Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. (1492 Views)

Photos: 10 Extremely Weird And Crazy Wedding Ceremonies / Mermaids Are Real!!!(the Truth Finally Uncovered) / 10 Weird Human Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by PeetaBishop(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
1. Phobophobia is the fear of phobias, or the fear of fear.
2. Ithyphallophobia is a morbid fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
3. Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school.
4. Androphobia is the fear of men.
5. Caligynophobia is the fear of beautiful women. The fear of beautiful women affects both men and women.
6. Dendrophobia is the fear of trees. A person with this phobia most likely is scared of being around a tree because he/she thinks the tree might fall down and kill him or her.
7. Nomophobia is the fear of having no cell phone. It's an abbreviation for "no-mobile-phone-phobia".
8. Samhainophobia is an intense and persistent fear of Halloween and it can cause panic attacks on people who suffer it.
9. Anatidaephobia is the pervasive, irrational fear that, somewhere in the world, a duck is watching you.
10. Hippopotomonstrosequip is the fear of long words. There are alot of interesting and random phobias out there, the Dendrophobia (fear of trees), Blennophobia (fear of slime), and Neophobia (fear of anything new). However, the fear of long words may have the most ironic (and cruelest) name ever. So lets say you do have this phobia, you'd be terrified to name your ailment. Kind of a conundrum. Get full gist and extra weird phobias here (http://mobile.omg-facts.com/lists/470/15-Weird-Phobias-You-Won-t-Believe-Are-Real/1)
Add yours and join in the fun...Mine is Fropaphobia (fear of not making front page on Nairaland)

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by Drniyi4u(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Peeta Bishop:
2. Ithyphallophobia is a morbid fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
grin
Peeta Bishop:
4. Androphobia is the fear of men.
abi fear of android phones

why on earth will one has phobia for men or beautiful women

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by PeetaBishop(m): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Drniyi4u:
grin

abi fear of android phones

why on earth will one has phobia for men or beautiful women
Na so I still talk when i see am o..lol.
Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm suffering from Brokephobia. The fear of being broke
Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by zainharb: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Mine is Photophobia, d fear of light
Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by medinajabbar(f): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2014
dats true,i always av d fear for new things,and am always scared of going to school,d first time i ws in sec school even higher institution i ws crying wen i entered d class

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by PeetaPan(m): 10:51am On Jan 05, 2014
medina jabbar: dats true,i always av d fear for new things,and am always scared of going to school,d first time i ws in sec school even higher institution i ws crying wen i entered d class
wow dis is d first tym i'm meeting a person with d fear of anything new.
Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by Chrisdmeek(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Naijafemaphobia - d fear of Naija women. Dem go suck ur pocket like mosquito

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Phobias You Won't Believe Are Real. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
medina jabbar: dats true,i always av d fear for new things
would you be afraid if someone (maybe me) buys you a new Porshe automobile or something you've been longing for?

(1) (Reply)

At Last Afrocandy Releases Her Explicit Content Film In Naija / Singer, Faze Searches For Honour In New Movie / Check Out 'the Simpsons' Lego Set (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.