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hello people,

I'm a Public Health student and I'm doing my thesis project on Nollywood and it's impact on health and society. I have a survey that I'd really LOVE you guys to help me with. It won't take too long to complete. The link to the survey is:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=B4j283KbsrG538JmafoejQ_3d_3d

Please please please, help me out and you'll get, um, ok I'm a struggling student so you'll to manage with my eternal gratitude and prayers!!!

Also, for those who consider themselves to be Nollywood buffs, I'm also looking for key informants who I'd like to ask more in depth questions. This is going to be a major paper for me because it's for my Master's thesis and I promise I'll put your name in my acknowledgements. Basically, if you want to be a key informant email me at nollywoodtatase@yahoo.com and I'll e-mail you back some more in-depth open-ended type questions about Nollywood and you can reply to me by e-mail. I'd really love to get in touch with you "home video" experts out there. Even if you don't consider yourself an expert but have just watched a lot of home videos and are interested in helping out a little more extensively, please get back to me.

In summary, PLEASE EVERYONE DO MY SURVEY FOUND AT THE WEB ADDRESS ABOVE AND THEN IF YOU WANT TO HELP FURTHER AND BE INCLUDED IN MY PAPER, ALSO E-MAIL ME on nollywoodtatase@yahoo.com .

If you feel like commenting on Nollywood and health/ Nollywood and women's health/Nollywood's role in society in general, you can also just post a reply here. But please please please do my survey too!!!

Thank you all so much in advance for all your help!!!

PS None of the comment boxes in the survey are compulsory but they will be helpful to me if you feel like adding comments.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2008
Ok i hate to be one of those annoying people who posts on their own message to bring it up in the message listings and I won't do it again, I promise. Only PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY PROJECT AND DO MY NOLLYWOOD SURVEY. The link is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=B4j283KbsrG538JmafoejQ_3d_3d

Ok I know I only posted yesterday but the response is a little underwhelming. So maybe I posted at an awkward time or something. Please I know you're all kind and decent and wonderful people so find it in your heart not to let your Nigerian sister fail out of her master's program, Please DO MY SURVEY!!! Thank you all.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by JeSoul(f): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2008
honestly I'm sure more people would help you out if they knew your ID and had conversed with you all around NL.

I'm sure you're a regular NLer so what's your real ID? I think that would put people at ease. smiley
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Seun(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
The survey is too complicated and you're not offering us any incentives to fill it out. Moreso some of your questions are best answered by bying a sample of 100 random Nollywood movies, watching them, and making notes.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
JeSoul:

honestly I'm sure more people would help you out if they knew your ID and had conversed with you all around Nairaland.

I'm sure you're a regular NLer so what's your real ID? I think that would put people at ease. smiley

Thank you for at least responding. I'm a regular NLer in the sense that I'm always here lurking and when I'm in school and homesick, I visit often and read what people have to say. However, this really is my first Nairaland account. I've been meaning to do one but never got round to it. And I'm sorry it took needing fellow Nigerian's help to actually get me to sign up. But please still don't hold it against me. Help me out by doing my survey and I promise to reciprocate/talk to whomever wants to get to know me now, ok?

Seun:

The survey is too complicated and you're not offering us any incentives to fill it out. Moreso some of your questions are best answered by bying a sample of 100 random Nollywood movies, watching them, and making notes.

I had a simpler survey before with 5 yes or no questions and then I was going to watch a large sample of Nollywood movies, but my advisor (damn her) vetoed that and said that my formative research (survey) should be more in depth so I should have a meatier survey. I'm sorry you're finding it a little complicated. I am still going to watch about 50 Nollywood movies in addition, but since my project is about what people think in addition to my own findings, it has to be this way. As far as incentives go, I don't have a big budget but I'm open to providing an incentive. What would you suggest? And how would I go about giving the winner his/her prize? If you have suggestions, I'm definitely open to them.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by JeSoul(f): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
Tatase:

Thank you for at least responding. I'm a regular NLer in the sense that I'm always here lurking and when I'm in school and homesick, I visit often and read what people have to say. However, this really is my first Nairaland account. I've been meaning to do one but never got round to it. And I'm sorry it took needing fellow Nigerian's help to actually get me to sign up. But please still don't hold it against me. Help me out by doing my survey and I promise to reciprocate/talk to whomever wants to get to know me now, ok?

I had a simpler survey before with 5 yes or no questions and then I was going to watch a large sample of Nollywood movies, but my advisor (damn her) vetoed that and said that my formative research (survey) should be more in depth so I should have a meatier survey. I'm sorry you're finding it a little complicated. I am still going to watch about 50 Nollywood movies in addition, but since my project is about what people think in addition to my own findings, it has to be this way. As far as incentives go, I don't have a big budget but I'm open to providing an incentive. What would you suggest? And how would I go about giving the winner his/her prize? If you have suggestions, I'm definitely open to them.
That's alright I don't need an "incentive" to help out a sista smiley. I just took the survey and it actually wasn't that bad or long. I'll try to send it to a few friends and get them to take it. Goodluck with your project!
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Sisikill: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ Topic
Filled out the survey, unfortunately I don't think I gave you much to work with. . . the reality is Naija movies and your subject matter have never crossed paths, well except the pregnancy & fertility ones. The former is depicted as tool women use to trap men and the latter is used to rationalize why a man cheats on his wife. . . not the most socially and morally consciouse message.

May I suggest something. . . how about starting a thread with some of these topics and get a feel of where people stand? I'm not saying you should abandon the survey all together but you can uses the discussion to supplement it.

Anyhoo, Best of luck all the same.

Seun:

Incentive? How do you mean?

I actually didn't find it complicated. . . took me 2 minutes to complete it and honestly, anyone who has seen more than 30 Nigerian Movies in their lifetime can answer those questions. Don't think any note taking is really necessary to answer. . . .

This
Can Nollywood movies have a role in giving valuable health and social messages?

Or this
Have you ever learnt something from a Nollywood movie that caused you to change your attitudes/behavior about an issue?

Or this
What potential does Nollywood have to give valuable social and behavioural health messages?

My Answers by the way -
Ha!
Ha Ha!
Bwhahahahahahaha!
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by JeSoul(f): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2008
Sisikill:

@ Topic
Filled out the survey, unfortunately I don't think I gave you much to work with. . . the reality is Naija movies and your subject matter have never crossed paths, well except the pregnancy & fertility ones. The former is depicted as tool women use to trap men and the latter is used to rationalize why a man cheats on his wife. . . not the most socially and morally consciouse message.

LOL grin cheesy
The poverty and physical/spousal abuse I thot was applicable - ritual killings for money, abusive husbands etc . . .

3. Have you ever learnt something from a Nollywood movie that caused you to change your attitudes/behavior about an issue
my answer to this question was a hell-no! smiley Most Nollywood movies annoy me more than anything.

But that was a good suggestion for Tatase to post the questions as topics . . . that might garner more responses.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
Sisikill:

May I suggest something. . . how about starting a thread with some of these topics and get a feel of where people stand? I'm not saying you should abandon the survey all together but you can uses the discussion to supplement it.

Sisikill thanks so much for doing my survey and for your suggestion. It's a really good idea. Also JeSoul thanks for doing it, without incentive, I really appreciate.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Sisikill: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
JeSoul:

LOL grin cheesy
The poverty and physical/spousal abuse I thot was applicable - ritual killings for money, abusive husbands etc . . .
my answer to this question was a hell-no! smiley Most Nollywood movies annoy me more than anything.

But that was a good suggestion for Tatase to post the questions as topics . . . that might garner more responses.

Oh man! I forgot about Poverty and Spousal abuse.

My answers. . .

Poverty was - Hell Yeah! If there is no poor girl for the rich guy to fall in love with, despite his parents disapproval, where will the conflict come from? Duh!

Spousal Abuse - Whoa! Whoa! Hold the phones. . . is this a bad thing? Isn't that what men all over the world do to their wives? No way! Are. . . are you telling us that Nollywood has been steering us wrong and slapping your wife isn't another way of saying I love you??!! then I screamed "Darn You, Nollywood" and broke down in tears cheesy
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Sisikill: 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
Tatase:

Sisikill thanks so much for doing my survey and for your suggestion. It's a really good idea. Also JeSoul thanks for doing it, without incentive, I really appreciate.

Please, it was my pleasure. . . seriously.

Funny thing, I never really looked at Nollywood movies in that context, for me it's always in the context of Cringing and biting my tongue to keep from talking (learnt my lesson the day my aunt hit me over the head with the VCD case of her movie yelling "Ko ara eh soun jo, Ko ye ba movie je fun mi" (Literally translated - Pack your self away jo and stop ruining the movie for me). So yeah, the survey was enlightening and I hope you get more responses. smiley
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
I filled out your survey.
Like Sisikill said earlier, it isn't complicated.
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by chiogo(f): 12:03am On Aug 08, 2008
Hi Tatase, I took the survey although I'm not a nollywood fan(I used to be). I also got my sister to take it. Now, she's the nollywood expert!

Anyway, the survey was cool. It's kind@ surprising that you need it to pass a class. So, I decided to help a sister out. Goodluck!
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
@Sisikill
You are hilarious!!! Thanks again. I was totally rotflmao at all your comments.

@Lasiefaire
Thank you for doing it. Much appreciated.

@chiogo
Thank you and your sister too. I need the project to finish my masters and i need the survey to do the project so i suppose in a weird way my master's hangs on nollywood, shocked <scary thought>.

No but really thanks everyone who's done it sooooo far!!!!
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Enigma(m): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2008
Re: Nollywood Survey For School Please Help: by Tatase(f): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
Enigma:

Try Nollywood Forums

Thanks. I'm checking it out now.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Mr. Frank Donga's Job Interview. (Very Funny) / Gotv #2900 Sale Is A SCAM / Transgender Woman Commits Sucide After She Was Sent To Male Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.