Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos (2942 Views)

Business Development Officer - Pecan Trust Microfinance Bank [120k] / I Need Any Job In Ilorin Or Kwara / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Hi fellow Nlanders,

A friend of mine works presently in Ilorin with an indigenous company and earns 60k per month, he got 120k offer from a multinational company with the (head office in Dubal and offices in middle east and africa countries) that are into distribution of one the product the the indigenous company sells.

he needs advise on on what to do because the new job is in Lagos.

1) Is the pay okay for Lagos?
2) How does multinational policy affect staff negatively and positively?

Thanks
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 11:33am On Jan 04, 2014
please, my friend needs your advise.

Administrator: Hi fellow Nlanders,

A friend of mine works presently in Ilorin with an indigenous company and earns 60k per month, he got 120k offer from a multinational company with the (head office in Dubal and offices in middle east and africa countries) that are into distribution of one the product the the indigenous company sells.

he needs advise on on what to do because the new job is in Lagos.

1) Is the pay okay for Lagos?
2) How does multinational policy affect staff negatively and positively?

Thanks
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2014
21 view in 5minute but 0 comment.

MOD, can you please move this to home page for visibility?

Thanks
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Take the money Job in Lagos, and invest the money in Ilorin.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by duality(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2014
This shouldn't be difficult na?

120k is good ; 60k is equally good. he should make his choice (prayerfully).

Also can you state the name of the company, the location and a place where he'll reside. this information is needed for good advice. The information above is so insufficient for any meaningful response.

secondly. @OP help me with this;

I like to travel to abuja, but I'd also like to travel to PH. Please advise me on which one to travel to.

I really need your advice smiley

1 Like

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by mikael78: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tell him to follow is heart ...that little voice doesnt LIE!!!
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Ayoola171(m): 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
In my own view, i think ur friend should not be afraid to move 4ward, at least 120k to start wit multinational is better.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by sunjos79: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
he should take 60k of ilorin due to cost of living.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by kasheemawo(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
He will be earning same amount of money every month because of cost of living in d 2 states.highest transport fare he will incur in ilorin won't be more than #200 daily and reverse may be the case as that of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
thanks at all,

more reply please. i will let him read this thread tonight.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by leckzyb(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Cost of living in lagos is terrible but ilorin is better smiley
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by yat11: 2:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Iphybest: 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
From experience He should stay back in Ilorin cos of the cost of living there. I work with a new generation bank within that area and hardly spend up to 15k monthly on CL.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Well, there are many things to consider here:

Whats the nature of the N60K Job?
Is it a government job?
Is your friend interested in building a career?
Does he own a car?
Is he married/single?

I am not a Prophet, but I want to assume your friend works with a Pharmaceutical company...

and I also want to assume the job has to do with sales/marketing..

Well, if my assumption is true, then ILORIN is the answer.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Ayoola171(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Iphybest and am sendin this to as many that has valuable advice 4me, i've done documentatn with ICSL and i was told during intaview with them dat i will be seconded to Mansard Assurance 60k base pay plus commitn, while am waitn for their invitatn; i got another job with GTI Microfinance Bank direct 40k base pay plus commisn as well and i've resume with GTI, but my questn is that; should i later switch to Mansard as contract staff when later call on me or i should continue with my career at Gti. Thanks
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Babamide(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
60k in ilorin = 120k in lagos.
It all depends on ur friend's lifestyle. If he is a hustler at heart, he can go to lagos but if he wants to live a stress- free life, he should stay in ilorin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by jedidiah22(m): 5:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Well, let your friend answer these questions.
Does he have a place to stay in lagos?
How far is the place to the office?
Still, I think working with a multinational is far better and you have opportunities to grow.
My own 1 cent
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by adezjamz(m): 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=30pt]as for me, I don't think when money rules. Lagos straight cool[/size]
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Ayoola171(m): 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
As for me again, is cost of living in Lagos is as twice of that of ilorin ? I think an answer to this is a function of an individual, 60k to 120k that's 100% increament, although human being by nature we're always afraid of embracing change, we tend to think our present conditn is bearable, this is an opportunity for you to step up to multinational company in Lagos & leave Ilorin, that ur so confortable zone that make u tot u can't cope with doble of ur present salary some where else. Transformatn big time, Imagin Lagos; the centre of excellence &opportunities. "EKO O NI BAJE O"
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
Whats the nature of the N60K Job? Retail Sales while the new one is channel sales.

Is it a government job? One man business(corporate)

Is your friend interested in building a career? Yes he is interested.

Does he own a car? Nope

Is he married/single? Single but he is planning to settle before the end of the year.

The job is not a Pharmaceutical job, it's electronics.

Acidosis: Well, there are many things to consider here:

Whats the nature of the N60K Job?
Is it a government job?
Is your friend interested in building a career?
Does he own a car?
Is he married/single?

I am not a Prophet, but I want to assume your friend works with a Pharmaceutical company...

and I also want to assume the job has to do with sales/marketing..

Well, if my assumption is true, then ILORIN is the answer.
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Does he have a place to stay in lagos?- YES

How far is the place to the office? ONE BUS

jedidiah_22: Well, let your friend answer these questions.
Does he have a place to stay in lagos?
How far is the place to the office?
Still, I think working with a multinational is far better and you have opportunities to grow.
My own 1 cent
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by bakingsoda: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ayoola171: @Iphybest and am sendin this to as many that has valuable advice 4me, i've done documentatn with ICSL and i was told during intaview with them dat i will be seconded to Mansard Assurance 60k base pay plus commitn, while am waitn for their invitatn; i got another job with GTI Microfinance Bank direct 40k base pay plus commisn as well and i've resume with GTI, but my questn is that; should i later switch to Mansard as contract staff when later call on me or i should continue with my career at Gti. Thanks
remain with GTI because it is not contract based, continue your career
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by bakingsoda: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
The truth is Ilorin life is peaceful, but let's face it the environment is slow paced for career growth. I would advice your friend to take the Lagos job since it is just a bus from where he would be staying to work, and the other factors involved. If he doesnt spend carelessly, he should be able to have meaningful savings at the end of every month. He should also remain focused...
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by momexcellency: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
In my own opinion your friend best job is the 120k job in Lagos because it is a Multinational. It is very good compared to the one man business in Ilorin. One man business is a trash, the MD may not be in a good mood one day and that is the end of the job.

1 Like

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 8:01am On Jan 05, 2014
The truth is that Ilorin is also getting congested and life is getting expensive gradually shocked

bakingsoda: I was working in Ilorin befroe I decided to resign and come back to Lagos. The truth is Ilorin life is peaceful, but let's face it the environment is slow paced for career growth. I would advice your friend to take the Lagos job since it is just a bus from where he would be staying to work, and the other factors involved. If he doesnt spend carelessly, he should be able to have meaningful savings at the end of every month. He should also remain focused...
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by kemiola89(f): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2014
You people are making it seem like lagos is that bad. Haba! 120k salary for single is not too bad, some are earning lesser and still living a peaceful life.

Tell you friend to embrace this rare opportunity and catch the next bus to lagos.

1 Like

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Holumighty(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pack your load bro before your ass is kicked out of that seat. Lagos on point ob
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 6:27am On Jan 07, 2014
kemiola89: You people are making it seem like lagos is that bad. Haba! 120k salary for single is not too bad, some are earning lesser and still living a peaceful life.

Tell you friend to embrace this rare opportunity and catch the next bus to lagos.

For married mko? shocked
Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Tell ur friend to grab d 120k job fast
By the time he puts the new coy on his CV when he begins to search for job again, he will attracts other multinational coys
Ilorin is dry and he wont grow career wise there.
I can bet dat in 2yrs time his salary may not b up to 100k if he stays with d coy in ilorin. Unlike when u r in lagos wit a multinational, u r entitled to so many benefits: bonus, hmo, mayb upfront, training, exposure to multilingual settings etc.
Please tell ur friend to grab d Lagos offer asap

1 Like

Re: 60k Job In Ilorin Or 120k Job In Lagos by Administrator: 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Okay...more

(1) (Reply)

My Testimony!!! / . / I Want To Quit My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.